X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanagon
    replied
    Originally posted by mar21 View Post
    Toileted weapons do not give back resources from upgrades. So you would only get gem back and that's it. (Same applies to dismantling those, you just get the base materials)
    that is a rather weird situation. And realized that rather late, was not aware that using shadow-world weapons (which are in a way toileted) and upgraded a shadow-world weapon to x10 and now I basically lost all mats for upgrading it which is close to 100k of each type of mat.

Makes little sense to me why weapons find themselves in this situation though.

Too bad I didn't initiate this discussion sooner to not upgrade that staff yesterday

Leave a comment:

• mar21
    replied
    What did you mean with toiletted weapon though? throwing something in the toilet only affects the gold you would receive for it, not the mats for dismantling.
    Toileted weapons do not give back resources from upgrades. So you would only get gem back and that's it. (Same applies to dismantling those, you just get the base materials)

Leave a comment:

• Thanagon
    replied
    Ye I got that part.

Just wanted the rest confirmed.

Cool thx for the answers.

Leave a comment:

• PziCrow
    replied
    You don't get the same amount of mats from extracting, as you do when dismantling, only the mats you spent to upgrade. So if you want to earn mats, dismantle. If you really want the gem back and a ok with "only" getting back the mats you spent, extract the gem.

Leave a comment:

• Thanagon
    replied
    I see,

So at the end of the calculation, I get Gem back and Mats for dismantling item for the cost of XYZ Materials/shrooms which the transaction applies, and the item itself.

What did you mean with toiletted weapon though? throwing something in the toilet only affects the gold you would receive for it, not the mats for dismantling.

Leave a comment:

• mar21
    replied
    You get the materials back (unless it's toiletted weapon).

The only difference between normal dismantling and gem extraction is that you get the gem back. Everything else stays the same.

Leave a comment:

• Thanagon
    started a topic Gem Extraction Function

Gem Extraction Function

Hey there,

Trying to figure out exactly what happens during a gem extraction.

I understand that if you want to take a gem out of an item you can pay either some forge materials or 10 shrooms to get the gem out meanwhile the item is destroyed.

My dilemma in the whole matter is: "What happens with the materials used to update the item's stats?"
    If the item was upgraded x10 for example you will have paid into it a range of a few tens of thousand metal and arcane shards. Do you get these back when the item is destroyed in the process of gem extraction or are these materials also lost?

Considering that you'd lose these materials and would have to pay another XYZ amount of materials to extract the gem plus the fact that you lose the item seems like you lose waaaaaay more than what you bargained for. I understand that some of the big black gems are hard to find but at the same time epics are also really hard to find to dismantle into forging materials.
Working...
X