Weapon Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Damage

Hi, I'm trying to work out what type of staff is best for my mage.

I have 2 options at the moment:

411-795 (603)

or

493-641 (567)

Now I get that the first one has higher average damage and a higher max, but as I dont fully understand the game mechanics, am I better off starting a fight where my minimum damage is going to be more?

I have heard that a damage multiplier is added to each attack after the first so that your damage increase exponentially or similar which confuses me further which would be best.

Any advice would be appreciated, but preferably facts rather than opinions as a few people I know have already offered their opinion and they're conflicted and not helpful

Many thanks!

I'd go for the higher average damage. And yes, the damage is increased each round.

What attributes do your two weapons have?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Try this site, it should answer ALL your questions about weapon damage http://sf.kalais.net/english/weapon-mage.html

Comment

Knytul

Great site. Thanks. I have passed it on to all my monkey heads.

merlin
        mage corps the only way to fly

Comment

Thanks for the site link.

Leander: The high damage one is +316 int and sadly +208 to strength whereas the lesser wand is +488 to int.

You can see its close, and im struggling to choose! This webpage suggests I should use the lower damage one by a fraction, but this does not take into the damage multiplication aspect of each round...

Im still stuck!

Comment

I personally would suggest you do some tests (for example: 10 fights with one dungeon mob with one staff and 10 fights on the same one with the other staff, or something of the kind) and get a general idea of which better works for you. That's providing you have the time and nerves to write down and measure the differences.

The more simple solution is to just use the (+STR) higher dmg staff on STR dungeons, and for other cases just go with the INT one.

Hope that helps
            I need your clothes, your boots, and your s

Comment

You are a mage so the strength bonus doesn't help you much...it should be + x intelligence in your case.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X