Question about mushrooms....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about mushrooms....

I just noticed that in the US servers, if you buy with credit card, you are given the choice to get 2.500 mushrooms for 100$ (or 64.5pounds).... Here in UK we get 1.300 mushrooms for 50pounds....

to make it even simpler:

US servers: 1 pound = 38,75 mushrooms.
    UK servers: 1 pound = 26 mushrooms.

Edit: I just checked out German servers (euro) as well: 1 pound = 38,46 mushrooms (or if you prefer 100euros = 3.000 mushrooms)

And playa still wonders why UK servers are dead? I mean what the heck...? I can understand a small difference due to currencies and different companies handling the payments (like US = 1 pound is 38,75 shrooms, German= 1 pound is 38,46 shrooms), but UK you almost pay double price to get the same amount as the US servers.... Don't playa think this is a little unfair for us in the UK?

I was afraid to post this thing in the forum realising i might make even more people stop playing in the UK, but this is outrageous.... Even I consider stop playing here and moving on to another country's server....
    Last edited by GeorgeKen; 26 July 2012, 02:36 PM.
    Hi, I'm George the Greek!
    You can find me in UK server 1
    Born: 15/9/10
    Forum Moderator: 16/4/13

Holy CRAP!... that's totally insane!

So typical though... everyone seems to think that we are loaded in the UK. We always get ripped of (Games, Ipad's and even apps in the app store).

Come on Playa Game's you are a bunch of thieves!!

I agree with you Baldur... after this why would anyone want to buy shrooms on this server????

Pity i didn't know about this sooner... i would have started a character on a US server ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbandon View Post
      So typical though... everyone seems to think that we are loaded in the UK. We always get ripped of (Games, Ipad's and even apps in the app store).
      the problem is that i am from Greece though.... (and i bet a lot of other people who play here are not from UK either... this is an international server)

also in order to make is simpler for someone to understand what difference we are talking about,

If i buy 100 pounds of mushrooms in UK server, i will get 2.600 mushrooms while:
      the US player will get 3.875 mushrooms and
      the Euro-player will get 3.846 mushrooms.....

that cant be only from taxes....
      Last edited by GeorgeKen; 26 July 2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

It also depends on the companies we work with...they have different payment options with different a different range. Moreover, we cannot offer the same mushroom packs for all servers. It also depends on the payment services.

But I will ask how everything is calculated.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Leander View Post
          It also depends on the companies we work with...they have different payment options with different a different range. Moreover, we cannot offer the same mushroom packs for all servers. It also depends on the payment services.

Ye i guessed that the "median" company was to blame, as i also said in the US forums... "we are talking about some serious differences.... i cant see how that difference can come up from taxes.... it seems more like the company who handles the payment in UK is seriously expensive both to Playa and to gamers as well....."

Maybe playa needs to find a better offer from a cheaper company if they want UK to flourish....

Comment

I am very curious about the verdict then. Its one of the first things i noticed on uk sf that the mushrooms are all different to buy. Buying 3600 mushrooms in 1 time is what most people i know do (dutch site).
            My chars:
            Fullpowerahead, 292 mage, s1: NL
            Fullpowerahead, 308 scout, s2: NL
            Fullpowerahead, 290 mage, s1: UK
            Fullpowerahead, 272 warrior, s2: UK

Comment

Here is their reply:

1350 = 49.99 pounds = 64 € = 0,047 €/mushroom
              1000 = 49,99 Dollar = 40 € = 0.04 €/mushroom

The mushrooms for the UK servers are not more expensive. However, the US servers offer bigger packs with a higher amount of mushrooms per order. Big packs usually get a discount...and then the mushrooms are cheaper because of the discount.

Playa are likely to add bigger packs to all UK servers, too...they say...but after the Gamesconvention.

Comment

Big packs usually get a discount...and then the mushrooms are cheaper because of the discount.
                yes that is true and pretty much sums up why such a huge difference exists.... its true that the difference in prices is because i was trying to compare the two prices based on the biggest offer available, forgetting that the more shrooms you buy the more they offer you as a bonus... and since you can spend 100$ in US, its logical to get more shrooms as bonus....

thats quite nice to know, and yes it didn't cross my mind... Thanks for the reply....

One more question by the way...: When is this convention happening?
                Last edited by GeorgeKen; 29 July 2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

yeah, for a simple big pack of 1620 mushrooms for 49.99 whatever that currency is, AFTER conversion costs me i think 70 bucks last time i did it.

There needs to be a way, that instead of us purchasing the mushrooms from whatever server's country we are in, we can purchase mushrooms from our HOME country, regardless of whatever server we are on. For example. Im in the USA, therefore i should be able to buy a digital product (ie mushrooms), on the US dollar at the US dollar rate, instead of having to do the conversions and buy them there. Same with Greece, UK, (insert country here)

Comment

we are actually buying in almost the same price after all Knytul, the only difference is that in US and other countries they are able to buy bigger packs and thus they get better deals because of it.... but hopefully they will introduce bigger packs (and thus better bargains) to UK as well

Comment

Sorry for double post, i just didnt want to open a new thread, and if i editted my last message probably noone would notice it.... so....

the question is simple: Leander do you have any update from playa if they will introduce to UK servers as well the pack with mushrooms which cost 100$ / or euros / or pounds whatever? (and thus we will be able to get more bonus mushrooms)....

Tell them if they will do it, they will have 200$(or pounds or euros) only from me when Oktomberfest comes.... it would be a pity to be able to spend some good money and not do it because i wont be offered the proper bonus... (i dont plan to buy 4 times the pack of 50 pounds ofcourse, thats like throwing money away against my competitors in the other servers....)

(and i guess the same applies to a lot of people from the server, especially from my guild....) all they have to do is introduce us with a bigger pack of mushrooms, it cant be that hard, and i am sure it will worth their time in money spent especially in Oktomberfest as i mentioned before...
                      Last edited by GeorgeKen; 10 September 2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Ok, I will forward it again with my next report to them.

Comment

Ok, I will forward it again with my next report to them.
                          Any answer from the developers? Any chance we get the package offered before Oktomberfest event starts?
                          Last edited by GeorgeKen; 24 September 2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I don't know, they are still talking about it.

Comment

Talk, talk, talk. Know what they say about all talk and no action.......

burrrrrrrrrp!!

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

Comment

Working...
                              X