Do you own a console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you own a console?

Do you own a console? I love games but didn't have a console until...today because I normally play on the PC. Today I bought a Gamecube. The Wii is too expensive at the moment and I don't need its fancy functions but I do love the Super Mario characters. They are so cute, although I'm already 30 years old. I bought Mario Kart Double Dash, Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Smash Football (Super Mario Strikers) and Mario Party 4.

Yoshi and Toad are my favourites.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

I have a SNES and a PSone, but i play most often on the PC. Consoles don´t have many point and click adventures, and these are my favourite.
    sigpic

Comment

I used to play on the SNES a lot with friends but never had one myself. Point and click adventures are great, I love playing them with my girlfriend. Day of the Tentacle, Black Mirror, Machinarium, Siberia 2, Agatha Christie-series...you?

Comment

Yes Day of the Tentacle was great, also the Monkey Island series. The longest Journey was nice, Nibiru or Geheimakte Tunguska. I really love Myst (although I don´t know anyone else who likes these games). At the moment I play Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsene Lupine.
        sigpic

Comment

My girlfriend played Ni:Bi:Ru and both Geheimakte games. We have plenty of such games here. Sherlock Holmes - The Golden Earring, Arsene Lupin, Jack the Ripper...I don´t like Sherlock Holmes much though as you have to answer a lot of questions...

Myst is great, I solved all the riddles and puzzles without any help...only the mine ride was horrible...I got lost again and again so I looked the solution up.
          We also almost finished Riven (got almost to the end, then we gave up)...Myst 3 - Exile was beautiful, too, especially the rollercoaster ride. Over the last months, we have played Myst IV...Myst V is still in its box and untouched.
          Myst is a great series but some riddles are very hard and we often lack patience and cannot get into the right mood because of lack of time etc.

Comment

I play mostoften without sound, you can imagine how long it took me, to get any success at the beginning in Myth *giggle*.
            I can´t remember for sure, but I think Riven was too hard in some points. Exile was grant. Although it also took me ages to solve it. I am not a fan of walkthroughs. I don´t need to buy a riddle-game when I look the answers up.
            I like the Sherlock Holmes series because you have to see and listen so closely to everything, to answer all the questions. But at the moment i would rather play Lupin than Holmes, I just like his storys (books and films).
            sigpic

Comment

Without sound? Why? The sound and music in Myst are very good and also important. The game´s riddles are often a comibination of sounds, symbols and colors.

And even if it´s not Myst - the music adds to the atmosphere of a game. I wouldn´t play one without it.

Comment

Yes, now I know that too
                But most videogames have terrible music, so i mute them right from the beginning. I rather listen to a CD while playing.

Okay there are a lot of RPGs with a good soundtrack, but I don´t play those because of my small netbook, which is my only PC and all the fancy games with a lot of graphic don´t run at all, or only do a very poor performance.
                Last edited by Zathy; 21 September 2010, 12:26 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I see.

Comment

Nintendo FTW!
                    I have almost all common Nintendo consoles (except the SNES )
                    All the Mario games are awesome (I never play as Mario ) !!!

Comment

You can still buy an SNES. Retro stores still sell it (or Ebay).

Comment

I could buy one in a 2nd hand electronics store in Switzerland but I'm in another country atm, so I guess I'll play the newer Nintendo consoles until then but they somehow don't give me that nostalgia feeling, although the Wii is 4 years old now. :g:

Comment

The good thing is that video games become cheaper in some months. If a good game is expensive and you can wait for one year, you will get it cheap then.

Over the last weeks I have bought a lot of Gamecube games. All in all, I have 12 games now. I also bought games that I play with friends only at weekends (and not often)...12€ are ok but I wouldn´t have spent the original price back then (60€).

My latest additions are Mortal Kombat: Deception (NTSC version ordered from the US), Mario Power Tennis and Day of Reckoning 2 (wrestling).

Comment

Working...
                          X