Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   General (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official Guild Pet Update Discussion and Feedback Thread (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7865)

Leander 27th February 2019 02:19 PM

Official Guild Pet Update Discussion and Feedback Thread

Official Guild Pet Update Discussion and Feedback Thread :)

https://forum.sfgame.de/ko771/sfstuff/hydrateaser.jpg

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

The Guild Pet can be found in the fourth tab of the Guild screen. It needs a minimum Level of 100 and can be only chosen by the Guild leader. The Attributes of the Guild Pet are calculated based on the first 25 (not necessarily highest) Guild Members. All Attributes are added up and divided by 25, even if the Guild has fewer Members.
Are attributes manipulated by Members potions?

Quote:

The Guild Pet's nemesis is the dreadful Hydra. Every Guild Member can send the Guild Pet into battle five times a day, with attacks being free once an hour. The damage of all attacks and Guild Members is added up. If the Hydra is defeated, it loses one head and all Members gain a bonus on Daily Missions. On the next day, the Hydra comes back with more heads and is even more dangerous but also gives you a higher bonus if you manage to defeat it again.

In case you do not defeat the Hydra on a day, it also loses a head (and becomes less strong) but your bonus is reduced as well.
Is there a limit to the number of heads the Hydra can have?

Quote:

Hint: Just like Characters, Pets have Classes as well (Warrior, Scout, Mage). In case a Guild mainly consists of a certain class, the Pet should be chosen accordingly for maximum effectiveness. Example: a Guild with mostly Mages should choose a Mage Pet such as Tinck.
Does this mean the guild pets can be chosen from the existing pets of the Guild Leader?

--------

Do bonuses affect the guild pet, or only Attributes and Levels?

Leslie Dunn12 27th February 2019 03:26 PM

As far as I understand - the bonus from Hydra will only affect the mission from the poster (1 quest daily if you're lucky). Given that this is the case, I suggest scrapping it and moving update date to one that will give you time to make it useful. Nobody wants to click 5 times per day and wait 5 hours for this type of a "reward".

Apollo 27th February 2019 03:47 PM

Sounds a good update with a crappy reward - change it. Upgrade the bonus, for example, of gems by x% or whatever.

Leander 27th February 2019 03:49 PM

Yes, as far as I know potions do play a role but don't quote me on that. ;)

The Hydra has up to 19 heads but then turns into a Countless-headed Hydra. There's no limit but it will take a good guild a while to get there anyway.

Yes, the guild leader picks one of HIS/HER pets. The actual pet does not matter, only its class does.

Hint: you can attack the Hydra with any pet once to find out the attribute total of the first 25 guild members, then pick the definite pet accordingly.
Example: 10k strength, 7k dexterity, 15k intelligence -> pick a mage pet as a primary attribute of 15k is much better than a scout pet with only 7k dexterity but 15k intelligence.

Leslie: XP does matter! As the whole game is based on clicking and waiting and you need to wait to complete your pet PvP fights, dungeon fights, the fortress attacks etc. anyway, having time for the Hydra should not be a problem in my opinion. It is a "click, wait and come back later" game anyway.

Leslie Dunn12 27th February 2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 55589)
Leslie: XP does matter! As the whole game is based on clicking and waiting and you need to wait to complete your pet PvP fights, dungeon fights, the fortress attacks etc. anyway, having time for the Hydra should not be a problem in my opinion. It is a "click, wait and come back later" game anyway.

Of course EXP matters, nobody said that it didn't. Only issue being, that if you do confirm that it only affects poster missions (spin the wheel, drink beer, drown artefact in the toilet etc.) you would need to make the numbers really high to make people even slightly bothered about your update. Reason being... the base EXP is low as it is, it's once per day and there are days that you can't complete one.

Basically, the requirements to get the reward are more bothersome than the worth of the reward. I will reserve further criticism until I see the actual numbers but I'm highly sceptical of it.

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 04:02 PM

Reading the German Changelog:

You can only search for gems while upgrading a gem mine AFTER Gem Mine level 25 .... is this correct?

Also, Berzerker Class ... 50% chance to attack again WITH EACH HIT ... is this correct?

Leander 27th February 2019 04:14 PM

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthr...5584#post55584 has the same details:

"Fortress: added option to search for gems while upgrading Gem Mine (Gem Mine level 25 required)"

Yes, theoretically, a Berserker can strike multiple times in a row.

