Being able to choose opponent in pet fights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being able to choose opponent in pet fights

You can do so in Arena, Fortress, and Underworld fights. why not in pet fights?
    i always had this suggestion in mind, but this especially become an issue for me as a left the game for a while and came back

a lot of people fed their pets while mine remined the same levels, so a lot of the times my opponent would have pet levels 500+ while my max pet levels are only 190 currently.

i end up losing 4 out of 5 fights everyday, sometimes i lose all 5 fights because of the major level difference (even if a use the counter-type, it's still not enough)
    the game might as well remove the sword icons and instead put a big button that says "click here to lose" cause that's the most common result for me

but enough of my pity rant; perhaps have a button that swaps opponent randomly, and have it be with a cooldown timer
    Last edited by Unleashed; 20 October 2021, 01:09 PM.

yes please!
    "...the last shall be first, and the first, last..."

Comment

Been doing this for a while: when you win, you rank up; when you lose, you rank down; whatever your current rank, the game assigns you an opponent with a similar rank (who CAN be stronger).
      eventually your pets will improve, and your average rank will improve to match.

If we could chose only fights we could be sure to win, that would mean winning against weaker opponents every time, and ranking up would not be justified.

In average, I win 2 out of every 5 daily fights; that seems reasonable to me.
      Last edited by Fafhred; 26 October 2021, 02:45 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Fafhred View Post
        Been doing this for a while: when you win, you rank up; when you lose, you rank down; whatever your current rank, the game assigns you an opponent with a similar rank (who CAN be stronger).
        eventually your pets will improve, and your average rank will improve to match.

If we could chose only fights we could be sure to win, that would mean winning against weaker opponents every time, and ranking up would not be justified.

In average, I win 2 out of every 5 daily fights; that seems reasonable to me.
        But what about the Arena fights? you always choose the opponent weaker than you, it doesn't make sense to choose an opponent that's stronger or the same strength as you (sometimes you might, if both want to compete for the same rank), as that will reduce the chance of you winning
        does that mean all who ranked in Arena battles have unjustified ranks?

player with level 500+ pets shouldn't be the same rank as me anyways, i'm guessing those players have played for years and never or very rarely engaged in pet fights to rank up with, and they just used the fruits from quests to level up the pets
        so now, a late player like me have to suffer from their actions and also wait for years till my pets catch just to be able to have a higher chance of winning

it's the same case where you sometimes find a high ranking player that's in a very low place in the Hall of Fame, it's because they didn't engage in the Arena fights often unlike players with the same level. however the problem is solved by allowing you to choose a different opponent; and low levels wouldn't be stuck for months or years losing to that same high level player
        Last edited by Unleashed; 27 October 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

About arena fights you are incorrect: it offers you the choice (versus no choice for pets) between 3 opponents with similar rank, and it does happen that all are stronger.
          Then you rank down a little, and the next random 3 can have 1 that is weaker.

As for pet levels, each pet is capped at 100, but what you are probably referring to is the sum of levels for the pets in 1 elements. that raises over time.
          I came back to the game a few months ago after several years absence; pets did not exist yet afaik back when I left; even then I had no difficulty raising my pet to roughly 200 levels so far per element; the trick is to figure how to increase you chances to get fruits from quests (explained elsewhere), and maximise that during the event week-ends that give x3 fruits.
          Then you need some patience, as with everything else.

Now, as for 'high ranking player' with a 'very low place in the Hall of Fame', that seems a contradiction, since Hall of Fame IS the ranking...
          You might mean high level player who got ranked down over time; that is typically a result of inactivity; I was very low in the rankings when I came back, but I am now under 900 on my server; just through the 10 duels for XP, per day, everyday.
          For pets, master's inactivity isn't relevant since pets will fight regardless that.

Comment

Working...
          X