Individual International Hall of Fame #2 - Calling out Playa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual International Hall of Fame #2 - Calling out Playa

International Hall of Fame at face value brings no worth other than rewarding veterans for sticking with the game for 10 years.

So, in that vein, I'd like to see a 2nd International Hall of Fame which balances the playing field.

Its very simple ...

Take the current International Hall of Fame and divide everything by the age of the character's respective server (in days).

This would bring value (same as it brings now) to the entire playing field, not just those players who joined 10 years ago.
    #1 International Hall of Fame Attained
    1st Complete Arena Manager in the World
    1st Complete Underworld in the World
    1st Complete Fortress in the World
    1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
    1st to find all Pets in the World
    1st Deep Mine Master in the World
    1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
    1st to Gold Pit Level 100 in the World

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements

I understand your point of view, I truly do, but please, for the love of God, enough with the halls of fame!

Comment

I welcome all statistics we can get without building them on our own and would love to see more in this direction. Something like an API to pull the HoF's or other data to a tablecalc would be my dream.

This particular suggestion tho is a neat idea, but has not much more sense than the current, because it clearly favors new servers as players there have reached 300 in almost no time, while players on the old servers needed 2 years once.
      S&F's Tavern - https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

Comment

Originally posted by Acclamator View Post
        I welcome all statistics we can get without building them on our own and would love to see more in this direction. Something like an API to pull the HoF's or other data to a tablecalc would be my dream.

This particular suggestion tho is a neat idea, but has not much more sense than the current, because it clearly favors new servers as players there have reached 300 in almost no time, while players on the old servers needed 2 years once.
        I'm ok with the experience getting divided based the on XP curve

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements

Comment

Hmm, change to xp curve is one thing.

But how do you take into consideration number of added dungeons, pets, weekend events?
          The game has changed considerably and there are more sources of xp and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturu View Post
            Hmm, change to xp curve is one thing.

But how do you take into consideration number of added dungeons, pets, weekend events?
            The game has changed considerably and there are more sources of xp and gold.
            There's no perfect solution, but dividing level by xp curve and stats by age will help even the playing field.

Also, we're talking about the #1 player of each server, so most of them are maximizing their capabilities as much as possible.

It would be a better indicator to drive competition

Comment

The problem is that: is way too hard to be implemented! I already thought about some kind of "weekly ranking" (long time ago) based on everyone's xp gained during that particular week. However, each level has different values for the average xp got in each mission. Playa would need to have in consideration so many variables in order to make this a reality.

Obs - Here i'm talking about everything: quests, dungeons, pets, etc etc, not just quests as you refer.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                The problem is that: is way too hard to be implemented!
                This is exactly why I'm calling out the devs ... a challenge

Your opinion is appreciated and noted, and now I ask that Leander submit the suggestion.

Comment

It's difficult. The game was quite slow some years ago. It took months to level up but now everything's faster with pets, the Twister and other content. Just take a look how fast players reach level 200 on new servers.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Leander View Post
                    It's difficult. The game was quite slow some years ago. It took months to level up but now everything's faster with pets, the Twister and other content. Just take a look how fast players reach level 200 on new servers.
                    Its also difficult to make it to the top of the International Hall of Fame if you haven't been playing the game for 10 years.

So ... I suggest getting rid of it entirely since there's no benefit or reward and no way to balance the playing field.

Comment

I understand your point but removing what is already in the game is not a wise move. It doesn't hurt anybody if it remains in the game and other players like it or at lest they prefer the current version to no comparison at all.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by BMWGuinness View Post
                        Its also difficult to make it to the top of the International Hall of Fame if you haven't been playing the game for 10 years.

So ... I suggest getting rid of it entirely since there's no benefit or reward and no way to balance the playing field.
                        Originally posted by Leander View Post
                        I understand your point but removing what is already in the game is not a wise move. It doesn't hurt anybody if it remains in the game and other players like it or at lest they prefer the current version to no comparison at all.
                        BMWGuiness so meaby if it can't be removed look at my idea of Additional awards for achievements for low levels here

Comment

Working...
                        X