Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   General (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Halloween Update Discussion Thread (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=5856)

Leander 25th October 2016 05:51 PM

Halloween Update Discussion Thread

The Biggest Update of the Year will be launched on Thursday, October 27th!

+ New Shadow World dungeon: The Twister with 1000 floors

+ New item "Quicksand Glass of Impatience": lets you skip quests

+ HTML5 version

+ In-game Pet Guide: Hover your mouse over a pet to display when and where you can find it

+ More than 50 new epics! :rider:

+ Several further improvements

http://forum.sfgame.de/ko771/sfstuff/Wirbel.jpg

Cronos 25th October 2016 05:59 PM

it sounds nice, but it will be better with a new server ;)

TFO 25th October 2016 06:12 PM

fantastic news, can't wait!!!! ^^

BONESKY 25th October 2016 06:21 PM

Great! Just when I was starting to think that we needed something new in the game. Can't wait! :thumbsup:
Do you know what are the rewards for clearing a floor at The Twister?

banexx91 25th October 2016 08:50 PM

This will be the best Halloween ever...good work S&F team...Nobel prize for you and youre job...
:-)

Arrow 26th October 2016 12:40 PM

Which is the scheduled time for this update?

Kirur 26th October 2016 03:22 PM

Will be the new epics and twister's monsters in the scrapbook?

What about the requirement for the 19th shadow pet: will I finish also the twister to find its egg?

Thk,
Kirur

hexblot 26th October 2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 46058)
The Biggest Update of the Year will be launched on Thursday, October 27th!

+ New Shadow World dungeon: The Twister with 1000 floors

so, basically, Shadow Tower?

Quote:

+ New item "Quicksand Glass of Impatience": lets you skip quests
any idea how that will work? I mean you obviously cannot get it once and skip quests all the time! Does it have a cooldown? Is it a consumable like potions?

Quote:

+ HTML5 version
:rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::rider::beer: !!!FINALLY!!!! :D :D :D

Quote:

+ More than 50 new epics! :rider:
Scrapbook, what happens now?

Overall, CANT WAIT!!!

Magelie 26th October 2016 04:20 PM

Anyone who can't wait for this, definitely needs a Glass of Impatience ;)

Gully 26th October 2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirur (Post 46070)
Will be the new epics and twister's monsters in the scrapbook?

What about the requirement for the 19th shadow pet: will I finish also the twister to find its egg?

Thk,
Kirur

As Leander said here, no, the scrapbook won't change

And, as for the 14th dark dungeon, the twister won't be required to unlock pet #19

slasker 26th October 2016 09:21 PM

When on Thursday will it be launched? Morning, noon, night?

Leander 26th October 2016 09:22 PM

Seems like the new epics aren't just added to the pool of random items and you can find them in all dungeons or in the shops right away but you have to unlock them in the new Twister dungeon first.

For example, you unlock new ones by reaching certain milestones...floor 100, 250, 500 and so on...once unlocked, you can find them anywhere in the game (shops, all dungeons, even as a wheel of fortune prize if you are lucky).

Kisser 26th October 2016 10:07 PM

Can't wait :)

In the twister dungeons do we receive XP for each floor?
And we receive epics from it?

fidget 26th October 2016 11:25 PM

That seems like a really nice update
Can you explain again when will we be able to find the new epics?

bobo baggins 27th October 2016 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidget (Post 46078)
That seems like a really nice update
Can you explain again when will we be able to find the new epics?

If I understand what has been announced is that we can find 50 new epics. How? by clearing a certain number of dungeon in the new twister dungeons. example 50, 100,150 etc...

Will said monsters and epics be added to the scrapbook? At this time no. Will they ever be added? No clue maybe at some time in the future but not at this time and maybe never.

Alvin85 27th October 2016 02:29 AM

Will we get from this dungeon XP or gold ? And do we need a key or something to open the twister ?

KOMA90 27th October 2016 08:37 AM

Any idea when it will be online?

TFO 27th October 2016 08:38 AM

i heard 4PM, i hope not

Leander 27th October 2016 02:14 PM

The Twister

o New dungeon with 1000 floors: fight against random monsters from the Light World

o 50 new epics: First, unlock them in the Twister (rewards for clearing floor 100, 250 etc.), then find, buy or collect them (dungeons, shops, quest rewards...similar to other epics)

o If you completely destroy a monster (you have 90% of your health left), the next attack in the dungeon will be free (no waiting time/mushroom needed)

New Epics

o See above ("The Twister")

o The new epics count towards the scrapbook (your % will slightly go down). The stickers are not saved at the moment but they will be later on (next patch).

Quicksand Glass of Impatience

o Can be bought in magic shop, can be used for skipping quests anytime

o Number of quicksand glasses is shown when a quest is started or by hovering your mouse over your mount (character screen).

HTML5 Version

o Switch between Flash and HTML5 in the game options.

o Please note it is still a beta version! The performance might be slow (especially in Firefox). This version will be further improved!

o Please report bugs only by including your browser, browser version and OS details, for example Google Chrome, version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit), Windows 10 Version 1607 (Build 14393.321)

o The default version is Adobe Flash (if a device has it installed). If not, HTML5 will be automatically loaded.

o Mobile devices: Set your browser to „Show desktop version“. Now you can play the latest version even on a Windows Phone. :)

Android App

o The new Android app will be available within 24-48 hours, including the Flying Tube!

fidget 27th October 2016 03:18 PM

Do we have information on the lvl of the first twister monster?
How do we unlock it?
Are we getting any rewards, or stats improvements?

