Elemental damage and armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elemental damage and armor

In my understanding elemental damage should ignore armor.

But after 100 fights with warrior on same boss I can say that elemental damage is plain %% bonus to final calculation.

Any thoughts / ideas?

I think that elemental damage doesn't ignore armor. It's just additonal damage to your main damage.

Comment

it's just extra 60% dmg which can be reduced to extra 15% with resists.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceroth View Post
        it's just extra 60% dmg which can be reduced to extra 15% with resists.
        for mage - yes
        for rest of classes with physical damage / armor it is less then 60%

Comment

nope, sorry it's still 60%(15%).

a warrior without bonus dmg deals 100 dmg and enemy armor now reduces this to 50 (50%).

a warrior with elemental dmg will now deal 160 dmg and 80 after 50% armor. in both cases it's 60% more dmg. (;

math is magic, belive it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ceroth View Post
            nope, sorry it's still 60%(15%).

a warrior without bonus dmg deals 100 dmg and enemy armor now reduces this to 50 (50%).

a warrior with elemental dmg will now deal 160 dmg and 80 after 50% armor. in both cases it's 60% more dmg. (;

math is magic, belive it!
            but if elemental damage ignores armor damage should be
            100 (reduced by enemy armor) + 60 = 50 + 60 = 110

but anyway my toon is mage and I like your way of thinking

Comment

if elemental damage would ignore armor, it would break the balance between classes, so it doesn't and balance stays fine. =P

like for warrior you deal 110 now that's DOUBLE the damage bonus(120%) you should do while as a mage you merely get the 60% bonus.
              Last edited by Ceroth; 1 November 2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

"Hint: Elemental damage is percentual damage based on your normal damage and elemental resistance reduces the elemental damage from runes percentually.

For example, if you deal 100k damage in a fight round and your weapon has a +10% fire damage rune, your total damage is 110k. Now your opponent's resistance comes into play. Let's assume he/she has a total of 15% fire resistance. Your opponent suffers 100k damage from your normal damage but only 85% of your fire damage because of his/her fire resistance of 15%. Therefore, you deal a total damage of 108,500 hit points (of course further reduced by his/her armor).

Therefore, your elemental damage is NOT neutralized if the opponent's resistance has a higher value than your elemental damage!"
                Community and Social Media Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
                Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

Comment

Working...
                X