Any Board Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Board Games?

Anyone remember the good old days when Board games were cool?
    Remember spending hours and hours playing monopoly with the family,

Or when i spent too much money on warhammer >.<
    haha were good old times/
    these days its all online even card games!

Well, obviously not all is online, since nobody is playing here in the RPG-section
    I rather play some DnD with a bunch of friends at a table than online.
    sigpic

Comment

Its so much better. its the environment, Its great . i love tabletop games cause its up to ur imagination

Comment

..."when board games were cool"? Board games are cool. I love both board and computer games. Board games are more social and less "staring at a screen all day long"-like, computer games are more atmospheric (graphics, effects, music).

Some games we play: Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, Pillars of the Earth, Agricola, RoboRally, Talisman, Dungeon Twister...I even bought HeroQuest (Master Edition) and two expansions off Ebay...and have the warhammer box "Battle for Skull Pass". A friend of mine has a huge Vampire Counts army and a smaller Orcs & Goblins army.

I'm currently making up special rules to brush up HeroQuest.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Whats this hero quest u speak of. Good?

Comment

Ehm, you don't know HeroQuest? How old are you? HeroQuest is the mother of Warhammer Fantasy so to say. HeroQuest was released in 1989/90 by MB in cooperation with Games Workshop. HeroQuest -> Warhammer Fantasy.
            Space Crusade was a similar board game with a scifi theme...which later became Warhammer 40k. The rules are light though...one plays the evil dungeon master, the other players play the heroes (HeroQuest) or space marines (Space Crusade). There are different monsters, traps, treasures, quests and expansions. These games cannot be compared to Warhammer, the rules are light as said before. Children can play it. It's just rolling dice to move, attack and defend and drawing cards.

HEROQUEST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeroQuest

SPACE CRUSADE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Crusade

Comment

Originally posted by Zathy View Post
              I rather play some DnD with a bunch of friends at a table than online.
              I can remember back in the 80s, when I wasn't in school or playing soccer my friends & I would hide in my basement for days rolling dice and scribbling down characters. My favorite was a little mage that I named Yoda.
              Melting faces and hearts one at a time.

Comment

I love Thunderstone, a card game similar to Dominion but with a fantasy/dungeon theme. It is beyond great! You can also play it online for free:

www.yucata.de

Comment

"Ludo"...

And....

Settlers of Catan

Sorry for big size...
                  Last edited by krvavizub; 2 February 2012, 07:35 PM.
                  Life must be a terrible crime, because otherwise we would not get him for the death penalty.

Comment

I love chess , its a mind trayner and its fun ^^
                    FAQ +++ Search Function
                    DEFEATING DUNGEON 150/150 !!! CHECK IT OUT !!!

Comment

AD&amp;D

Long time AD&D player.
                      From 1993 until present i've DM'd mostly and played a few PC's during the years.
                      It's hard to beat a good table top RPG.

Hero Quest was my favourite board game RPG until recent when i discovered the board game Zombies!

Comment

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS THE BEST !
                        FAQ +++ Search Function
                        DEFEATING DUNGEON 150/150 !!! CHECK IT OUT !!!

Comment

Ahhh I used to LOVE Heroquest... played it for HOURS, I had Advanced Heroquest and Space Marine as well, they were fun....

Hmmmm..... s'cuse me, just checking ebay...

Comment

Space Marine? Do you mean Space Hulk or Space Quest? The AHQ concept is quite nice, it even has random quests for games without a dungeon master (or solo play).

I have Warhammer Fantasy, too - the goblins and dwarves starter set, a couple of other minis (wood elves, old lizard men) and a new lizard men battalion box, an old blood and a stegadon. I'm currently building them.

Comment

Munchkins is fun with a few beers... *yay* I found the boots of butt kicking!

Played WarHammer, preferred Blood Bowl however...

Living in the middle of nowhere, so no tabletop games to be found here... have to wait for my son to grow up a bit more, then we'll see

There's also a downloadable printable version of X-Com, the original one... Haven't convinced anyone to play that with me yet...
                              Last edited by Ctrl_Alt_Delete_F4; 21 September 2016, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X