Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Contest 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I have written this up before on another forum. How about best guild board?


    merlin
    mage corps the only way to fly

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by merlination View Post
      I have written this up before on another forum. How about best guild board?


      merlin
      Please elaborate: What do you mean by saying guild board?
      *************************************
      Hi, I'm George the Greek!
      You can find me in UK server 1
      Born: 15/9/10
      Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
      *************************************

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Baldur View Post
        Please elaborate: What do you mean by saying guild board?
        He means the most usefull rules in a guild.
        And, i do not think that 's a good idea
        S1.sfgame.gr -> magosmpala
        S2.sfgame.gr -> SilverBeaver21
        w1.sfgame.net->Decimate
        W11.sfgame.net -> magosmpalas
        w13.sfgame.net -> SilverBeaver

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by fidget View Post
          He means the most usefull rules in a guild.
          And, i do not think that 's a good idea
          so who is gonna win in case two (or more) people from the same guild take part in the contest?

          (+merlination is a SHE )
          *************************************
          Hi, I'm George the Greek!
          You can find me in UK server 1
          Born: 15/9/10
          Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
          *************************************

          Comment


            #20
            What I mean by guild board is the design of the board. So if you look at Mage Corps we have several owls sitting on the heads of the bar denizens. We also run weekly fun contests and have the rules. I realise that only one person types onto the board but it could be a group thing where the members of the guild make suggestions or send the leader designs they have made to be incorporated. This would mean that a guild wins the community contest as opposed to an individual. And it would make looking at the guild boards a lot more fun.

            Of course the other option would be a toon description contest. A lot of people have put a great deal of work in making images in their descriptions.

            *merlin flutters -
            mage corps the only way to fly

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by merlination View Post
              What I mean by guild board is the design of the board. So if you look at Mage Corps we have several owls sitting on the heads of the bar denizens. We also run weekly fun contests and have the rules. I realise that only one person types onto the board but it could be a group thing where the members of the guild make suggestions or send the leader designs they have made to be incorporated. This would mean that a guild wins the community contest as opposed to an individual. And it would make looking at the guild boards a lot more fun.

              Of course the other option would be a toon description contest. A lot of people have put a great deal of work in making images in their descriptions.

              *merlin flutters -
              I don't think so
              S1.sfgame.gr -> magosmpala
              S2.sfgame.gr -> SilverBeaver21
              w1.sfgame.net->Decimate
              W11.sfgame.net -> magosmpalas
              w13.sfgame.net -> SilverBeaver

              Comment


                #22
                To each his or her own. Just thinking up ideas.


                merlin
                mage corps the only way to fly

                Comment


                  #23
                  Keep your ideas coming. I will post the poll with your ideas next week.

                  Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


                  Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I think a toon page could be a very interesting idea.

                    Way back in the ASCII (look it up people) days we created things out of the alphabet. s were very popular. Information was purely text based.

                    Some people have some really interesting art on their pages. I have seen shark fins, trucks and of course owls .
                    Although I like the idea of quizzes stuff can be looked up. Why not have a creative contest for the toon pages? It is actually quite difficult to create a really good looking toon description! Dare you!!!



                    merlin @)>-}-;-- a rose by any other name
                    mage corps the only way to fly

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by merlination View Post
                      I think a toon page could be a very interesting idea.

                      Way back in the ASCII (look it up people) days we created things out of the alphabet. s were very popular. Information was purely text based.

                      Some people have some really interesting art on their pages. I have seen shark fins, trucks and of course owls .
                      Although I like the idea of quizzes stuff can be looked up. Why not have a creative contest for the toon pages? It is actually quite difficult to create a really good looking toon description! Dare you!!!



                      merlin @)>-}-;-- a rose by any other name


                      Ok thats not my creation but its nice.




                      For most people ASCII is black magic, if someone never played with it, it'll be impossible for hem to create something fast and good enought to have a chance of win. Theres also problem with ASCII generators.



                      PS

                      It'll be hard to post ASCII on forum. Additional spaces are automatically removed, I needed to replace them with "." or "," colored on background color. Only [fixedsys] font from available fonts work well with ASCII and not with all of them. These are observation just from converting ASCII to be posted.
                      Last edited by Bqczek; 8 February 2014, 09:16 AM.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        We used to use ASCII when freenet was up and running. Instead of using ASCII generators how about just using what we already have normal lettering? It is doable and fun.

                        Black magic, you say… someone said magic.. mwhahahahahahah


                        mages rule


                        PS interesting picture you have there Bqczek. c(:
                        mage corps the only way to fly

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Updated. Poll added (first post).

                          Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


                          Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Thanks for voting. We will make up our minds and find some quiz questions. Stay tuned.

                            Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


                            Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Here are the questions for the Community Contest.

                              Send an email with your answers to [email protected]. Also add your account name, email address and server* your account is on.
                              Deadline: 6 March 2014!

                              Prizes:

                              1st place: 150
                              2nd place: 100
                              3rd place: 50


                              * The contest is restricted to the servers that link to this forum -> UK, NL, SE, SK, IN, JP, RO.

                              Questions:

                              1) How long does Witch take to craft a new recipe after the cauldron reaches 100%?
                              2) Does the Witch accept Tower items?
                              3) What bonus and how much does "Sword of Vengeance" add to the weapon?
                              4) What is the description of the epic item "Golden Skull Ring of Captain Blue Beard"?
                              5) What do you have to do in order to see the "moo" message in the guild chat?
                              6) What do you need in order to drink more than 10 beers a day?
                              7) What do you need in order to attack someone in the arena while being on quest?
                              8) How many forum emoticons show eating or drinking smileys?
                              9) The current options background refers to the movie...?
                              10) Who has a chicken for sale? (look closely)

                              Hint to 3) temporarily switch the game language to English or use Google.
                              Last edited by Leander; 25 February 2014, 03:15 PM.

                              Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


                              Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Can I send answers through Private Messages here? Having trouble with emails.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X