Official Birthday Update Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leander View Post
    You can find them only from Saturday to 30 June.

Yes, it's in the manual. Level 222 and access to tower required. If you meet these requirements, you can find the key in your gem mine.

The arena is free only every 10 minutes, regardless of your opponents.
    yes its open..Im in my 380..
    IT OPENED after I went an MINED..not before.
    Not the Arena.. hall of fame. would be nice NOT to have the 10minute clock on it.. then would have a chance to get the Other 1000+ itrems I didnt get when you introduced the scrap book..

Comment

No, it wouldnt be nice. If opponent will choose you then he will farm you all day all night.

Comment

There will also be special offers during the birthday event and all events at the same time.

According to Facebook, the surprises are:

1. Fight famous YouTubers in the new Continuous Loop of Idols dungeon
        2. Find 10 new epic birthday items (until end of June only)
        3. Collect 10 new, insane Achievements
        4. The Scrapbook has finally been completed
        5. Three fantastic deals for the Wheel of Fortune (available until June 23)
        6. Be bewitched by Fidget’s redesigned Magic Shop (remastered version only)
        7. Fight 100 repainted enemies (remastered version only)
        8. Change the appearance of your epic items at the Smithy (remastered version only)
        9. Find the "Real Holy Grail" in the mine (level 85+) to see what scrapbook items you haven't collected yet (Remastered version only)
        10. Every event will be active at once from June 21 to 23: More experience, more epic items (from level 50), more Gold, more Rarity Bundles, and 20% more mushrooms from the Mushroom Dealer!
        SURPRISE the 10 surprises are mainly a joke expect maybe #'s 1 and 5.
        2 new epics meh; 3 new achievements yuck; 4scrapbook definently could have done without; 6 a remade shop that not a surprise that is just a sad add in to make a round number; 7 same for his one as the last one just sad very very sad; 8 meh ; 9 not sure on this as not sure what it does if what scroll over says is what it does then that what hourglass is for skipping quests. 10 we get that a couple times a year so meh. if added more to it like multiple drops like for example fruit and items on same quest as well and or free 320 thirst for all. then it would be good. but nope didnt get it so it get a meh.
        have fun, fight hard, die honorably

Comment

Yes, it's in the manual. Level 222 and access to tower required.
          There is an error in the manual, instead of level 222 it says level 2222.

Comment

Originally posted by katastrofeas View Post
            There is an error in the manual, instead of level 222 it says level 2222.
            Oh wow! Corrected, thank you!
            Community and Social Media Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
            Community Discord server: https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3

Comment

Originally posted by Pomurnik View Post
              No, it wouldnt be nice. If opponent will choose you then he will farm you all day all night.
              ????
              Are you talking of letting people use the Hall of Fame??
              there are some restrictions to it.
              And people HAVE farmed me. the main thing is you cant/couldnt hit anyone passed 50 +/- levels away and get anything. they get EXP.. Arena you can loose abit more.. I think they could only hit you ?? times per day. And if anything, you could talk to your clan and Hit him all day long..

Comment

As I said some days ago, the birthday update isn't the only one in the entire year.

The game is only 10 years old. It does not necessarily mean there will be the most awesome update ever. I understand that you would have expected more though.
                Just to finish this subject (at least from me), I think the update itself is not the main problem in here, we're upset because every single time we get an 'update' is not anything big and you always say something like "maybe next time we get something better!" Of course, we know it's not your fault, but we are sick of waiting and waiting and waiting, just so that everytime we get an announcement about some update coming we get, once again, disappointed.

Comment

Usually the biggest update of the year never happens in summer. The last somewhat big update that happened in summer was the demon portal in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by ECAsh View Post
                    even if you used the 3000, at 10 beers per day, would only be 1 month.
                    That is about 10 months

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                      Just to finish this subject (at least from me), I think the update itself is not the main problem in here, we're upset because every single time we get an 'update' is not anything big and you always say something like "maybe next time we get something better!" Of course, we know it's not your fault, but we are sick of waiting and waiting and waiting, just so that everytime we get an announcement about some update coming we get, once again, disappointed.
                      I will add my 2 cents. The problem here, in my opinion, is that it actually was advertised as a big update. But why has that happened? Due to other problems we have been complaining about for a long time.
                      a) We hardly ever get any information about next updates until the day before.
                      b) We never hear what the devs are working on next, what are their plans.

