Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   General (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Guild Update Part 2 & S&F Remastered Part 1 (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7242)

Leander 19th June 2018 12:23 PM

Guild Update Part 2 & S&F Remastered Part 1

Official discussion thread.

Apollo 19th June 2018 12:48 PM

Guild update - international ranking: seems a really good solution to replace the servers fusion! Wouldn't thought about this, well played Playa Games! :) One question though: does only the top1 hero/guild of each COUNTRY fight for the 'international crown', or every top1 hero/guild of each SERVER?

Shakes & Fidget remastered: Nothing to say here, looks like a new and fresh version of the game, can't give my opinion about the graphics because I haven't seen any (besides the link provided of the tavern :P). When will this be released? :)

Don't want to be ungrafetul, but will we have new content besides this awesome-new mechanics? (dungeons, monsters, items, wtv :) )

Don't delete my posts Leander :sf::lol:

EDIT: I recognize that recoding from 0 an entire game is an hard task, and I congratulate Playa for it. But imagine this: what if, instead of taking 1 year and 3 months to design new graphics for the game, they could use that amount of time to create new classes, new dungeons, new portals, whatever it could be...? I think the graphics will be amazing but that's not a priority.

Strider 19th June 2018 03:10 PM

ok so a remaster of existing content and a PVP Hall of Fame for only the #1s

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people lol

so PVP "regardless of Age of Server"

Does this mean s10.sfgame.us #1 could beat s1.sfgame.de #1 even though s1 has been around 4+ years longer and their stats are double?

Arturu 19th June 2018 03:12 PM

I felt this is gonna be bad.

We get another remake of game code - in alpha phase (translation: roughly unplayable).

And a new ranking system that plays by itself.

For me if there's nothing new I can do, it's not an update.

Leander 19th June 2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 52934)
does only the top1 hero/guild of each COUNTRY fight for the 'international crown', or every top1 hero/guild of each SERVER?

Shakes & Fidget remastered: When will this be released? :)

I recognize that recoding from 0 an entire game is an hard task, and I congratulate Playa for it. But imagine this: what if, instead of taking 1 year and 3 months to design new graphics for the game, they could use that amount of time to create new classes, new dungeons, new portals, whatever it could be...? I think the graphics will be amazing but that's not a priority.

1) For every of the 238 servers.
2) Later this year.
3) We know but don't forget there will be another update in fall.

Leander 19th June 2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 52949)
Does this mean s10.sfgame.us #1 could beat s1.sfgame.de #1 even though s1 has been around 4+ years longer and their stats are double?

Yes. It's just about local hall of fames first (who's gonna compete) and level and attributes of the hero or the whole guild later (international rankings).

We know it would have been much better with more guilds and heroes per server but as they are 238 servers worldwide, it would have been too performance-heavy with all the calculations required every day.

Leslie Dunn12 19th June 2018 03:31 PM

I might've misunderstood something... what exactly does this "update" do for me if I'm not top 1 on server or guild? Even better, what would it do even if I was? It's a ranking*, it does exactly nothing.

Just maybe, instead of adding pointless rankings every second day you'd consider linking the update to the previously introduced (and pointless as well, mind you) dungeons?

Honestly, I'd prefer if it was just the whole "redesign" and not a time waster. Highly not impressed especially that people in my guild said they will leave if this update doesn't change anything. Well, it doesn't.

Strider 19th June 2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 52952)
Yes. It's just about local hall of fames first (who's gonna compete) and level and attributes of the hero or the whole guild later (international rankings).

We know it would have been much better with more guilds and heroes per server but as they are 238 servers worldwide, it would have been too performance-heavy with all the calculations required every day.

Will there be rewards for winning battles?

also ... who would win?

8.5 years old

or

4.5 years old

Gerond 19th June 2018 03:43 PM

I am very disappointed. Literally nothing new for me as a player. I don't care about graphics (who the hell cares about 4K in browser clicking game). I don't really care about rankings (which won't even be relevant since I know there are dozens of stronger guilds and hundreds of stronger players in older servers who won't compete in this new system). New guild dungeons still pointless, nothing new to do...looks like another 3 months (at least) of waiting for new content.

(I wouldn't be that disappointed if you didn't promote this "nothing" as biggest update in 3 years)

Leander 19th June 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Dunn12 (Post 52953)
I might've misunderstood something... what exactly does this "update" do for me if I'm not top 1 on server or guild? Even better, what would it do even if I was? It's a ranking*, it does exactly nothing.

