Playa steels our honor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playa steels our honor.

When a player attacked me, and he loosed, he looses 20 honor.
    But I won't get that 20 honor!
    So, in my oppinion Playa steels our ingame honor!
    That belongs to us, the players!
    Another bad consequence from the last update (read my comment in the disscusionthread)

Give us in the next bugfix please our honor back!
    -------------------------------------
    Leidster/boss "The Deadly Assassins" NL2

Nr. 1 NL2

So addicted

Hmm i don't understand this

Just yesterday i got attacked by the same player twice
    Once i lost and the report showed me losing honor
    The second time i won and it showed me gaining honor

Unless it shows in the report but it's not actually added (i did not check) then i guess you are wrong or i don't understand your problem
    sigpic

Comment

1) a) Gaining/losing gold and honor: the winner gains gold and honor if the rank difference in the Hall of Fame is not too high. The loser loses gold and honor.
      b) If someone attacks another player and loses and the honor gap is too big he/she loses 20 honor now but the winner does not win anything.

2) Gaining XP: if you attack someone in the arena the first 10 wins of the day give you honor, gold and XP. Requirements for gaining XP: you win a minimum of 100 honor and/or the opponent is up to 20 ranks behind you in the Hall of Fame.
      Please note that this applies to attacking someone only and not being attacked.
      Last edited by Leander; 28 July 2014, 02:39 PM.
      Community and Social Media Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
      Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

Comment

Exactly what I was writing about:
        b) If someone attacks another player and loses and the honor gap is too big he/she loses 20 honor now but the winner does not win anything.
        So one player looses 20 honor, but the other player doesn't gain 20 honor.
        So Playa is pulling 20 honor out of the game.
        You must agree with that.
        I think it is not more than fair, that the other player wins that 20 honor, so it stays ingame.

Nr. 1 NL2

So addicted

Comment

Originally posted by Morrie View Post
          Exactly what I was writing about:
          So one player looses 20 honor, but the other player doesn't gain 20 honor.
          So Playa is pulling 20 honor out of the game.
          You must agree with that.
          I think it is not more than fair, that the other player wins that 20 honor, so it stays ingame.
          Ok so u decide to attack someone that the old way if you lost you wouldn't lose 20 honor but u might win 1 in say 50 tries. well now there is a penalty for doing that it will cost u 20 honor. I for one think Playa did something right for a change with arena why should I get attacked so much and I get nothing but a ful mailbox and they lose nothing now ppl will rethink do I want to lose 20 honor for each loss or no.

Oh and considering 20 honor is I think 2 quests u get it back fairly quickly if u don't attack ppl out of your range to much and keep losing.
          have fun, fight hard, die honorably

Comment

Originally posted by bobo baggins View Post
            Ok so u decide to attack someone that the old way if you lost you wouldn't lose 20 honor but u might win 1 in say 50 tries. well now there is a penalty for doing that it will cost u 20 honor. I for one think Playa did something right for a change with arena why should I get attacked so much and I get nothing but a ful mailbox and they lose nothing now ppl will rethink do I want to lose 20 honor for each loss or no.

Oh and considering 20 honor is I think 2 quests u get it back fairly quickly if u don't attack ppl out of your range to much and keep losing.
            Well i somewhat agree with you too, and i too believed the the battling system needed some tweaking/balancing, but i can't help agreeing with Morrie too since they changed some things that was part of gameplay for years

I think it was fair to say that being active in battling resulted in more fame and i can see the fun in winning from a player that is many levels above you

Losing 20 honor might be back in 2 quests but that's just for 1 loss

Anyway Fame for me now is a bad thing since climbing too fast makes winning for the 10x extra xp harder, i now spam attacks on very high players to LOWER my Fame so it's easier to get my 10x xp

One of my suggestions HERE(forumlink) was:
            remove the "lose Fame on defeat while ATTACKING (very high/out of reach players)" but keep "lose fame on defeat while DEFENDING"(from players in range)
            This would prevent people 'manipulating' their places in ranks, making fame rank doing what it's supposed to do (rank on active fighting and winning)
            Above suggestion would of course stop my current 'exploiting' of the Fame system for XP strategy that i use now but it would appeal to all those 'lower' Players that battle hard to get a higher ranking
            Also it would stimulate fair battling (you will have to attack to bring someone down in the list) and balance the battles for XP

Again i am NOT playing like Morrie (her goal is quick fame, mine is quick XP) but she is playing like that for years while i only play like that for a few days since the update(although it feels like exploiting an unbalanced system )
            sigpic

Comment

Exactly: the whole goal of my play was to get as high as possible in the hall of fame.
              That goal for me is now gone. Playa changed the core of my game in Shakes & Fidget.
              Yesterday I only came online to pick up the first mushroom. Then I went offline.
              Cause the chat didn't work either.

So, now it is up to me; can I find a new goal that I like in this game or don't I.
              In that case Shakes & Fidget is over for me.
              And its oke that others find the game much nicer now, but I think Playa needs to know what they did for some uf us with this 'update' (for me it's no update, it's a change of gameplay).
              So I not mad or so, so no one has to feel offended en go right in to defending the game.

Nr. 1 NL2

So addicted

Comment

Exactly: the whole goal of my play was to get as high as possible in the hall of fame.
                That goal for me is now gone. Playa changed the core of my game in Shakes & Fidget.
                Yesterday I only came online to pick up the first mushroom. Then I went offline.
                Cause the chat didn't work either.

