Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blacksmith screen item upgrade hint icon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Blacksmith screen item upgrade hint icon

    Hello,

    since the Blacksmith upgrade, it's been fun gathering resources to upgrade equipment. And while the browser version has been implemented nicely, the mobile version (at least on iOS which I use) uses a silly system where:

    - you go the Blacksmith screen
    - go to the Equipped item subtab
    - you "give" the item to the blacksmith
    - you see what can be done to it (even if it's just to check prices)
    - (optional) you do something to the item

    This gets very tedious when you need to check all of your items!

    Instead of all of that, I would like something super simple in order to KNOW if an item can be upgraded or not with the resources available, so I was thinking: how about, ONLY when you are in the Blacksmith screen, we have a little indicator icon (possibly a green arrow pointing up) overlayed on the items top left corner (or similar)?

    That way, once you go to the Blacksmith screen, switching to your equipped item subtab (or even inventory) you know what can be upgraded at a glance.

    Here's an edited snip (from the browser version, but should give you a gist of what I'm suggesting):

    "It's nice to be important,
    but it's more important to be nice"

    #2
    I like it!

    I have a few people in my guilds who use the app exclusively, and last week I was chatting with one of those people and he mentioned it is such a pain in the butt to do the blacksmith on the app, that he had simply not used the blacksmith, thus missing out on some major stats.

    I think this would help those app players immensely!
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we continue to fly ... ON A BROOMSTICK ... because we are flexible like that.

    Comment


      #3
      Great idea.

      So green arrows are just items that can be "attribute upgraded"?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by rvm1975 View Post
        Great idea.

        So green arrows are just items that can be "attribute upgraded"?
        Yes. Basically just by looking at your profile through the Blacksmith screen, you know what can be updated without checking each item individually.
        "It's nice to be important,
        but it's more important to be nice"

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by hexblot View Post
          Yes. Basically just by looking at your profile through the Blacksmith screen, you know what can be updated without checking each item individually.
          not sure how you can tell just by looking at your profile. I know in browser you have to hoover your cursor over the item to see if it can be upgraded. Reason the thread was started is because you have no cursor to do that on IoS phones and they are saying it is a pain in the butt to see what needs to be upgraded.

          Heck for android I cant even figure out how to do it but for me that is fine as I mainly use the app to start wars and some questing.
          have fun, fight hard, die honorably

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by bobo baggins View Post
            not sure how you can tell just by looking at your profile. I know in browser you have to hoover your cursor over the item to see if it can be upgraded. Reason the thread was started is because you have no cursor to do that on IoS phones and they are saying it is a pain in the butt to see what needs to be upgraded.

            Heck for android I cant even figure out how to do it but for me that is fine as I mainly use the app to start wars and some questing.
            currently, you cannot - not in any platform.

            However, as you already said, in the browser you just go to the Blacksmith screen, and hover over your items to see if they can be upgraded with the resources you have.

            On iOS (I assume Android too), you need to enter the Blacksmith screen, go to your profile tab from there, select an individual item, and "give it to the blacksmith". In order to check all of your items, just in case they are upgradeable, will (seemingly) take forever, hence the suggestion.
            "It's nice to be important,
            but it's more important to be nice"

            Comment


              #7
              lol a misread on my part thought you were saying that we didn't need it. have to love when brain farts hit.
              have fun, fight hard, die honorably

              Comment

              Working...
              X