Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or are berserkers beyond overpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or are berserkers beyond overpowered?

Hello,

I'm new to the game so I might not understand the mechanics correctly. I'm just wondering if berserkers are working as intended where they can string their hits together over and over again? If you check the leaderboards on w32 its all berserkers being leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else.

I thought berserker skill would work like this:
    Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
    Round 2: Opponent attacks
    Round 3: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
    Round 4: Opponent attacks

But it seams its more like:
    Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again (repeat until fail the roll)

Which leads the the berserkar attacking even 4 times a round. If there is no limit to it, then a berserker can literally oneshot any enemy no mather the level difference as long as they can get lucky enough with their rolls.

If this is true, then what point is there to play any class besides berserker on a new server? Sure mages do 100% damage to them but doesnt really mather when they can just string hits together and kill you anyway even if they are lower level and less geared.

As I said, I have no experience with the game besides w32 so I might be missing some mechanic or things changing later in the game.

Originally posted by Flun View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the game so I might not understand the mechanics correctly. I'm just wondering if berserkers are working as intended where they can string their hits together over and over again? If you check the leaderboards on w32 its all berserkers being leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else.

I thought berserker skill would work like this:
    Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
    Round 2: Opponent attacks
    Round 3: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
    Round 4: Opponent attacks

But it seams its more like:
    Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again (repeat until fail the roll)

Which leads the the berserkar attacking even 4 times a round. If there is no limit to it, then a berserker can literally oneshot any enemy no mather the level difference as long as they can get lucky enough with their rolls.

If this is true, then what point is there to play any class besides berserker on a new server? Sure mages do 100% damage to them but doesnt really mather when they can just string hits together and kill you anyway even if they are lower level and less geared.

As I said, I have no experience with the game besides w32 so I might be missing some mechanic or things changing later in the game.
    A guild mate got attacked by a berserker which chained 13 attacks in a row on him. They are a bit overpowered yes, but they are mostly a P2W class. If you don't use mushrooms they are not a big deal, no better than other classes. I suspect they made them so that they can make more money on new servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumidee View Post
      A guild mate got attacked by a berserker which chained 13 attacks in a row on him. They are a bit overpowered yes, but they are mostly a P2W class. If you don't use mushrooms they are not a big deal, no better than other classes. I suspect they made them so that they can make more money on new servers.
      Might be due to my lack of knowledge of the game, but even as a mage I try to avoid them even if they are lower level then me due to them just swinging so much that the extra damage I do to them is inferior to their extra swings. It might change at higher levels with more crit and stuff. Just feels like whoever coded them made a mistake in the amount of attacks they get.

A class that has the potential to dish out infinite damage (as long as you win the coinflip) should go back to the drawing board.

Comment

Might be due to my lack of knowledge of the game, but even as a mage I try to avoid them even if they are lower level then me due to them just swinging so much that the extra damage I do to them is inferior to their extra swings. It might change at higher levels with more crit and stuff. Just feels like whoever coded them made a mistake in the amount of attacks they get.

A class that has the potential to dish out infinite damage (as long as you win the coinflip) should go back to the drawing board.
        Every subsequent attack should be 5% lower chance I think, that way it's not possible to chain as many attacks as is now.

Comment

Well guys, it's the same for hunters.

They can chain infinite attacks since they dont fight against mages

Comment

Originally posted by Lumidee View Post
            Every subsequent attack should be 5% lower chance I think, that way it's not possible to chain as many attacks as is now.
            I would say even lower, maybe even 10%. That would leave the maximum of possible attacks at:

1st @ 100%
            2nd @ 50%
            3rd @ 40%
            4th @ 30%
            5th @ 20%
            6th @ 10%

Thats still a possible of 6 attacks in one round which is still massive.

Originally posted by Gully View Post
            Not really the same, in PvP you at least get to TRY and attack. Technically against a PvE mob its the same with infinite dodges. Could easily be changed by modifying dodge and make it scale negatively if you fight something with higher levels so if you are facing something higher then you, then you would lose some dodge chance. How much? No idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Gully View Post

It's the worst for hunters/scouts...
              At least mages have an advantage over them & warriors can have great HP...

