Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   General (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official September Update Discussion Thread (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=8237)

Leander 18th September 2019 04:03 PM

Official September Update Discussion Thread

"Next week our big Shakes & Fidget UPDATE awaits you! Get ready to enter big business and manage the arena!

o New feature "Arena Manager" (level 105 required)
o New Rune Enchantments add one of more than 10 new attributes to an item, for example fire damage
o Several optimizations and improvements

https://forum.sfgame.de/ko771/sfstuf...poly_final.jpg

Stay tuned!"

I don't know details yet so please don't ask yet. :) More information next week! :)

Kraggori 18th September 2019 04:26 PM

Interesting

This sounds interesting. I didn't see mention of the birthday deals (max thirst, max wheel, insta-complete quests) which are about to expire (tomorrow for most). Are we to assume this was a one time deal, or perhaps only yearly at Bday time?

Strider 18th September 2019 04:29 PM

I concur it does sound interesting

Also, I like the idea of 2-3 regular updates yearly instead of trying to do "BIG UPDATES" that are just regular.

In this case, without further knowledge, this sounds like a regular sized update, which I'm happy with.

Leander 18th September 2019 05:12 PM

It will have real content and not just a new dungeon. :)

Strider 18th September 2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 57117)
It will have real content and not just a new dungeon. :)

Yes, I imagine you become an "Arena Manager" meaning you are running your own Arena.

This comes with Upgrading the Arena
Hiring and Upgrading Fighters
Fighting against them yourself and with your NPCs
Having Fighters fight their way up the Hall of Fame (similar to Underworld).
Hopefully you can use your Underworld NPCs as fighters in the arena

Enza 18th September 2019 05:42 PM

I have the impression that developers love when I chew their work lol
A suggestion that I posted several months ago on the French forum about elemental damage (to differentiate the character class)
(posts #1, 2 and 10)

http://forum.sfgame.fr/showthread.php?t=15327

katastrofeas 18th September 2019 06:43 PM

It seems that we will finally get a big update with enough content to keep us busy. I hope we get more information in the next days.

Apollo 18th September 2019 06:44 PM

I mean, as long as they are good ideas and the devs implement them, I dont see why anyone would bother about this XD

banexx91 22nd September 2019 03:21 PM

Yeah... After all this years we have real strategy pvp fight

Acclamator 23rd September 2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Yeah... After all this years we have real strategy pvp fight
Do we? With the small information currently available the arena manager does not necessarely have to do with arena or pvp in general. It could aswell be something completely different and I actualy think it is.

Strider 24th September 2019 03:58 PM

http://forum.sfgame.de/images/manual3/Arena.jpg

Shadow Arena aka Arena Manager........................................... ..................^^^^^

Leander 24th September 2019 04:37 PM

No Shadow arena. :)

Strider 24th September 2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 57138)
No Shadow arena. :)

:lol:

Leander, I know KO mentioned he's been allowed to release new information and you and he typically release new info at the same time. Should we expect more information on the update tomorrow?

Leander 24th September 2019 05:26 PM

Yes, we are likely to release more details tomorrow.

rocco 24th September 2019 06:33 PM

Iím hoping for something along the lines of an incremental/idle/clicker game. Buy a trainer to train arena fighters, buy a manager to make trainers, buy a league to make managers, buy an arena to make leagues, etc.

And maaaaaybe the reward could be exponentially increasing gold until all our stats are at 500k :D

Strider 25th September 2019 01:11 PM

As suspected ... you own an arena and expand it.

The more you expand it, the more money (arena currency) you make.

The more money you make, the more runes you can purchase.

The more runes you purchase, the more you have to reset your arena.

Apollo 25th September 2019 01:16 PM

Leander, will the buildings in the arena be visible (like the fortress/underworld) ?
About the runestones, how can we use them? Is their concept similiar to gems, witch enchantments,etc... where you add the bonus to the items?

Leander 25th September 2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocco (Post 57141)
Iím hoping for something along the lines of an incremental/idle/clicker game.

