Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare pets + time constraints

Hello,

I am currently trying to get my first rare pet (Ninstarr, Shadow 16) and he has proven extremely difficult to get ( 8 unsuccessful tries up to now, in the correct area -Gnarogrim- , and being in top 1000 in all leaderboards for my server ).

I understand it should be difficult, and don't mind working for this pet, however I am wondering if it's going to be this way with pets that are rare and only available for a single day per year, such as Angrack (Shadow 18) which is only available during Friday the 13th. I think it would be VERY frustrating to spend the whole day looking for the pet, doing only short quests and 320 thirst, and finally getting nothing out of it, and have to wait for several months after that.

As you can see in this calendar :

List of dates where Friday falls on the 13th of the month - or any other combination.

there are no more occurences during 2016, and roughly two per year (2016 being a very bad year having only 1).

My question is -- will those time limited pets be guaranteed drops if you are at the correct place and time (since they are extremely time limited, that makes them more than rare), or will we have to deal with the RNG as well ?

Thanks in advance!
    "It's nice to be important,
    but it's more important to be nice"

Yeah, that sounds legit.These pet should have 100% drop, otherwise it would be too annoying as it would be just too dependant on luck.
    Rare pets usually take me like 3-4 tries, and that could be a real pain when it comes to pet that drops only one day.

Comment

come to think of it, this is the same scenario as was with Cannoturtle (Water 17) a couple of weeks back -- did anyone get that one? if so, was it at your first attempt? (if we get 2-3 people saying it was on their first it's probably safe to say this is already there)

Comment

A few germans got him, i do not know how many attempts it took them.

Personally i have found a handfull of the rare pets already on two worlds. Most of them in the first attempt. On one world it took my 2 attempts to get Ninnja and 2 attempts to get the 16. fire pet. All the others droped on the first attempt.

According to developers information relayed by KO771 the chance to get eggs is very high, but not 100%!

Seems you are just very unlucky with this pet.
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

finally found it after 11 attempts so.... apparently yes, I'm extremely unlucky

Comment

A concern

I think that this is a very valid concern. At the weekend it took nearly all day to find Knilight. The first time I got the right zone an item was offered blocking the egg. Thankfully I got it on the second attempt when I was close to finishing my thirst. So I can see the risk of a problem with once a year pets being very real.

Comment

finally got my second rare pet and the odds were better, only 9 attempts to get it at least it only took a single day this time, and about 300 thirst at the point I found it.

At this rate however, it would be impossible for me to get any rare pet in just a single day if were not fully shrooming. Is there ANY mechanism in place to assist with finding pets that are available a single day per year?

Or at least, can we make it so that no pet is given a single day but plus/minus one day? (eg for Angrack (Shadow 18), instead of Friday 13th make it 12th-14th)

That gives ample time (even for non shroomers!) to visit enough times the specified place in order to pretty much guarantee you get the pet if you're really after it.

Comment

Working...
              X