I understand that you're disappointed. If you aren't in the top guild/the top hero on your server you don't get anything new. We wanted to add so much more guilds and heroes but it was not possible technically. The update isn't the birthday surprise but S&F Remastered is. The international guild rankings would have been part of the Easter update with the new guild raids but we had to delay it.

High-res graphics don't seem to be that important at first glance but with Adobe Flash already being on the verge of extinction we had to do something about it. Getting rid of a dying Flash base was urgent...and don't forget issues with Flash updates, popup blockers, Flash crashes etc. With S&F Remastered we're on the safe side technically.

Normal game updates will be released later on (the first one this fall).

Apollo 19th June 2018 03:50 PM

I'm sorry but I'm going against what I said in my previous post: I'll be ungrateful and give my full-honest opinion about this.

No, I didn't like the update. I decided to wait till the patch came out and not judge Playa before that, but the truth is that I wasn't excited nor waiting great things when the "biggest surprise" was first announced. Following the last updates, everyone was expecting a failure from Playa Games. Again.

I understand how you thought ranking system could "replace" the servers fusion. And I honestly liked the idea. Yeah, there is a huge time gap between some servers, but I'm okay with that. It means that people who've been playing since 2009 and are still in the top ranking can finally be rewarded for their effort. But what about the other players? Can you imagine rank1 guild from Canada (which is a super inactive server with maybe 2-3 active players) fighting a rank1 guild from a german server? It's a new competitive system but it's unfair at the same time.

And, by the way, is that your definition of one of the two biggest updates of the year? Before the assassin's update, Playa Games said that "the Shakes & Fidget team here at Playa Games is determined to improve everything this year". And what do they give us?

1. New class with same items and abilities AND a new dungeon;
2. International ranking for top1 players/guilds of each server;
3. High-resolution graphics.

Is this what they mean with "determined to improve everything"? COME ON! :wall:

I can already imagine that the "fall update" is going to be the new graphics and some minor thing (maybe shadow pets dungeons? LOL), so I'm not even excited about it. I mean, I already said that if the "biggest update in 3 years" turns out to be a failure, that I'd quit after 8 years - and that's what I'm going to do.

This is probably the first time in 10 years of online-gaming that I saw a company ruin an awesome game. This games has so much potential and yet Playa keeps coming with this type of content. BUT, don't get me wrong, I liked the new-graphics preview! (Wondering if the fortress/underworld buildings will also have new graphics). But it's not a priority! Flash won't go away until maybe 2020, so why not dedicate 1 year and 3 months like you did for the 3.0 version, to create some new content directed for players and/or guilds? I can already imagine a dungeon after 15 months of hard work: new monsters, new mechanics, new rewards, new items. Now, THAT would be SUPER! But hey, f*ck that team, let's focus on some new-wow-hyper graphics!

To finally end this post, I saw this on Facebook and even that I laughed a lot, I also agree with it: "So now we can get bored in high-res graphics? Neat! I am also thrilled."

Arturu 19th June 2018 03:56 PM

Leander, could you please explain something to me?

I thought we already had a non-flash version of the game.
Is this version building on that, or did they remake it from scratch?

kečup 19th June 2018 04:04 PM

that graphic is too simple

Leander 19th June 2018 04:05 PM

Thanks for your honest feedback, Apollo. I understand everything you said...and also found the remark someone posted on Facebook highly amusing ("So now we can get bored in high-res graphics? Neat! I am also thrilled."). :giggle:

However, as replied to Leslie

...we had to do something about Flash. New content will be added in fall and with upcoming updates. I would also have loved new things to do but...
We are fully aware that many of you will be disappointed and angry. As we don't want to seek excuses or beat about the bush we have to take this negative feedback as it is, learn from it, keep working hard on S&F Remastered and make sure to add something good in fall.

Arturu We also had the HTML5 version but it turned out to cause problems. Yes, we completely coded the whole game from scratch! (Unity engine)

Gerond 19th June 2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 52960)
Yes, we completely coded the whole game from scratch! (Unity engine)

That's cool. We understand that this took a lot of time. But this brings basically nothing new to players. I think that everybody would be happier if you said "We are working on code, it takes a lot time, please be patient, updates are coming this fall". No...you went GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST UPDATE IN YEARS.

Leslie Dunn12 19th June 2018 04:20 PM

Your issue as a company is a lack of transparency, that's why a lot of people have negative feedback, well mostly. There are games that provide constant information on what they are* doing, what are the plans for the future and definitely, provide previews of content even a month before it's released.

