Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrie
    replied
    When my goldmine is upgrading, I still can collect my money.
    So both gold pit and jewel mine can be used while upgrading.

Leave a comment:

• Lanzer
    replied
    Long history short
    1 gem mine: it doesnt matter u can mine and upgrade at same time by level 25
    2 gold pit: the pit gives (level% of an hour city guard) just upgrade it to 25 and wait till DEVs let us grab gold and upgrade at same time

Leave a comment:

• Mardera
    replied
    On my server building a Gem mine is very easy))
    My Guild was one of the first started to level up mults for Fortress atacks. Every evening is fun: guilds LightOfHeaven, TORNADO and mine are raiding each other fortresses and poor noobs for resorces true PvP

Leave a comment:

• Acclamator
    replied
    The goldmine is a bit tricky, it makes no sense to upgrade it from the information currently available, as it needs more than 9 years to upgrade and an additional ~250 days to amortisize, as mentioned. But as we have discussed in the german forum you should propably upgrade it anyway because we don't know what upgrades playa will bring in the future that influence it or even depend on it.

With the gem mine you should search as less gems as possible because there will always be one that does and therefore will shake you off otherwise. On higher levels you don't depend on slightly better gems, so there is no need to search gems for your entire equipment every few levels. Of cause this is only true if you don't have resource problems.

Leave a comment:

• Strider
    replied
    My server is 487

Leave a comment:

• Arturu
    replied
    On my server highest level is 513.
    I can keep upgrades rolling non stop plus throw in some Keeper upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• Strider
    replied
    I appreciate this thread, but realistically how long is it taking everyone to upgrade each level of the gold pit? I'd assume its 20-30 days depending on the age of your server. Wouldn't the delta (5-15 days) also account for the payback into those 240 days?
    Last edited by Strider; 7 January 2019, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slasker
    replied
    Thank you, Arturu.
    You are right and now I come to the same conclusion. If we dont count the 10 million for each upgrade, the payback time going from level 16 to 17 is 240 days. Going from 16 to 18 is 255, from 16 to 19 270 etc. So it is only the additional 15 days for each added level. It makes it far more digestible, although there is no clear answer on what will be the best strategy. Of course, it depends on for when you try to maximize the the gold (and thereby stats).

Leave a comment:

• Arturu
    replied
    I don't think it's that simple.

I recently upgraded to level 17.
    I gained almost 36k gold / hour.
    If I would start gathering now I would regain lost 15 days of gold mining within 240 days.
    However if I will get another 36k gold then I will regain those 30 days in also 240 days.

So it all depends on wether the numbers change on higher levels and how long you intend to play, which is hard to say ofc.

It is also worth pointing out you lose out 1.37 points of stats daily, while building. It's really not that much.
    And wasting a litlle over 200 days would allow you to earn 2.5 stat points per day.

Leave a comment:

• slasker
    replied
    OK - upgrading Gold Pit from level 16 to level 17 gave me an extra 6,25% (=1/16)
    I guess that the extra % is linear (?). So it looks like this in my view:

gold/hour = (gold pit lvl)*(character level dependent base number - which is unknown to me)

There is no difference in the time it takes to upgrade the pit (15 days) or the cost of the upgrade (max souls + 10 mill gold).
    The 10 millions in gold is a variable, when it comes to the payback time (as the base number is level dependent). For my level (495) the math is like this:

Gem mine level 16:
    655,922.2 gold / hour

Gem mine level 17:
    696,917.4 gold / hour

Days for the upgrade: 15 = 360 hours
    Cost of upgrade = 10,000,000

Setting x as the number of hours where staying with gem mine lvl 16 or upgrading to lvl will have paid the same back:

x*655,922.2 + 10,000,000 = (x-360)*696,914.4
    <=>
    10,000,000 +360*696,914.4 = x(696,914.4 - 655,922.2)
    <=>
    x=6364 hours = 265 days
    As mentioned above: x will be lower for higher level and higher for lower level characters. It will never get below 6120 (255 days) though.

From the numbers above, there is really no motivation for me to upgrade my gold pit any longer.

Leave a comment:

• rvm1975
    replied
    Originally posted by QeniX View Post
    I did not get even 25% of gold mine after upgrade.
    sorry, you are right ... it does not fill during upgrade

screenshot taken right after the upgrade
    Last edited by rvm1975; 6 January 2019, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tinc
    replied
    Originally posted by slasker View Post
    Interesting, tinc.
    .. it will take me 164 years before breakeven???

Still - I would love to see the formula for the gold payback, including character level and mine level.
    I'll try my best ..

CC = constraction costs
    LM = lost mining
    DAV = daily addad value
    AP = amortization period

LM = gold/h * 24 * 15d
    CC = 10,000,000 + LM

Since the gold pit produces one percent of the city guard yield for one hour per stage and hour, the daily added value after expansion corresponds to one percent of the hourly city guard yield times 24, or 1/15 of the previous yield, since our gold pit had already had stage 15 before expansion.

DAV = gold/h * 24 / 15stages

AP = CC / DAV + 15days

CC = 254,500.16 * 24 * 15d = 91,620,057.6 + 10,000,000 = 101,620,057.6

DAV = 254,500.16 * 24 / 15s = 407,200.25

AP = 101,620,057.6 / 407,200.25 = 249,55 days

For each further expansion stage, 15 days of construction time are added up only.
    Every level up of the char will shorten the amortization period.
    Anything else is speculation. We don't know yet if there is a limited capacity of the gold pit.

Leave a comment:

• QeniX
    replied
    I did not get even 25% of gold mine after upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• rvm1975
    replied
    Originally posted by slasker View Post
    Interesting, tinc.
    Let me see if I understand this correctly:

At your level 400:
    (What you can collect with a level 15 mine in 250 days)
    equals
    (What you can collect with a level 16 mine in 235 days, minus the 10 mill it cost to upgrade the mine)

Is that the case?
    If so, with a payback time of 250 days I really dont see a point of upgrading too much / at all... Tomorrow I will have gold pit 17. If the above is true for my level too (495), I will not start benefiting from these 2 upgrades, until after around 500-2*15=470 more days :-P. If I continue upgrading to stage 255 (spending the full 9 years) it will take me 164 years before breakeven???

Still - I would love to see the formula for the gold payback, including character level and mine level.
    The goldmine fills with gold while building. And after upgrade you may get max gold.

I think we can suggest to increase the max gold with mine level and that potentially will make this mechanic more realistic

Leave a comment:

• slasker
    replied
    Interesting, tinc.
    Let me see if I understand this correctly:

At your level 400:
    (What you can collect with a level 15 mine in 250 days)
    equals
    (What you can collect with a level 16 mine in 235 days, minus the 10 mill it cost to upgrade the mine)

Is that the case?
    If so, with a payback time of 250 days I really dont see a point of upgrading too much / at all... Tomorrow I will have gold pit 17. If the above is true for my level too (495), I will not start benefiting from these 2 upgrades, until after around 500-2*15=470 more days :-P. If I continue upgrading to stage 255 (spending the full 9 years) it will take me 164 years before breakeven???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X