Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 16th March 2017, 02:03 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfps View Post
Private from public, development servers ...not pirate.
My bad then, apologies.

The comment about the technical feasibility stands though
Old 19th March 2017, 12:01 PM
Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexblot View Post
Private (aka pirate) servers are efforts from non-officials.

There is NO programmatic / systemic reason for not doing this, every obstacle can be overcome.

However, there needs to be a business decision to do that - whether Playa:
- believes this is for the best,
- wants to devote resources into building this functionality and
- whether people will be annoyed more than expected

I think that is true, that there is no programmatic / systemic reason.
But inactive servers/worlds are not really attractive and the active players are quitting the game...
Now int. w3 for example is still active, but i can talk for our whole guild, that we wont have a problem with a fusion with an older world - with int. w2 for example or with w4 would be ok too. We want that all

i just want to say, that this is a wish from many people - but most of them cant say it, because they dont want to register on the forum ^^
Old 19th March 2017, 07:19 PM
Baby

It's a risky move for Playa tho. Since they might upset the top players of the newer worlds when merging them with elder servers causing them to drop from TOP 1-2 to TOP 10-20-30. And potentially losing them (1-2 year diff is a big thing in the end), or atleast stopping them from buying as much shroom as they used to buy which is certainly not what playa wants so idk if it will ever happens.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:24 AM
Sheep

Default Multi-accounts

Personally, I think there is also another weakness that nobody presents. What about a possible multi-accounts implication? Especially, in national servers, it is likely players have a character in, e.g., s1 and s2. If we will merge s2 in s1, what can we do with them? Will we maintain both or only one? Off course, in the case we spent real money in all our character (someone more, someone less), we will not completely happy of this fusion.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:06 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirur View Post
Personally, I think there is also another weakness that nobody presents. What about a possible multi-accounts implication? Especially, in national servers, it is likely players have a character in, e.g., s1 and s2. If we will merge s2 in s1, what can we do with them? Will we maintain both or only one? Off course, in the case we spent real money in all our character (someone more, someone less), we will not completely happy of this fusion.
Holle said we would keep all the accounts since they would mark them differently. But creating new accounts would be illegal.
Old 20th March 2017, 04:17 PM
Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalltear Bloodfallen View Post
i just want to say, that this is a wish from many people - but most of them cant say it, because they dont want to register on the forum ^^
You are right my mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by david4244 View Post
It's a risky move for Playa tho. Since they might upset the top players of the newer worlds when merging them with elder servers causing them to drop from TOP 1-2 to TOP 10-20-30. And potentially losing them (1-2 year diff is a big thing in the end), or atleast stopping them from buying as much shroom as they used to buy which is certainly not what playa wants so idk if it will ever happens.
I dont think that the move would be risky.
As shalltear said: We have no problem to get fusioned with int. w2... - it is 3 mounth older but i will beat their "top 1" player easily... and my guild on w3 would beat the best guild of int. w2 easily too - an older world doesnt garant you that you be better than the players of the newer world...
The rank as "topplayer" should be earned new than

And for all small players it is more attractive to play too - because more players, more activity etc.
Old 20th March 2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david4244 View Post

On the one hand you are right, but on the other hand many people (including me) would refresh their interest in the game as I would have someone to compete with after so much time. I dont care if i am not no.1 in the server, i care about competing with ppl... Other people though might share your view, thus the complexity of the matter...
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 20th March 2017, 05:42 PM
Baby

You would hardly have any competition even if they'd merge every single server into 1 And your case is diff anyway since you are playing on S1, i was rather refering to things like xy country server's S10-11-12-13-14 Get merged, top S12-13-14 guys would most likely be kinda annoyed but ye as you mentioned in certain cases few would be happy aswell. Either way it's a really risky move and wonders if it will ever happen but we will see.

Ps. Congrats on twister and shadow easteros 20/8.

Last edited by david4244; 20th March 2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:55 PM

Ty lol
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13