No announcement yet.

HD graphics, slow browser version, black screen, loading mushroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't you play the Steam version? Because you do not like Steam? The version has a far better performance.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

Excuse me Leander, i spend money on this game since 2010, i'm a loyal player and customer, i'm giving back to the shakes community my time taking the role of moderator in the italian community and on some different unofficial groupchats since i love the game and the people here.

Never in 10 years i felt so disrespected or attacked. Should i copy-translate-paste your messages to the guys that on a daily base ask me for more info? Since the first time i told them that you suggested to use steam version instead of giving some details on a future fix I got back words I prefer not to report here (dont wanna get banned), this time i was hoping for a better reply.

We stayed more than a whole year without updates or new content since you needed time for rewriting the game from scratch for the 3.0 and that was okay.
      What is not okay is that now you say that all the devs work is basically useless.

And most importantly I dont need to explain here why i can not download steam on my pc. This is not a problem/bug affecting only me. There are way more players than you think out there struggling with the game. We would just like to know more and if it's not possible just tell us "we dont know how to fix it" and that's fine (not really, but still).

Or at least tell us if we are going to be able to play the birthday update please

Comment

Sorry for upsetting you. It wasn't my attention. However, the Steam version has a better performance than the browser version and I'd recommend it to everyone. We are sorry for the performance problems in the browser version, but it is tricky as it is due to the new Unity version.

We need some more time to improve it, especially as we are busy with the upcoming birthday update.

Comment

Originally posted by Gully View Post

Or at least tell us if we are going to be able to play the birthday update please
          APPARENTLY NOT.

What are we supposed to do now in order to play?

Comment

We are sorry! The Unity update is different more performance-heavy. It wasn't possible to release the update in two versions, one for the current version, one for the old and faster one.

Please play the Android, iOS or Steam version in the meantime.

Comment

just to put this in perspective:
              I just had a weekend off and watched old-time TV on my laptop (generally I just use cable or chromecast). Full HD signal resized to various size window. The cpu and gpu consumption was significantly lower than a more or less static view of s&f...

Comment

Originally posted by Leander View Post
                We are sorry! The Unity update is different more performance-heavy. It wasn't possible to release the update in two versions, one for the current version, one for the old and faster one.

Please play the Android, iOS or Steam version in the meantime.
                Do you know more or less how much time?

It's a huge handicap now being able to play on my laptop

Comment

I don't know, sorry. Does the game work on your phone? It's not the code of the game, but rather the engine. Unity changed a lot and we have to find out how to improve the performance. There's a light version of Unity available as well, mostly for simpler 2D games and not 3D AAA ones...but we would have to change a lot or create features from scratch.

I know that the browser version is slow at the moment. Personally, I play the Steam version at the moment as the performance of the browser version is not as good as it was some months ago.

Comment

I can play on the phone, but playing at 100% on more server + managing several guilds it's very much time consuming if done on smartphones

Comment

What about Steam?

Comment

We don't need a fix, any kind of backdoor link to play with sd graphics is more than enough while devs take all the time needed for a proper fix

Comment

Small update, today a guy playing shakes for the past 10.5 years decided to delete his account since he can't play the update and the browser version (the only one he can play) is not available anymore.

That's a pitty playa prefer releasing new servers every months and doesn't care about people that spent a lot of money here in the past 11 years

Comment

We are well aware..we already contacted Unity some time ago and waiting for a solution. It is not a bug we can fix as they provide the engine whose current version reduces the performance of the game. We cannot switch back to the old version as the last two updates were coded in the new Unity version and we cannot start from scratch either.

The URL codes "version=test" and "version=old" no longer make sense as a lot has been changed. Switching to low-res graphics in-game should work now, too.

As a workaround, you can only play the Steam version (it is fast), the Android app or iOS app. Playing the game in a private incognito tab in Firefox or Chrome also improves everyting (RAM consumption, CPU etc.).

Comment

Is TV currently showing on Steam version? If still not then that should be enough of a reason to not use it.

Comment

TV is not working on Steam version, and it never will (as it is against Steam policy afaik).
                                Eat & Sleep & Find a bug & Repeat :rider:
                                [COLOR="Cyan"][B]S&F's Tavern[/B][/COLOR] - [url]https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3[/url]
                                [COLOR="LightGreen"][B]SFTools[/B][/COLOR] - [url]https://sftools.mar21.eu[/url]
                                [S][COLOR="Orange"][B]Clash of Empires[/B][/COLOR] - [url]https://discord.gg/avHFnd5[/url][/S]

Comment

Working...
                                X