The number of attacks that can be repeated should be reduced, not the chance.
              If you reduce the chance it wouldn't change it that much...
              Look at the crit. hit chance when you have more luck or less luck @ lower levels, it still depends on chance & sometimes enemies with a smaller crit. chance than you could land more crits, even with a smaller level....

Comment

Having a 50% chance to keep dodging or 50% to keep attacking, I don't see the difference

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                  Having a 50% chance to keep dodging or 50% to keep attacking, I don't see the difference
                  I will explain it then. Take a mage for example:

Hunter tries to dodge, hunter fails and get blasted to the face
                  Berserker attacks 7 times in a row, mage get instakilled without attacking once.

Also there is a difference in the feeling of the player (for me at least). If you face a berserker and he just attacks until you are dead without you even attacking..or if you actually get to attack and felt you lost due to unlucky dodges instead of not swinging at all.

Comment

That's whey berserkers receive double damage from mages.

Comment

That's whey berserkers receive double damage from mages.
                      That doesnt mather one bit when all the beserkers are way higher level then everyone else. The difference between the top mage (level 92) and the top berserker (level 229) on w32 is so huge that it doesnt mather if he did 300% damage.

On older server it probably isnt bad since people could level before the berserkers came out. But on new servers its basically - Be a berserker or be behind.

Comment

That doesnt mather one bit when all the beserkers are way higher level then everyone else. The difference between the top mage (level 92) and the top berserker (level 229) on w32 is so huge that it doesnt mather if he did 300% damage.

On older server it probably isnt bad since people could level before the berserkers came out. But on new servers its basically - Be a berserker or be behind.
                        Scouts used to be the same before assassins even came out. So, what's the veredict? Scouts < berserkers, or they are both equal?

Comment

Scouts used to be the same before assassins even came out. So, what's the veredict? Scouts < berserkers, or they are both equal?
                          As I said, I'm new so I dont have experience how it was pre-berserkers or how it is at higher levels so I might be wrong when I say this.

To me, on paper berserkers seem better. Dodge has a weakness, cant dodge mages. Extra attacks have no weakness. Either you do an extra attack or you dont.

How does it change at higher levels? I dont know. But on new servers, this game is a two class game. Either you do scouts and rely on dodge or you do berserkers and rely on extra attacks. Picked another class? Sorry you lost and cant compete.

Do I think they will ever change this? No I dont, but its kind of a bad look for a new player like me when you see so gross unbalance between classes and its basically ignored.

Basically even if you spend a billion mushrooms on a class that is not one of the "choosen ones". You cant compete.

Comment

That's not true, and once you play enough time you'll see it. At high-levels, usually warriors are the best classes (PvP). Also, concerning scouts, I've seen mages literally 1-shot scouts (just take a look at the international HoF fights, you'll find plenty of fights like that) at high levels. Berserkers and scouts are the best classes early game, no doubts about that. But does it make them the best classes overall? I don't think so. In my honest opinion, every class is balanced if we're talking about every aspect of the game (pvp and dungeons)

Comment

That's not true, and once you play enough time you'll see it. At high-levels, usually warriors are the best classes (PvP). Also, concerning scouts, I've seen mages literally 1-shot scouts (just take a look at the international HoF fights, you'll find plenty of fights like that) at high levels. Berserkers and scouts are the best classes early game, no doubts about that. But does it make them the best classes overall? I don't think so. In my honest opinion, every class is balanced if we're talking about every aspect of the game (pvp and dungeons)
                              Thats why I said my opinion is that of a new player. On w32, berserkers dominate with no competition. I am curious though, how do you catch up to them? Like they are over 100 levels ahead, wont they just get increasingly more exp/gold due to their higher level?

As I said, I'm a new player so have no experience outside of starting on w32. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Comment

Working...
                              X