TFO 27th October 2016 04:18 PM

ok, sounds nice but when?
thursday is almost over...

Gully 27th October 2016 04:20 PM

On s1.de the new version is running.

TFO 27th October 2016 04:26 PM

i dont see the twister anywhere?

Leander 27th October 2016 04:28 PM

The new dungeon can be entered in Shadow World (so you have unlock Shadow World). Rewards? XP, gold, items.

As we had some problems with the update on s1.sfgame.de, it will be delayed and will be released tomorrow.

Gully 27th October 2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 46092)
The new dungeon can be entered in Shadow World (so you have unlock Shadow World). Rewards? XP, gold, items.

As we had some problems with the update on s1.sfgame.de, it will be delayed and will be released tomorrow.

Tomorrow at what time?

16.00 as usual?

TFO 27th October 2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 46092)

oh come on.... :(

Magelie 27th October 2016 05:11 PM

It looks like I have the update (uk2) as the pets now show where to collect them. However, no sign of the Twister dungeon! By "shadow world" do you mean the Shadow Dungeons page? cos I'm definitely in that - currently doing the Shadow version of the Hell dungeon...

Update: it just appeared after a server reset, woohoo! in I go...

Further update: I did the first 3 levels immediately and then it wouldn't allow me to do any more. As in, there's no button to click to enter the dungeon, even if I wanted to pay a shroom. Is this a bug or a feature??

Leander 27th October 2016 05:38 PM

The update is live now!

Ctrl_Alt_Delete_F4 27th October 2016 07:28 PM

I'm having a problem in game, I can't click on players in the guild, or hall of fame, or guilds in the hall of fame...

the cursor is selecting another line, or selecting nothing at all

i tried closing and restarting the game, same thing

anyone else getting this?

Playing on the steam version of the game, no idea if it is flash or html...

EDIT: checked with the guild, they are having the same issues
hall of fame - players: selected my own character when i open, i can only go up and down with the arrows, cant click on players
hall of fame - guilds: clicking, and it is selecting text 4-5 lines above from where i am clicking
guild hall: clicking, and it is selecting a player 15 lines above from where i am clicking

Arrow 28th October 2016 09:09 AM

It is my impression that you can gain the "Quicksand Glass of Impatience" also doing a certain number of missions or something like that.
I haven't bought it yet from the shop but I already have 2 "Quicksand Glass of Impatience" that I can use.

Is it true? Is there any clarification for that?

BONESKY 28th October 2016 09:35 AM

Yeah I have 6 of them, really have no idea how i got them

Shnitel 28th October 2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 46101)
It is my impression that you can gain the "Quicksand Glass of Impatience" also doing a certain number of missions or something like that.
I haven't bought it yet from the shop but I already have 2 "Quicksand Glass of Impatience" that I can use.

Is it true? Is there any clarification for that?

Its true, i got them also from missions, I think its something random with the drop, but also, you can gather them from the magic shop.

hexblot 28th October 2016 11:26 AM

gotta say, the HTML version feels like an early alpha - most of the stuff is either :
- completely crappy looking ( fonts, pet icons, colors )
- buggy (getting kicked out of the game every minute or so)
- painfully slow (takes more than a minute to load!!!!!!!!!!)

this is on a Mac running Chrome.

Arrow 28th October 2016 11:53 AM

It's the same for a Win 10 with all kind of browser

Leander 28th October 2016 01:43 PM

Arrow Yes, you can also find quicksand glasses on quests just like mushrooms.

Crtl-Alt-Delte Is your Steam bug still present in your game? I don't have any problem in the Hall of Fame. The only reported bug I am able to reproduce is that clicking on a player in your guild does not work well...I click on a player and often the player above or below is clicked.

Please only use this thread to discuss balance, gameplay, mechanics etc.!

Please post bugs in the bug section: http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=5859

Arrow 28th October 2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 46107)
Arrow Yes, you can also find quicksand glasses on quests just like mushrooms.

when we gain a mushroom from a mission, is there an icon that inform you about that.
For the quicksand glasses you don't have any warning

Leander 28th October 2016 02:33 PM

Thanks for your suggestion! This item does not replace mushrooms though. You can find a mushroom AND a quicksand glass on the same quest. Maybe the devs chose not to display the glass because the post-quest screen is already filled with a lot of information.

Kisser 31st October 2016 11:23 PM

a question. What is the chance of finding epics in the twister?
Is 25% as the normal dungeon?

bobo baggins 1st November 2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisser (Post 46199)
a question. What is the chance of finding epics in the twister?
Is 25% as the normal dungeon?

well from what has been said by others it could be lower but from my experience I want to say if not the same it is darn close.

hexblot 1st November 2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobo baggins (Post 46202)
well from what has been said by others it could be lower but from my experience I want to say if not the same it is darn close.

you must be one of the lucky ones :) I've received 0 epics after 350 levels of Twister, and guildmates are reporting 1-2 epics / 300 levels.

Some questions about Twister update epics:

- there supposedly are 50 new epics, unlocked at lvl50,100, etc... however that would only give 20 epics (1000/50). Do we know when the epics get unlocked?
- the epics were supposed to count for the scrapbook, however this doesn't seem to be in yet? (No hurries there!)