Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 5th December 2016, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
I still fail to see what's the purpose of adding to the game "the possibility to insert a slot". So what? You get an epic with no slots and then you go to shops and pay i.e. 500.000gold to insert a socket to it? Is that fulfilling? Why not make everyone level 500 and give them limitless mushrooms and infinite stats? Let's make the game totally goal-less and give no satisfaction whatsoever to the gamers.

I spent 2000 mushrooms to get epics in every slot with gems mate, and that is what pays this company and that is what satisfies me as a player as well. The fact that not all of us are equally strong. If they give to everyone the ability to be equal, the next day the company is dead and thus the game is dead.

Please stop whining for god's sake, this game is easy enough as it is....
yes the game is easy and yes I shroom but I am on the side of those complaining about the cost of finding epics with slot heck this epic weekend was a waste I stopped at almost 400 shrooms when I only found 6 epics on Saturday none with slots and 6 today with 1 worth keeping which by the equals the amount I got from quests so a whopping 2 epics worth keeping for almpst 500 shrooms. not a good value. I don't mind supporting a game Ilike but dang epic weekends anymore feel like I have to sell my first born and I don't have any kids. Heckat this point I am not asking for all wpics to have slots but give us a way to add one to them I think most ppl who spend to find new epics would pay 10 shrooms for the ability to do so. it is a win-win players get what they want slots for epics and playa gets some money from shrooms.
Arrow (5th December 2016), BONESKY (5th December 2016), KOMA90 (5th December 2016)
Old 5th December 2016, 08:28 AM
Blacksmith

Let's make an example: if we have to spent something like 150 mushrooms every epic weekend, we can say that for example 1.000 players will do so.
If we have to spent something like 500 mushrooms every epic weekend, we can say that for example 10 players will do so.
This is just a stupid example that will show you that to spent less mushrooms during epic weekend will not means that Playa will loose money...
If, like bobo said, we suggest that adding a slot will cost some mushrooms then Play will continue to gain.
Old 5th December 2016, 11:38 AM
Blacksmith

personally, I simply refuse to spend as many shrooms on epic weekends - it's pointless.

The previous epic weekend, I spent 500 shrooms and got 19 epics - of those, 7(!) had sockets, and only 2 were actually useful.

This epic weekend, I spent 150 shrooms and got 7 epics, NONE with sockets.
I also flushed the toilet, and -guess what?- got a nice upgrade, without a socket though... making it useless.

I've mentioned multiple times - at higher levels, your epic income simply stagnates! Dungeons have wide gaps between the possibility for victory (since at these levels you've finished the tower, about half of Easteros, and about half of 13th floor in Shadow), toilets flushes are once a month, and Twister droprate is plainly abysmal (after 390 levels I've gotten 2 epics, both of which were unsocketed). I won't even go as far as talking about quest epic droprates - those are virtually non-existent.

I've been relying on Epic weekends and shrooms for some epics, but even that is proving increasingly difficult.

Enabling item socketing with some strong limitations (eg only allow once per month, with a heavy gold and fortress resource cost) will make the game MUCH more satisfying for a number of reasons:

- Fortress resources become useful even after you max out everything (which will probably start happening in a year from now for lots of players, or sooner)

- It is relatively easy to implement by using mechanics similar to HoK in the fortress: say that after fortress level 15 (to keep it for relatively high level players), by paying a resource cost equal to your fortress upgrade and a nice sum of gold, you can get an item (similar to resource bonus items in Forest rarities event) that can be applied to an item to provide the socket. After use, it takes a month before being ready to reuse.

- It makes people really think about the item they will socket, so some planning is involved.

- It takes away that dreadful feeling of loss when you get a really nice upgrade epic and it lacks a socket!
Old 5th December 2016, 12:09 PM
Blacksmith

This is what I mean: also paying players, are ceasing to use the epic weekend because it became too expensive and unnecessary.
I don't know what, but it's certain that something must be done.
Old 5th December 2016, 08:01 PM
Stable Boy

Cool

Quote:
personally, I simply refuse to spend as many shrooms on epic weekends - it's pointless.
the same
Old 8th December 2016, 08:25 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
I still fail to see what's the purpose of adding to the game "the possibility to insert a slot". So what? You get an epic with no slots and then you go to shops and pay i.e. 500.000gold to insert a socket to it? Is that fulfilling? Why not make everyone level 500 and give them limitless mushrooms and infinite stats? Let's make the game totally goal-less and give no satisfaction whatsoever to the gamers.