So, now it is up to me; can I find a new goal that I like in this game or don't I.
                In that case Shakes & Fidget is over for me.
                And its oke that others find the game much nicer now, but I think Playa needs to know what they did for some uf us with this 'update' (for me it's no update, it's a change of gameplay).
                So I not mad or so, so no one has to feel offended en go right in to defending the game.
                How did it change for you as you can still try to gain fame you just have to be more picky on who you attack.

Comment

How did it change for you as you can still try to gain fame you just have to be more picky on who you attack.
                  She likes to gain by winning from high players, even if its a casual or 'lucky' win

If she had to attack 10 times only to win the 11th time she would spend her time and enjoy that

Now if she looses 10 times (x20fame = 200fame lost) and wins that 1 time (+/- 200 fame gained) it equals out to nothing = time wasted

It is a style of playing that was made possible by the way the game worked for years
                  Playa changed the core of the gameplay to exclude this playstyle
                  sigpic

Comment

Right, it is exactly that. I enjoy to attack players who are way higher than me and to win sometimes.
                    When those players hate that: it's in the game. Correct: it was in the game.
                    When others, lower than you in rank are better fighters, so it is. It means you have a rank which is too high.
                    It's a logical thing. Some are better, some not.

The joy of those attacks, my joy, is taken away from be, by the owner and developer of the game.
                    And they steel the honor we worked hard for. By attacking or doeing quests.
                    They changed the system, which I don't like!

Nr. 1 NL2

So addicted

Comment

Right, it is exactly that. I enjoy to attack players who are way higher than me and to win sometimes.
                      When those players hate that: it's in the game. Correct: it was in the game.
                      When others, lower than you in rank are better fighters, so it is. It means you have a rank which is too high.
                      It's a logical thing. Some are better, some not.

The joy of those attacks, my joy, is taken away from be, by the owner and developer of the game.
                      And they steel the honor we worked hard for. By attacking or doeing quests.
                      They changed the system, which I don't like!
                      So u think u are better if u can beat someone 1 out of say 10 times no u r not better u just got the lucky rolls that turn if u were better u would win more then u lost.

I believe they fixed something that should have been fixed long ago. why should someone get 200 honor for beating someone way higher then them and NOT lose something when they lose that was not fair. those ppl worked just as hard if not harder then u to get where they are so I for one am glad they fixed what was broken for soooooooo long.

Comment

I give up.
                        Over and over people here want to tell me how to play the game.
                        Change my way of playing this game. The way I did for years.
                        I give up.
                        Every time the comments are not about the core of my post, but about little things I wrote.
                        I give up.
                        I stand by my oppinion: Playa steels our honor. We gain that honor, Playa takes it away, out of our! game.
                        Without players no Playa.
                        I give up.

Nr. 1 NL2

So addicted

Comment

So u think u are better if u can beat someone 1 out of say 10 times no u r not better u just got the lucky rolls that turn if u were better u would win more then u lost.

I believe they fixed something that should have been fixed long ago. why should someone get 200 honor for beating someone way higher then them and NOT lose something when they lose that was not fair. those ppl worked just as hard if not harder then u to get where they are so I for one am glad they fixed what was broken for soooooooo long.
                          -.- mind is blown
                          You really don't read or try to understand what someone says
                          It had been like it was since the beginning
                          Never was it stated that this was a bug or that it should be 'fixed' in the future

Luck is part of the game too, it's even a stat that you can buy

Do you even play the game?

Really wanted to say more, but honestly i'm getting sick of it, and people don't read anyway

But nvm...please don't reply anymore, i agree with Morrie it's useless
                          anyway
                          sigpic

Comment

Morrie It's your opinion and if you don't like the new PvP system I don't have any problems with it. Opinions and tastes are different. However, the new mechanics are a bit more interesting in my opinion. Yes, you lose honor if you lose the fight but only 20...but if you win you don't only gain honor and gold like before the update but you also receive XP for the first 10 wins of the day.

Playa introduced the "-20 honor" system for losses because of low vs. high-level exploits. Some lower levels kept attacking higher levels to win XP and gold if they are really lucky but they did not lose anything if they lost.
                            Community and Social Media Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
                            Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

Comment

Originally posted by Spruitje View Post
                              -.- mind is blown
                              You really don't read or try to understand what someone says
                              It had been like it was since the beginning
                              Never was it stated that this was a bug or that it should be 'fixed' in the future

Luck is part of the game too, it's even a stat that you can buy

Do you even play the game?

Really wanted to say more, but honestly i'm getting sick of it, and people don't read anyway

But nvm...please don't reply anymore, i agree with Morrie it's useless
                              anyway
                              Do I read the posts yes I do. I know it was like that since the beginning I am one of many who complained abt lower level ppl spam attacking ppl way higher them themselves. Plus I never said it was a bug either I just said they fixed something that should have been fixed for a long time in as there should be a penalty for any loss in area as it would make ppl think more abt who they attack instead of going for the lucky win.
                              As for the luck stat I guess you don't look to see what that stat really does it doesn't incease your luck it inceases your chance at getting a crit for each round you attack. Yes I play the game I at one time played on 12 servers and all but 3 are lvl 300+ the main server I play on I am lvl 344 and always ranked in the top 5 of the HoF.

I understand for the way he does arena it messed it up for him but tbh he is in the minority of ppl who do attack in the arena and he can adjust his strategy so as to not lose honor or not do arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X