Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the weapon shop

Good evening.

My suggestion may be extremely small because it's about a reference but it's important to make the game look more original.

I saw a pokeball or more in the weapon shop and that made me feel your game is less original than other browser games I'm sure a lot of players feel the same because pokeballs are from anime game. I know it's just reference and players can't have pokeballs as weapons but I have suggestion to make your game look more original. Why don't you change the pokeballs into spiked metal balls for morning stars or funny bombs that have smiley faces drawn on them. Because this is a German game not a Japanese anime-based game and I like the unique funny style of your game so I think funny bomb with faces draws on them would be better than pokeballs and would look more original.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ziri; 27 April 2020, 04:29 PM.

If you look at the bosses & items, you'll be able to see that the whole game has lots of references / parodies of other games, etc.
    Eat & Sleep & Find a bug & Repeat :rider:
    [COLOR="Cyan"][B]S&F's Tavern[/B][/COLOR] - [url]https://discord.gg/XWfSwe3[/url]
    [COLOR="LightGreen"][B]SFTools[/B][/COLOR] - [url]https://sftools.mar21.eu[/url]
    [S][COLOR="Orange"][B]Clash of Empires[/B][/COLOR] - [url]https://discord.gg/avHFnd5[/url][/S]

Comment

Originally posted by mar21 View Post
      If you look at the bosses & items, you'll be able to see that the whole game has lots of references / parodies of other games, etc.
      I'm familiar with a lot of references and parodies but pokeballs should be in the magic shop because Shakes sells armors and weapons, when did developers add them to the game? I didn't play this game since 2015. To me, references and parodies of TV shows, English phrases (like the devil's advocate), novels, comics, history.... etc are OK but explicit references of other games like pokeballs makes me feel Shakes and Fidget is not original + if new players saw pokeballs in the weapon shop maybe they will think that there are pokeballs in the game as weapons that can be used.
      Last edited by Ziri; 27 April 2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziri View Post
        makes me feel Shakes and Fidget is not original
        the concept of SF was 'parody on WoW I think.. are parodies original? I guess it's debatable. Personally I don't think one pokeball is an issue, but I am up for any new items

Comment

i dont think it matters to people that much tbh, i cant imagine someone would think a game is unoriginal just because it has one pokeball, especially as it is just for decoration and doesnt affect gameplay
          In my opinion its just a funny easter egg, fitting for a game that's supposed to be a parody

Comment

Working...
          X