;) :giggle:

Strider 25th September 2019 01:19 PM

Leander, will there be a MAX to rune enchantments, or will they continue to grow and grow and grow?

katastrofeas 25th September 2019 01:20 PM

The offers from the merchant will require mushrooms or you can buy them using arena-money for example?

Strider 25th September 2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katastrofeas (Post 57150)
The offers from the merchant will require mushrooms or you can buy them using arena-money for example?

I'm sure arena currency stays in the arena

Leander 25th September 2019 02:02 PM

The arena manager uses "Money" in contrast to "gold" in the rest of the game. Money stays in the arena manager.

Bonus: I don't know about the limit yet.

Design: The screenshot in the manual shows what the arena manager looks like. There won't be big buildings as in the fortress or underworld though.

Merchant: The merchant sells permanent boosts for different objects for mushrooms. For example, you buy the popcorn stand boost :shroom: and keep it forever.

Apollo 25th September 2019 02:04 PM

- What's the max % in the enchantments we can get? And how many runes do we need to achieve that value?
- Can items with enchantments be thrown into the toiled and, therefore, be used by NPCs (tower) ?
- Can you explain the damage enchantments (fire, cold and lightning) please?

Strider 25th September 2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 57152)
Merchant: The merchant sells permanent boosts for different objects for mushrooms. For example, you buy the popcorn stand boost :shroom: and keep it forever.

So, when you reset your arena, you'll keep your permanent boosts?

Pomurnik 25th September 2019 03:03 PM

Can I use runes for already owned items or have I to obtain a new one?

Kraggori 25th September 2019 04:54 PM

hmm

So after two hours of play, people are already able to obtain +10% bonus enchantments. Can these enchantments all stack?

I can see how this can generate thousands of shrooms for Playa as people cycle the shop trying to build their +GOLD bonus gear, but if it takes someone 2 hours of playing the arena manager to essentially double their quest gold intake, every day becomes a gold weekend day and gold weekends become meaningless. People will hit the 10m gold cap on every single quest. Stats will fly through the roof. I cannot imagine the bonuses after a few weeks.

Are things scaling correctly?

Leander 25th September 2019 05:17 PM

We are still testing things, how quickly money is being generated etc.
I don't know the maximum bonus yet.

Runes are unlocked in the shops. You cannot enchant an item manually (witch or blacksmith). Runes are limited to one rune per item so you cannot find an item with 2 or more of them.

It does not matter if your weapon has fire, lightning or cold damage. It is just added for immersion. Regard it as some kind of bonus damage. If you have a rune with fire damage and your opponent (PvP) has cold resistance, nothing happens. If he has fire resistance, it will be subtracted from your fire damage bonus.

Kraggori 25th September 2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 57159)
We are still testing things, how quickly money is being generated etc.
I don't know the maximum bonus yet.

Runes are unlocked in the shops. You cannot enchant an item manually (witch or blacksmith). Runes are limited to one rune per item so you cannot find an item with 2 or more of them.

It does not matter if your weapon has fire, lightning or cold damage. It is just added for immersion. Regard it as some kind of bonus damage. If you have a rune with fire damage and your opponent (PvP) has cold resistance, nothing happens. If he has fire resistance, it will be subtracted from your fire damage bonus.

I guess my concern, and that of everyone in the Discord channel and all the streamers are that things seem to scale too fast. Even if the bonuses costs increase hugely, the current bonuses after 2 hours are massively game changing. a set of 10 items each with +10% hit points means someone can get double HP, a set of 10 items with +10 damage means someone now does double damage.

A set of 10 items each with +10% gold means double gold intake. At level 519 i already hit 6.3m gold for a 2.5 chunk if i get a 2.5 minute quest. I will hit 10m with a simple 55% bonus and the rest can go to XP. A double XP set is nice, because at level 519 playing for gold I level about every 3-4 weeks. Instead of level 600 being 3 years away, its much closer.

