Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD graphics, slow browser version, black screen, loading mushroom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by bobslej View Post
    Is TV currently showing on Steam version? If still not then that should be enough of a reason to not use it.
    Valve does not allow ads.
    Community and Social Media Manager

    Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
    Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

    Comment


      #77
      any news about this problem?
      firefox now seems to not use so mch ram, but my laptop still heats a lot when shakes is open, but if i close shakes it doesnt heat any more

      Comment


        #78
        Some posts above I replied:

        We are well aware..we already contacted Unity some time ago and waiting for a solution. It is not a bug we can fix as they provide the engine whose current version reduces the performance of the game. We cannot switch back to the old version as the last two updates were coded in the new Unity version and we cannot start from scratch either.

        The URL codes "version=test" and "version=old" no longer make sense as a lot has been changed. Switching to low-res graphics in-game should work now, too.

        As a workaround, you can only play the Steam version (it is fast), the Android app or iOS app. Playing the game in a private incognito tab in Firefox or Chrome also improves everyting (RAM consumption, CPU etc.).
        Community and Social Media Manager

        Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
        Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

        Comment


          #79
          PS According to some players on Discord, the game runs better in Opera. Give it a try!
          Community and Social Media Manager

          Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
          Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

          Comment


            #80
            An everyday larger part of the community thinks that Playa plans to stop supporting the browser part of the game in order to focus 100% on phone apps and steam.

            Leander, can you tell us if there is some truth is these words?

            A lot of players use shakes to relax once they get home after a day of work and they just wanna chill at the pc forgetting about the phone and without having to switch to never used before browsers for slightly (if any) better performances.

            Other people play from their workplace and therefore they can't use the phone or install steam.

            I don't have the numbers, but i reckon that a huge part of the older community is on this same wavelength, before other players that spent more than 10 years on this game quit, can we have some news? Some info? Some reassurances? Do playa even care?


            PS. a lot of Mac users have OS Catalina installed, this prevent 32-bits game to run on steam. Or, in other words, it runs but slower than the already slower browser version

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by Leander View Post
              PS According to some players on Discord, the game runs better in Opera. Give it a try!
              It still sucks big time.
              Character selection screen takes 20% CPU and 40% GPU. Whether it is Playa or Unity that dont care, or are completely incompetent, I dont know. But it has been going on for too long to make me believe that "we are looking into it"

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Gully View Post
                An everyday larger part of the community thinks that Playa plans to stop supporting the browser part of the game in order to focus 100% on phone apps and steam.

                Leander, can you tell us if there is some truth is these words?
                No, there are definitely no plans to discontinue the browser version!

                Unity is the problem. The latest version does not work well with S&F. We already tested older versions and workarounds. We are still looking for a solution.

                PS The memory consumption in the task manager is not always correct. You can use the debug tools of Chrome:
                Last edited by Leander; 7 July 2020, 03:47 PM.
                Community and Social Media Manager

                Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
                Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Leander View Post

                  PS The memory consumption in the task manager is not always correct. You can use the debug tools of Chrome:

                  Honestly i can't care less if the memory consumption displayed is wrong by some % points, if my pc that i use to work and on which i run pretty heavy programs overheats and slows for a browser game there is something wrong going on.


                  Playa just doesn't care about the player experience. We can se it from the bugs that still are present in the game after many updates. Let's see how many more months will it take to finally have a solution.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    yep.
                    i cant leave shakes open and do something else basicly
                    shakes alone on chrome, firefox, opera, whatever, just starts to overheat my pc in a few minutes... this a browser game.... this is not acceptable

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by bl4ckwoolf View Post
                      yep.
                      i cant leave shakes open and do something else basicly
                      shakes alone on chrome, firefox, opera, whatever, just starts to overheat my pc in a few minutes... this a browser game.... this is not acceptable
                      Yep, so if someone wants to play "the normal game" without shrooming the happy hour or spending hourglasses it's practically impossible.

                      Also i wanna highlight that a lot of Mac users have OS Catalina installed, this prevent 32-bits game to run on steam. Or, in other words, it runs but slower than the already slower browser version.

                      So, at the moment there are NOT options to play on pc for those that have this kind of problems. Not steam, not a browser, not an incognito mode.


                      @Leander are there any news? Can we have some official communication beside "we have been looking into it for the past 3 months and half" ??

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Did you try the Android or IOS app?
                        Community and Social Media Manager

                        Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
                        Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

                        Comment


                          #87
                          There is an entire community pointing to the moon, and you, Leander, are looking at our finger.


                          There are 9 pages of discussion here, discussions on the other forums, on discord, on telegram, on all the other social network accounts. There are daily reports to the support.
                          About what? About the COMPUTER version not working, neither browser or steam (for mac users with catalina OS).

                          Obviously the apps do work, if they weren't working you would already have lost 100% of your playerbase and begging via e-mail to come back playing offering 111 . Also the game would have been coded from scratch in one night.
                          The alternative would have been Playa bankruptcy.

                          Moreover there are players that don't even have a smartphone but still spent thousands of euros on this game in the past 11 years, and they are going to leave the game. here an example: https://forum.sfgame.it/showpost.php...3&postcount=25

                          Comment


                            #88
                            I know, but what do you expect me to post? It is a matter of fact that the game's performance is not as good as it used to be due to the latest Unity version. The last updates have been coded using the latest Unity version...so there is no step back...we have to make many adjustments to the latest Unity version...and already contacted them weeks ago, but it's impossible to change three settings and the performance will be great again.

                            If it was easy we would have fixed it within days!

                            We do not know what to change to improve the performance again...and there's no quick list how the old Unity and latest Unity versions differ. All we know and see is that the performance is not good generally speaking and a couple of users cannot play the game at all.

                            All I can do is talk to the team and keep pointing out that the current situation of some browser players is unacceptable. Still, the coders cannot push a button and everything's fine again. It takes time to find the reason why the game hardly runs on some computers. The problem is in the engine. We only use it to create the game, but did not code the engine.
                            Last edited by Leander; 10 July 2020, 08:54 PM.
                            Community and Social Media Manager

                            Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
                            Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Just the login screen where there is one clock counting down city guard (as only "moving" graphics") takes 40% GPU and 20% CPU on a decent laptop. It doesnt sound like a hard one to probe? I mean, nothing (almost) should happen on that screen? Anything using resources here is a problem. Fix this first; maybe it is the same problem when the game is on too.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Leander View Post
                                I know, but what do you expect me to post? It is a matter of fact that the game's performance is not as good as it used to be due to the latest Unity version. The last updates have been coded using the latest Unity version...so there is no step back...we have to make many adjustments to the latest Unity version...and already contacted them weeks ago, but it's impossible to change three settings and the performance will be great again.

                                If it was easy we would have fixed it within days!

                                We do not know what to change to improve the performance again...and there's no quick list how the old Unity and latest Unity versions differ. All we know and see is that the performance is not good generally speaking and a couple of users cannot play the game at all.

                                All I can do is talk to the team and keep pointing out that the current situation of some browser players is unacceptable. Still, the coders cannot push a button and everything's fine again. It takes time to find the reason why the game hardly runs on some computers. The problem is in the engine. We only use it to create the game, but did not code the engine.

                                thats true, but leander you know what is true too?
                                this wouldnt happen if playa tested updates before releasing them, there are no tests no nothing, thats why the game is full of bugs, full of problems of performance etc, because you guys do it, and release to official servers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X