I spent 2000 mushrooms to get epics in every slot with gems mate, and that is what pays this company and that is what satisfies me as a player as well. The fact that not all of us are equally strong. If they give to everyone the ability to be equal, the next day the company is dead and thus the game is dead.

Please stop whining for god's sake, this game is easy enough as it is....
Since WHEN is pay-to-win satisfying anyway? All you do is drop money in their wallets and get the stuff you want........... Yeah satisfying.....

Obviously the idea of making it cost 500.000g to add a socked to an item makes it ridiculous. Rise it up adding 2x 0's and you will have 50 milion gold cost of a socket. Not everyone saves up that much money since you have to pay for stats as well. So the thing starts getting interesting, you want to sacrifice 50 milion worth of stats for a socket for a lot stats to an item you will eventually replace later on anyway or use it for a few stats right away? (obviously the money cost should be proportional to your level or stats cost, at my level 50 milion seems a good deal since it's the cost of 5 stats points, I am 366).

The different play styles and finding out the right balance that makes you stronger than the others... Now that is satisfying.... Not pay to win really.... Literally EVERYTHING is more satisfying than that xd

Last edited by Meow; 8th December 2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 8th December 2016, 07:10 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Since WHEN is pay-to-win satisfying anyway? All you do is drop money in their wallets and get the stuff you want........... Yeah satisfying.....

[...]

The different play styles and finding out the right balance that makes you stronger than the others... Now that is satisfying.... Not pay to win really.... Literally EVERYTHING is more satisfying than that xd
Some people get off by being first - even at a cost. The thing is not being pay to win, see my post - there are means there to make it so that it's both fair and rare. Simply making it a Fortress building with a long cool down, or even making it a reward from the mine ( similar to shadow dungeon keys, with limitations similar to those of black gems ) will keep it rare enough so that it still matters.

And that has nothing to do with "pay to win".
Old 11th December 2016, 03:34 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexblot View Post
Some people get off by being first - even at a cost. The thing is not being pay to win, see my post - there are means there to make it so that it's both fair and rare. Simply making it a Fortress building with a long cool down, or even making it a reward from the mine ( similar to shadow dungeon keys, with limitations similar to those of black gems ) will keep it rare enough so that it still matters.

And that has nothing to do with "pay to win".
I was talking about what GeorgeKen, not you.
Your ideas to make it a long CD in the Fortress somewhere or in the mine seem fine to me. My idea of making it cost a lot of gold was just a random silly example to explain the whole thing.
Old 9th January 2017, 10:15 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
This "epic" morning more than 300 mushrooms (!!!!) and 0, I said 0, epic with a slot.
0!!!
Only a LOT of epics without slot or with only fortune stat.
You can say that's a lucky matter. Ok but before the gem/slot update, today I should have collected almost 3 or 4 good epics using the half amount of mushrooms.
To add the possibility to insert a slot it's mandatory for me.
If we will continue this way, also the 'shrommers will not use epic event anymore.
What I have to spent? 500 mushrooms for just 1 epic at event?
This is simply crazy,
This last "epic" week end more than 200 mushrooms for only 1 epic that I can really use.
If nothing will change in the future, I think that I will not spend mushrooms anymore during this event, it's quite a waste of resources.
If I need a specific epic item it will take a Rockfeller' fortune to find it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrow For This Useful Post:
BONESKY (9th January 2017), Kirur (10th January 2017), KOMA90 (9th January 2017)
Old 14th January 2017, 09:35 AM
Sheep

I absolutely agree with Hexblot. I am a VERY light shroomer (I use them pretty much only for stable mounts and finding/buying the potion of eternal life) and at level 336, I get epics very rarely. Sometimes the main stats are hugely better than my current item but with no slot, the item is still useless, which is very frustrating. I would actually be prepared to use shrooms, i.e. spend more real money, to have some way to add a slot! Surely this should tell the devs something??

And George, not everyone is equal in the game, shroomers have a huge advantage as we all know, and this would only be another aspect of that.