Tell us what you are planning to do in the fall update, tell us what are the plans for the future like you'd used to.

I obviously understand the importance of graphics and flash dying, which is why I haven't criticized it. What I fail to understand is your attitude with the dungeons which again is a transparency issue - if you are going to link it with something - tell us. If not, increase the experience by some amount, add gold - a chance for something? Anything really.

Tell me, what's the thought process of spending 10m gold for a fight that provides nothing? And also, on higher floors - you aren't guaranteed to win? Passing new guild dungeon should be exciting.

kečup 19th June 2018 04:23 PM

worst thing on those last updates like assasin, sf3 was that hype, you said something like "this is the biggest update in history of sf" and it was "new" class and almost nothing

Arturu 19th June 2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerond (Post 52961)
No...you went GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST UPDATE IN YEARS.

Developers are completely detached from the community.

It's the biggest update for them, because the game will look pretty.
It's nothing for us, because it plays exactly the same.

If.. IF there will be cool animations and art the patch is acceptable. So far it looks like a downgrade since the funny bird heads are gone.

Strider 19th June 2018 04:31 PM

I like the look of the redesign, but I'm hearing its not coming out this weekend ...

International HoF ... will there be any rewards for winning battles?

Leander 19th June 2018 04:33 PM

"Biggest update" does not mean "a lot of content" necessarily. I know it might be misleading. We wanted to say "something that hadn't been done before".

Same for "we have been working on it for over a year now and it will be the biggest change the game has seen in three years!"

You thought this biggest change would be many new changes to the game (gameplay, content, mechanics) but actually it was a complete technical and graphical overhaul.

I'll do my best to forward your feedback, complaints and wishes and hopefully, Playa will come up with a good update in fall!

Leander 19th June 2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 52965)
International HoF ... will there be any rewards for winning battles?

No. Only personal rewards (being proud you are #3 worldwide for example).

Strider 19th June 2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 52966)
hopefully, Playa will come up with a good update in fall!

Coming This Fall

Assassin REMASTERED!

:lol::lol::lol:

Bortas 19th June 2018 05:09 PM

Well, there in not much to tell about this "update", just that I understand neccesarity to improve technical attributes of the game but as was said before, hype promised much more. I just hope, that devs are preparing tons of new content, which is dealyed only from reason that it would be inefficient to create it for both new and old version.

Strider 19th June 2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bortas (Post 52969)
Well, there in not much to tell about this "update", just that I understand neccesarity to improve technical attributes of the game but as was said before, hype promised much more. I just hope, that devs are preparing tons of new content, which is dealyed only from reason that it would be inefficient to create it for both new and old version.

Now THIS makes sense ...

1. International Hall of Fame was SUPPOSED to be an early 2018 release (Easter)
2. International Hall of Fame had issues and was postponed until birthday
3. Remaster was SUPPOSED to be a Birthday release
4. Remaster to be released possibly in 2018
5. Fall content to be released on Remaster Platform

So, I think in this case ... Playa wants to release new updates on the Remastered Platform instead of releasing new updates and then Remastering them ...

The International Hall of Fame was a fluke because it was supposed to be grouped into the Easter Update but couldn't be

I think if Playa explains it this way, people will be more understanding (still not happy)

Bortas 19th June 2018 05:54 PM

If we look to the past it makes sense. After deamon portal update there was almost 15 months without new content because everything was focused to SF 2.0. But after that we got many cool features in quite a short time: fall 2015 - fortress, winter 2015 - shadow world, spring 2016 - pets. All of that were huge updates, every single one of them bigger than everething after them. So lets hope in similar progress in the future and maybe more honest and dignified attitude of PG. I think we deserve at least this.

sharshooter 19th June 2018 06:11 PM

I feel big relife that I have deleted all my accounts :) Good luck guys with this "game" xD

Gully 19th June 2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

I'll do my best to forward your feedback, complaints and wishes and hopefully, Playa will come up with a good update in fall!

This is worrying.

As a guy said before, devs are completely detached from reality.

Why I can not see devs HERE reading what's going on? The whole community is upset.
We have a lot of "small" local communitys that we tried to hype with this biggest update and...?? nothing really happened.

But who cares, let's open a news server and sell tons of shrooms.

I'm so disappointed, after 9 years i'm seriously starting to think about deleteing my accounts.

Apollo 19th June 2018 07:40 PM

Reading some opinions from other players and re-reading my own personal feedback, I finally understood this:

- The graphics change is urgent and there's nothing we can do about it. It's good to have new designs for the game and we understand the emergency to change the game's platform.

