Help with building my mage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with building my mage?

I usually play as an archer but wanted to mix it up. So I was wondering if anyone would kind enough as to help me out and tell me what is important for mages and what kinda builds there are or at least refer me to a thread that can do this. Thanks in advance!

Int and Con are the main stats you want to focus on. My math puts them at about equal. Luck is next after that, then the other two. Generally, I try to spend gold in a 10/10/5/1/1 ratio for Int/Con/Lck/Str/Dex. This means if my next intelligence stat point costs 100, my next luck point costs 50 and my next strength or dexterity point costs 10.

Some people play without buying strength or dexterity stats at all, going all into the main stats. I disagree with this; however small of an impact you think think they have eventually it's worth it as the main points get more pricey.

For example, if buying a con stat gets you 100 hp per fight, and a strength stat blocks 10 damage per fight, then a con point is 10x better. But if a con point costs 100 and a strength point only costs 1, you're getting more for your gold buying the 10 damage for 1 gold than buying 100 for 100 gold.

Armor tends to sort itself out in mages, since they can only reduce 10% damage it's easy to get a high enough armor rating for even the highest level enemy without even trying. Concentrate on equipment with high int (or con) and the armor score will come close to working out on its own.

Comment

Cool thanks!

Awesome sounds good! Thanks for the help!

Comment

I agree in part with what rocco said. the 10/10/5/1/1 is fine I tend to tell ppl 4/4/2/1/1. Yes the 2 off stats are a little more important then in the past since now when you increase stats it also increases those stats for your companions which in turn help with tower and shadow world.

As for gear for normal items go int only mages don't get the hp the other 2 classes get and rely more on high dmg. but if you get the choice then 3 stat epic then all stat with normal carrying up the rear.

As for armor yes it works itself out as mages only get 10% but I have found that is the case with all classes so don't worry to much abt armor.
        have fun, fight hard, die honorably

Comment

Thank you very much bobo

Comment

The way i play, i am usually much stronger than others - and i take quests for experience and dont use that best health potion : p
            and its 100% main stat, then 80% endurance,then 30% luck, and then 10% minor stats.
            It works pretty fine.Also, i dont think that Luck is that necessary at higher levels since it´s just easy to have 50% all the time, and if black gems are gonna be there, luck wont really be that needed anymore since everyone will have 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Borb View Post
              The way i play, i am usually much stronger than others - and i take quests for experience and dont use that best health potion : p
              and its 100% main stat, then 80% endurance,then 30% luck, and then 10% minor stats.
              It works pretty fine.Also, i dont think that Luck is that necessary at higher levels since it´s just easy to have 50% all the time, and if black gems are gonna be there, luck wont really be that needed anymore since everyone will have 50%.
              Same here I am lowest lvl in top 10 of HoF on s10 US by at least 12 lvls I use the way I said in my last post and work very well but for me to say my way is the best would be crazy different ways work for different ppl and thanks it is nice to see the different ways that work for others.

I also agree on luck at lower lvls I found a luck of 30-35% is best and as you said as u get into the higher lvls most tend to get their luck to 50% without pots or putting gold into it so yes at some point adjusting is needed.

Also remember the 10/10/5/1/1 and 4/4/2/1/1 are just a base and should be adjusted as needed. have an issue beating warriors add some extra points in str scouts same thing as a mage having issues with mages look at their int and con if u are sorely lacking in one or the other work on that one more.
              have fun, fight hard, die honorably

Comment

Originally posted by bobo baggins View Post
                I agree in part with what rocco said. the 10/10/5/1/1 is fine I tend to tell ppl 4/4/2/1/1. Yes the 2 off stats are a little more important then in the past since now when you increase stats it also increases those stats for your companions which in turn help with tower and shadow world.

As for gear for normal items go int only mages don't get the hp the other 2 classes get and rely more on high dmg. but if you get the choice then 3 stat epic then all stat with normal carrying up the rear.

As for armor yes it works itself out as mages only get 10% but I have found that is the case with all classes so don't worry to much abt armor.
                when was this change implemented ? (off stats giving bonuses to companions)?
                "It's nice to be important,
                but it's more important to be nice"

Comment

Originally posted by hexblot View Post
                  when was this change implemented ? (off stats giving bonuses to companions)?
                  Back in October they made the update where the companions stats are based on your own character stats. However, if bobo is referring to that, I don't understand its relation to off stats: your main stat is the one affecting your companions' main stat.

If I have a mage with 1000 Intelligence (without counting on equipment): my warrior will have 1000 strength, my archer will have 1000 dexterity and my mage will have 1000 intelligence.

The only difference that I see now is when it comes to potions: if you have a mage and take an intelligence potion, that potion will affect your companions´s intelligence (not their main stat).

I know this wasn't too clear, but I hope it was enough to make myself understood

Comment

after some double checking (my character is a mage):
                    - your main stat becomes the companions main alt (warrior strength base = my int base)
                    - your off stats become the companions offstats ( warrior dex = my dex, warrior int = my str )
                    - your luck becomes the companions luck
                    - your con becomes the companions con, unless he is a fighter ( it seems to get a 33% boost )
                    "It's nice to be important,
                    but it's more important to be nice"

Comment

Working...
                    X