These are bonuses after only a few hours. Imagine people hitting +50% items after a day or so. Yes please, I will take a +500% XP set of gear, and then take it off after I shroom rush my quests and put on my +HP/dmg/resistance set for arena. (dungeons wont matter because all dungeons will already be beat by end of Oktoberfest ).

Edit: Leander I see you mentioned in the Discord that only weapons can have +elemental damage bonus, so that helps mitigate things a tiny bit.

Mads 25th September 2019 05:31 PM

Please add the option to change rune enchantments on items

Apollo 25th September 2019 06:37 PM

I'd like to suggest some new things.

1) Create somekind of 'backpack'. Players (extreme shroomers) will look for different sets which, of course, can't be stored in the inventory.
2) Add some color to the runes' bonus text in the items.
3) Add the gold runes' bonus% to the quests (like tower%)
4) Increase the times of collections, otherwise we'll have to stay 24/7 collecting and upgrading everything, which will make many players to quit.
5) Add the possibility to change the enchantment of an item.

Vanni Travanish 25th September 2019 06:46 PM

How long does the new update take to download? I've been downloading all day.

rvm1975 25th September 2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanni Travanish (Post 57165)
How long does the new update take to download? I've been downloading all day.

https://i.imgur.com/xjl9Z2l.jpg

not that long

Vanni Travanish 25th September 2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvm1975 (Post 57166)

Then how do I get mine to work? I'm accessing via the web page rather than Steam (https://w30.sfgame.net/ to be exact)

Apollo 25th September 2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanni Travanish (Post 57167)
Then how do I get mine to work? I'm accessing via the web page rather than Steam (https://w30.sfgame.net/ to be exact)

"The new content update 3.042 will be live on s1.de soon. All other worlds will receive it later, it is scheduled for tomorrow 16 CEST."

rvm1975 25th September 2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 57169)
"The new content update 3.042 will be live on s1.de soon. All other worlds will receive it later, it is scheduled for tomorrow 16 CEST."

I think we also need server side upgrade as well

https://i.imgur.com/UU9gUG6.jpg

despite 3.042 no new content

Leander 26th September 2019 11:45 AM

Just updated the manual.

Here's the list of runes in the game. They can appear on any item with the exception of damage runes that are restricted to weapons. Runes of the same type add up* and are capped at a certain maximum.

XP for quests, max. +10%
Gold for quests, max. +50%
Chance of epics (shops), max. +50%
Improved item quality, max. 5
Hit points, max. +15%
Fire damage, max. +60%
Cold damage, max. +60%
Lightning damage, max. +60%
Fire resistance, max. +75%
Cold resistance, max. +75%
Lightning resistance, max. +75%
Total resistance, max. +25%

* if your ring has a gold bonus of +10% and your helmet has another +5%, you have a total bonus of +15%.

Strider 26th September 2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 57172)
Just updated the manual.

Here's the list of runes in the game. They can appear on any item with the exception of damage runes that are restricted to weapons. Runes of the same type add up* and are capped at a certain maximum.

XP for quests, max. +10%
Gold for quests, max. +50%
Chance of epics (shops), max. +50%
Improved item quality, max. 5
Hit points, max. +15%
Fire damage, max. +60%
Cold damage, max. +60%
Lightning damage, max. +60%
Fire resistance, max. +75%
Cold resistance, max. +75%
Lightning resistance, max. +75%
Total resistance, max. +25%

* if your ring has a gold bonus of +10% and your helmet has another +5%, you have a total bonus of +15%.

This is great news ... I'm glad there are caps!

slasker 26th September 2019 01:32 PM

yes - the numbers seems pretty high.
So - if you have a ring of +50 and a helmet of another +50%, what would be the total bonus? 100% or whatever the max is (10 / 15 / 50 / 75 ). Basically, what I ask for is whether the max numbers in your list are for the item, or in total.

slasker 26th September 2019 01:38 PM

Just need to read what you wrote :-)

"Runes of the same type add up* and are capped at a certain maximum."

rvm1975 26th September 2019 03:12 PM

16:00 CEST already passed but s1.sfgame.ru still not upgraded

any updates on that?