- The main "mistake" here made by Playa is their marketing. In case you don't remember, here's a quote from a Playa Games' letter from October 2017:

" we are already planning the next big update that will focus on guilds and is scheduled for the first quarter of 2018. "

So, from this text, I bet that >98% of the players thought that there'd be a huge update with tons of new content (directed to guilds) in the first quarter of 2018. However, here's what we got so far:

- Shadow raids that doesn't give any reward besides SMALL amounts of XP and are SUPER HARD to accomplish;
- International ranking where less than 0.05% of the guilds can be part of.

We can now choose one of the two following options:
-> Playa needs to understand the true meaning of "big update";
-> Playa tries to excite players with the announcements of huge updates coming in but when they finally arrive, they turn out to be a complete failure.

If the second option is the real one, then I'm sorry but Playa Games marketer is a liar that tries to convince players to keep playing at all costs. It's like a football club here in my country: their president keeps saying to the fans "next year we get the cup!" for 16 years now. Is this what you've became, Playa Games?

I think is more than natural to ask for a letter from Playa Games explaining the whole situation, or at least somekind of Q&A with someone from the company. The complaint is major and players are starting to quit.

Best regards.

jack1234 19th June 2018 08:25 PM

Playa failed but..
I don't think this was the supposed guild war update from playa.
They probably have done like that because that was theyr best.
If u think about this war mechanism u realize it's all automatic, u don't have to choose anithing couz system already did (easy for develomper).
maybe they need remastered version for update like server merge.. dunno.

Arturu 19th June 2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

"Biggest update" does not mean "a lot of content" necessarily. I know it might be misleading. We wanted to say "something that hadn't been done before".

No, no and no. I call bs on all of this.

If the big update is the big reveal that you guys are working on the new version of the game, then what was even the point of waiting with it till Birthday?

There's no beta, nothing to see, nothing even to talk about. You could have easily announced that around Easter and there would be no difference at all.

A week ago I said all of this is going wrong and here we are.

Next time don't hold us in anticipation and just straight up say there's gonna be some content, but nothing major.

Spoiler alert: it's just another hall of fame you can't influence in any way.

dfps 19th June 2018 08:40 PM

Well if people stoped investing on new servers , they would rush new things with impact.
Im not saying this update is worthless , i bet it will open doors for future updates , but we can only hope...once again

Selidah 19th June 2018 09:01 PM

I must admit I understand the disappoitment of the community. Probably everyone was expecting something more... useful when "big update" was announced.

Unfortunately, latest updates only made the game more and more annoying. Blacksmith does not work how it is supposed to work, there are still pointless guild raids (and even hardly possible to accomplish), lot of reported bugs are still present in the game yet. ;(

If I were in Utopia, Playa would also do something with rewards from Shadow dungeons and high-level dungeons that are beatable on high levels only. If you can beat down an opponent once in 3 months and you get item with luck statistics, you are about going to freak out. Why you can't lower the chance of getting such item? Community would appreciate it.

Additionally, everybody is complaining about amount of crystals needed for upgrading items. Even though the number of possible upgrades moved up to 20, almost nobody can afford it as there are too many crystals needed.
Why there won't be something like a crystal mine (at least) where we can mine for crystals as we do for gold, ore, wood (and gems)?

It would be awesome.

Kind regards. :sf:

slasker 19th June 2018 10:01 PM

I am in line with most of the disappointed comments in this thread - so no reason to repeat the obvious... At the very least, Playa could have taken some of the suggestions into consideration that have been raised here in the forum; the easy ones to implement, so we got a feeling that something was changing, and that we are being listened to. But - absolutely nothing is coming. Really disappointing.

bydway 19th June 2018 10:09 PM

I fully agree with boys. This update is not useful for us and is a little bit confused. Only what I appreciate is that graphic anything else what is or what's gonna coming is useless for us common players.
Well done Playa another (piiip) update (y)

Gully 19th June 2018 10:32 PM

One last thing.

This so called "update" is really bad even in the guild part. (after the worse guid update ever - 100 "new" raids)

Why?
Because only one guild per server will take part to the new hof.

238 servers are too many?

Well, maybe instead of opening a new server every month just to squeeze to the last penny frustrated players you could have improved old servers keeping alive the competition.

Speed servers were good, 30 days of crazy fun once in a while. This is energy, experienced players competing for a month or so showing to the community who is the best.