So why was it advertised as a big update?
                      a) Big surprises. You cannot say that 10 new things will come, when the only new feature is a dungeon that is incredibly poorly balanced (topic for another day).
                      Other than that, new album items? Well, if I cared about the game, maybe, but if there's nothing new coming to the game I just don't feel the need to spend hours searching for items in this game when there are no new features that interest me. New album items would be great when fortress was introduced, or underworld, or pets. When those updates happened, people actually were here and played a lot. Now? Not really.
                      For me, the best thing about the new update is that the dungeon fights get saved automatically when you win. And that is quite frankly sad, when it's an update to celebrate the 10th aniversay (it should have been a huge update, I feel)
                      b) The community was informed an entire MONTH before! How are we not supposed to get hyped when it's the first time in years we get any info earlier than the day before? We are back at the problems above the picture, you cannot keep your community blind, then make a big announcement and expect the players to not expect a lot

What can be done to fix it?
                      The update is already done, it cannot be undone. But things can be improved. For example, devs must say "Next update is planned this year" or "Next update will happen at the beginning of 2020" (we DON'T need exact ETAs, so don't worry!). But it has to happen NOW. Players all around the world are disappointed with this update, and if you don't do anything to remedy it, we will be disappointed next update too. So start already making us know what is to come.

Comment

I'll give my 2 cents ...

Any update Playa releases I'm happy with ... always a little new content here and there ... I don't ever have high expectations so sometimes I'm happy with new content and others I'm really happy with new content.

Previously, updates were VERY buggy and then it would take weeks or months to resolve them.

Now, updates are not very buggy and issues are typically resolved in a timely fashion.

Also, I like that Playa has expanded the Scrapbook to include all items.

The dungeon is neat, its a new dungeon with content coming from a different angle.

You have to remember, Playa went through a Front End Overhaul and an Acquisition.

At the end of the day my favorite NEW feature is the Holy Grail (wonderful for newer players) and my favorite REQUESTED feature is the ability to mine gold after Pit 25.

Leander,

Here is my suggestion ...

For future content updates ... Provide the German and International Forums with 3 ideas ... and let the players decide which ones they want. If Playa comes up with the ideas (which will ALWAYS be revenue driven) and allows the players to decide, perhaps meeting halfway with tweaks etc. then I think everyone will be more satisfied.
                        #1 International Hall of Fame Attained
                        1st Complete Arena Manager in the World
                        1st Complete Underworld in the World
                        1st Complete Fortress in the World
                        1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
                        1st to find all Pets in the World
                        1st Deep Mine Master in the World
                        1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
                        1st to Gold Pit Level 100 in the World

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements

Comment

Has anyone managed to find the 10 new epic birthday items?

Can you show them?

Comment

I'm a player myself and play a lot on Steam...I understand that you are disappointed but you also have to understand that there are certain marketing reasons behind announcement posts. "10 big surprises" sounds nice and "big" is relative. "Get ready for 10 stupid surprises nobody will like" won't be posted by ANY company.

We had to focus on Remastered and coding and designing everything from scrath. Future updates will focus on content again.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Dont you understand, that false marketing is the main reason why people are disappointed? Usually when you are teased for something big/amazing/awesome, you also expect to get it. And when you dont, what is the result? You are disappointed. For example if I would be promised amazing food in restaurant and then I get barely eatable s**t, I would probably never visit that restaurant again. And the same can happen with the game.

I completely understand neccesity of finishing remastered version, leading into delaying content updates. But please, be just honest with announcements and dont make us fools. And no, you dont need to announce 10 stupid surprises, that statement was not fair from you.

As was told many times last few years, biggest problem of PG are not updates but form of communication.

Comment

It is not false marketing. "Big" is relative. We added a new dungeon, new epics, finally completed the scrabook and had a ton of fixes and changes. I know it is not a "big" update with major content but something nonetheless.

The misunderstanding was that "10 year anniversary" sounds like something big worth celebrating or nevern been there before but actually it just means the game got older. And yes, I understand all of you who had higher expectations. I will talk to the team and forward some suggestions how to promote and announce an update. Something like "birthday update" instead of "birthday update with 10 big surprises".

Hope you will be content with our next update!

Comment

Working...
                                X