Christmas Update - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Update - Discussion Thread

Christmas Update - Official Discussion Thread!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Do we know what is the new cap for gem mine and gold pit?

Overall it seems a nice update', nothing special, just some hype for the Guild Pet.

Comment

Gem Mine: no limit
      Gold Pit: 225

Comment

The update will contain a new guild mechanic. Guild donations will be completely removed! The achievement “Big Spender” will be changed later!

Now every guild starts with room for 50 members!
        Guild fights now cost 100 gold (the player who declares the fight pays the fee) while raids now cost 10k gold (the player who starts the raid pays the fee). Same for the catapult…you load it with your own mushrooms.

Here’s how the new guild mechanic works:

Every player adds his/her personal skill points to your guild total. These points count towards one of the two upgrades (gold or XP) and can be upgraded by clicking the + icon. The maximum is 500.

(new screenshot, refresh the page so it shows 1-10)

Every player upgrades the total by clicking the + icon and spending his/her gold and mushrooms. The maximum is 500.
        The skill points of all players are added, resulting in the group skill.
        Divide the group skill by 5 to get the percental bonus of the instructor or treasure.
        If a player leaves the guild his/her personal points are gone.

Changes to current guilds: your guild bank (gold and mushrooms) will be split into equal parts among members, rounding up!

We've added this new mechanic to deal with cheaters who create many illegal multis at server launch and donate gold to their guild. Now cheaters are either forced to leave the multis in the guild and we can find and lock them (and punish the guild) or they have to leave but lose their skill points and no longer have an advantage for cheating.
        Last edited by Leander; 17 December 2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Seems a nice update with a little surprise at the end (guild pets for 2019). If we get new pets (and not shadow ones), it will be a great update and I want to congratulate Playa Games for it! Also I'm really curious how the new pets mechanics will work

Overall 2018 has been a good year, two new dungeons (there's no more room for another dungeons, so I would like to believe that the next dungeons-related update will focus on a new 'world), the new remastered version... hope to see more big updates (like guild pets) in 2019

About the new guild mechanics, I didn't quite understand how that works - will the max upgrades still be 200%? And you say that the guild donations will be completely removed - but then you mention "by clicking the + icon and spending his/her gold and mushrooms."

By the way, when can we expect the new dungeon to be live on old servers?

EDIT: I'd like to suggest you that in upcoming festive occasions (like Christmas and SFGame birthday) where we have all events up, you would also add the black friday event into it (only black gems).
          Last edited by Apollo; 17 December 2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

What about the current guild bonuses? Will they be lost and we will have to upgrade them with the new skill points ?

Comment

Cost of the new bonuses

So ok, the new guild mechanic will deal with the cheaters, but besides this, it will be muuuuuuch more cost to upgrade the guild bonuses to the max.

Now, it costs 1660 mushrooms to upgrade each bonus to maximum. In the future it will be 5000 shrooms, because you have to click on it 500 times --> 500x10=5000.

Although you don't have to spend on the fortress, it will the double amount of shrooms to upgrade to max, since it was 3x1660=4980 shrooms, and in the future it will be 10000 shrooms.

Consequently, it would be expedient to reduce the cost of clicking from 10 to 5 shrooms.

EDIT: all spent mushrooms and gold (of course max 10M.) should be paid back to those who donated them.
              Last edited by bloodbound; 17 December 2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

The changes to Treasury and Instructor are big and done without research.

I think this is a terrible change. In many guilds there are a lot of f2p players. I played in a couple of guilds and most shrooms for upgrades came from several members only.

Now people will be recruited based on spent shrooms.

Comment

How does this affect guilds who have already Maxed to 50 and completed all necessary guild raids/monsters?
                  #1 International Hall of Fame Attained
                  1st Complete Arena Manager in the World
                  1st Complete Underworld in the World
                  1st Complete Fortress in the World
                  1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
                  1st to find all Pets in the World
                  1st Deep Mine Master in the World
                  1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
                  1st to Gold Pit Level 100 in the World

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements

Comment

So I at this point (and just recently as well) donated 100$ worth of mushrooms into my own guild. I expect those will be refunded, so I can use them to upgrade my personal bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by Rivale View Post
                      So I at this point (and just recently as well) donated 100$ worth of mushrooms into my own guild. I expect those will be refunded, so I can use them to upgrade my personal bonus?
                      nope, it will be spread out among your guild mates

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showpos...88&postcount=4

Changes to current guilds: your guild bank (gold and mushrooms) will be split into equal parts among members, rounding up!

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements

Comment

Gold and mushrooms have been stuck in the guild bank for months and years. While gold could be used for fights and raids, mushrooms were lost unless you want to load the mushroom catapult.

Now mushrooms stored in the guild bank will be split equally among guild members. If you have 50 members and there are 300 mushrooms in your guild bank, every member receives 6 mushrooms.

A guild is maxed out with 500 group points (guild) and 500 points for raids (50 raids x 10 points). For the normal 500 guild points a guild with 50 members needs 10 points per player.

If your guild is maxed out and you leave the the guild, you leave your guild with 20 skill points (1000 group points / 50 players = 20 points per player).

If you donated a ton of to your old guild and decide to leave, you can only take the 20 points with you and not more. However, with the old system changing guilds left you with nothing to take with you...you had to donate mushrooms to your first guild, then donate from scratch when joining guild 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Leander View Post
                          Gold and mushrooms have been stuck in the guild bank for months and years. While gold could be used for fights and raids, mushrooms were lost unless you want to load the mushroom catapult.

Now mushrooms stored in the guild bank will be split equally among guild members. If you have 50 members and there are 300 mushrooms in your guild bank, every member receives 6 mushrooms.

A guild is maxed out with 500 group points (guild) and 500 points for raids (50 raids x 10 points). For the normal 500 guild points a guild with 50 members needs 10 points per player.

If your guild is maxed out and you leave the the guild, you leave your guild with 20 skill points (1000 group points / 50 players = 20 points per player).

If you donated a ton of to your old guild and decide to leave, you can only take the 20 points with you and not more. However, with the old system changing guilds left you with nothing to take with you...you had to donate mushrooms to your first guild, then donate from scratch when joining guild 2.
                          So if you're in a guild that is maxed out, and then leave for a guild that is not maxed out, how does your 20 points apply to the new guild?

Comment

Idc about the measely 40-50 mushrooms we still have in our bank. What I care about are the 5000 mushrooms I and another valued member of my guild singlehandedly donated recently to afford the status of a 'fully upgraded guild'.
                            What you're currently doing and independent of what might be written in your tos is a scam.

If you proceed as you've written you're going to conciously nullify every single one of your loyal players p2w progress and force them to repay to regain it.

You've been keeping count of who donated how many mushrooms and admitted to the amount of mushrooms used for mushroom catapults as being neglectable since 'mushrooms have been stuck in the bank'.
                            As such while keeping in mind that uncounted mushrooms could not be returned - further equalising the distribution - it should not pose any issues to simply refund all players their mushrooms back into their personal inventories.

Comment

Originally posted by Leander View Post

First I would like to ask is: is there a limit for a person regarding the skill points? For example: can I have 50 skill points or max 20?

If so, there will not be any (almost) maxed out guilds. How can I max out the guild, if there is someone who don't buy ? We can not oblige them to buy any.

Second: wouldn't it be more easy and fair to give back the mushrooms and gold to the players who donated them and remove the existing bank?

Why would someone get any mushrooms and gold, who have not donated any? The other player donated 1000 and get back 20 (if it is still in the bank)? Really?

Comment

Working...
                              X