What is not good are w25-26-27-28-59-88-100-101 and so on while older servers are dying.

All this feels like a bad joke.

And not even a minor bugfix was announced...

Apollo 19th June 2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 52975)
I think is more than natural to ask for a letter from Playa Games explaining the whole situation, or at least somekind of Q&A with someone from the company. The complaint is major and players are starting to quit.

I thought that only people in the international forum disliked this new update, but after checking other foruns (and abusing Google Translator a bit :D), it's clear that EVERYONE is upset. So, I'd love to focus on the quote above.
Want to hear everyone's opinion about this suggestion and then, if the feedback requires it, ask Leander to contact Playa Games in order to organize a letter and/or a Q&A with the community ;)

Yes, I know this is really serious, but since that it seems like no one from Playa Games reads the forum (sorry if I'm mistaken, but I don't think I am) and in 8 years of SFGame this is the update with the worst feedback ever seen, I think it's time to do something about it.

Gully 19th June 2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 52985)
I thought that only people in the international forum disliked this new update, but after checking other foruns (and abusing Google Translator a bit :D), it's clear that EVERYONE is upset. So, I'd love to focus on the quote above.
Want to hear everyone's opinion about this suggestion and then, if the feedback requires it, ask Leander to contact Playa Games in order to organize a letter and/or a Q&A with the community ;)

Yes, I know this is really serious, but since that it seems like no one from Playa Games reads the forum (sorry if I'm mistaken, but I don't think I am) and in 8 years of SFGame this is the update with the worst feedback ever seen, I think it's time to do something about it.

I think I speak on behalf of the italian community.
We are with you. Not a single neutral or positive comment on the update, not in the guild, not in pm box, not in the forum.

Arturu 19th June 2018 11:26 PM

My god, this is just the worst day ever with this game.

Aside the timing and lack of new content this Shakes and Fidget Remaster announcement just blows my mind.

They go and start working on a new version of the game without taking the time to even think which parts of the game could be improved (not to mention asking for suggestion).

Even the way you choose a quest is so dated. We could get a map with more then three options, maybe some icons on possible loot.
But no, it's clearly the same old system. They probably created most of this crap without changing anything, beside the graphics.

Sersemina 19th June 2018 11:33 PM

Don't be too harsh, guys. I'm a software developer and I feel sorry for the team that worked so hard on the new release. They first tried a pure HTML5 version - it didn't work well. All that effort is thrown away and now they started from scratch using a different technology. The update took a lot of resources and had to be done sooner or later. I am disappointed too that we don't have a lot of new content, but I can wait till autumn. Also, new content often means new mini game inside the game. How many of these do we need? How many of you remember that once we needed to collect the pieces of a broken mirror? So many features, that you lose track at some point. I would be happy if a new update includes new raids (with new monsters of course) or at least fix the rewards for the 100 new raids which are disappointing indeed.

Apollo 20th June 2018 06:12 AM

What makes me sad the most is not the graphics, that's something I was already expecting (we had fortress and Sfgame 2.0 3 years ago, so it could only be one of those types). Is the guild update. I was really boring last autumn and then we all received a letter from Playa Games explaining their future ideas - which included a guild update. That excited me a lot and made me keep playing while waiting for that content!
Then, we get new raids (I mean I don't even know what they have different from the previous ones, it's the same monsters, no more bonuses and crappy rewards). Everyone got disappointed because you literally get anything from it. But then we remembered - hey, we're going to get more guild content in a couple of months. Let's wait while playing the game!
And then, the assassin comes. Everyone got excited and what did we get? A different class-icon. That's it. No items, no abilities, no nothing. Zero new.
But then, we thought - well, this new dungeon is really cool, maybe Playa will come up with something like it for guilds! And we get the great announcent: the guild update that everyone already forgot is finally coming, with the huge update in 3 years!
Hell yeah, let's all keep playing for a few more months till we get that spicy content! And the time arrives, and what did we get yesterday?

- the "huge update" is nothing besides another announcement with an image. Did we really have to wait 3 months just to get an image? Seriously?
- the so awaited guild update: everyone in my guild was excited. And then, BOOM, the great new content is an international ranking!

Can you find the pattern here? Playa keeps promising awesome content that keeps players motivated but at the end is just click bait. And we're sick of it.
We don't mind about new graphics design - bring them! What we are really upset is about all the marketing involved and the lies told so far. I'm sick of it. And you may see - yeah but this new platform will open the doors for awesome content!

From what I've seen the last few months? I don't buy it.