Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Mushrooms Cheating?

Hey all!

There's been a fair amount of debate to whether mushrooms are a good thing or a bad thing in the game; what does everyone think?

-Are they necassary to beat some of the better guilds or should the guilds just recruit better?

-Do you need them to keep up with the higher ranked 'shroom players?

-Or do you think they don't make much difference at all?

Personally, I brought a £9.99 pack when I started to speed along my development in the early stages but now im a higher level im reluctant to buy more because I feel like that I would be cheating?

Also, i've noticed that you can donate mushrooms to your guild... Whats that for?

Anyway, Catch you later!

when ur guikld updates stuff to about like level 35 u start paying mushrooms to upgrade
    Inside the wall is my home filled with and s

Comment

Ah, thanks!

Comment

np dude glad i can help with s
        Inside the wall is my home filled with and s

Comment

Its at 50% or 25 fortress.
          sigpic

Comment

Mushrooms and cheating? No, why do you think that? The game is free to play without mushrooms. You can play alone, go on quests, buy items without mushrooms and be part of a guild. With mushrooms you can upgrade a guild, go on more quests in a shorter period of time, drink additional Thirst for Adventure. Why should this be cheating? If you just want to play the game and have a good time, you can play it all for free. If you want to compete with other players and want to be in the top something in the Hall of Fame, then you need mushrooms. The crucial question is if you want to be really good and be in the top something or if you don't care about ranks and the Hall of Fame.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

it is my opinion that supporting the creators by buying at least once would be correct.
              I've not yet bought any s but I will when the guild will require them to upgrade further. and personally I will buy s just once.

Dont fell like cheating because it's part of the game, and it's normal for such games to improve more by paying a little more.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, if it was cheating i would feel guilty and guess what? I dont feel guilty for buying mush's
                sigpic

Comment

= guilty. Just wait for judgement day.

Comment

Forgot
                    sigpic

Comment

Although I do believe that mushrooms should be brought, I don't really understand why you cannot donate found ones to your guild unless you have already purchased some. It just seems like an odd rule as you can spend them on everything else (except ways of making more - ie. the gambler).
                      sigpic

Comment

It's a measure to prevent guilds from cheating. Without this restrication, there would be ways to get tons of mushrooms by illegal but possible means.

PS I don't think the code knows if you bought or found mushrooms...they are just mushrooms. Therefore, you cannot donate e.g. 3 of your 28 mushrooms (if you found 3 of them).

Comment

I don't think mushrooms are cheating, but now that I've played on the US and UK servers, the UK players are getting cheated out of mushrooms On the US servers it's $9.99 US for 100 mushrooms, here it's (pound sign)9.99 for 100 mushrooms. That's basically twice the price for any non-European players. Based on that alone, if I was going to purchase a mushroom pack for either of my characters, it would be on the US server.

Do I think there's necessary to progress past a certain point in the game? Yes. Without mushrooms you can't upgrade your guild past 50%, which is a shame (although I understand why). You also can't level as fast as mushroom players, which puts you at a distinct disadvantage. I do think, however, that people who play for free are much more likely to stick with a game longer than those that pay to play. So if you stick with it, you'll end up getting ahead in the long run.

Just my 2
                          sigpic

Comment

That changed a few days ago Cashew... If you look now you get 130 for £10.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's a lot better than when I first joined. But still. It makes me sad (see? sad!)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X