Strike 1, 50% chance for strike 2. If strike 2, 50% chance for strike 3, if strike 3, 50% chance for strike 4 etc.

slasker 27th February 2019 04:34 PM

I am very pleased to see, that you can now search for gems while upgrading the mine :-). I assume the same thing could be adopted for the gold pit eventually.

I dont really care about new classes, but it seems like our companion should change class into a beserker, given he has no shield anyway.

Finally for the guild pet - I look forward to seeing what it will actually mean. I am fine that we have to go in 5 times a day with at least 1 hour distance. I guess you can bypass this using a mushroom as with most other things.

Leander 27th February 2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slasker (Post 55593)
I am fine that we have to go in 5 times a day with at least 1 hour distance. I guess you can bypass this using a mushroom as with most other things.

Yes, of course using mushrooms works too.

Qulala 27th February 2019 04:56 PM

i am glad its just a click 5 times a day thing and you dont have to invest your own money/pet food or anything in it. since its indeed a game you play while doing other things anyway and you have it running in the background.

the reward seems okay for the amount of work it will take, in the beginning maybe even less then 5 clicks if the hydra is easy and you still have to get to right hydra lvl to be a challenge :P

its just a next guild portal, but now you can go there 5 times a day and have a better reward

Leander 27th February 2019 05:39 PM

Guild Pet manual entry:

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showpos...2&postcount=11

Screenshot:
https://forum-int.sfgame.net/images/...n_guildpet.jpg

Just like upgrading your guild, upgrading the guild pet costs :gold: and some :shroom:. As we do not want that current guilds need to spend mushrooms at release, they will get upgrades up to a certain level for free!

The guild pet's maximum level is 600.

rvm1975 27th February 2019 06:45 PM

where is the guild pet in flash version? I can not choose at webgl

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 55596)
Guild Pet manual entry:

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showpos...2&postcount=11

Screenshot:
https://forum-int.sfgame.net/images/...n_guildpet.jpg

Just like upgrading your guild, upgrading the guild pet costs :gold: and some :shroom:. As we do not want that current guilds need to spend mushrooms at release, they will get upgrades up to a certain level for free!

The guild pet's maximum level is 600.

If you switch pets, does the level upgrade stay?

rvm1975 27th February 2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

I am very pleased to see, that you can now search for gems while upgrading the mine :-).

sorry, how to do this?

it is my mine screenshot

https://i.imgur.com/iMRuHJ1.jpg

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvm1975 (Post 55600)
sorry, how to do this?

it is my mine screenshot

Update has not been released yet ... later this week

rvm1975 27th February 2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 55601)
Update has not been released yet ... later this week

ahh, thanks :) also you need mine lvl 25+ to search during building

rvm1975 27th February 2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Finally for the guild pet - I look forward to seeing what it will actually mean. I am fine that we have to go in 5 times a day with at least 1 hour distance. I guess you can bypass this using a mushroom as with most other things.

I really hate such things. Why we supposed to wait 1h ?

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 07:13 PM

Guild Pet Update has been released on s1.de the rest to follow soon as always

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 55599)
If you switch pets, does the level upgrade stay?

The answer is YES according to German Chat

Leander 27th February 2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 55605)
The answer is YES according to German Chat

Yes!

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 08:28 PM

What are the bonuses for defeating Hydra heads?

Kiengaard 27th February 2019 10:11 PM

any pet I try to select this is the error that displays me

https://prnt.sc/mr1b0c

i try it on firefox and chrome

thanks

edit: i've seen now that another thread is open on this issue: https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthr...5597#post55597

BMWGuinness 27th February 2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiengaard (Post 55608)
any pet I try to select this is the error that displays me

https://prnt.sc/mr1b0c

i try it on firefox and chrome

thanks

edit: i've seen now that another thread is open on this issue: https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthr...5597#post55597

Update comes out tomorrow

Arturu 27th February 2019 11:28 PM

Some thoughts:

Big plus that it's a separate system with somewhat new mechanic. The game needs to be diverse.

I don't quite understand why it's a pet thing.
You don't feed it, doesn't work like a pet, doesn't influence or overlap in any way with other pets, so....

..so wouldn't it be simpler to give it a cool new art (possibly changing with levels) and make it an army of Mercenaries? Trained war dogs / beasts? Fanatical cult followers?
Something like that.

Overall this is all nice but I hope Playa is planning some bigger content in the future.
I have to say i seem to be making less and less decisions in the game.

There was planning with Fortress and Underworld but that's finished.
I had to manage inventory with 10k items for Witch ... gone.
and Fruits.... gone.
Now planning for gem mining is going away.

Less and less to think about = boredom.

Leander 27th February 2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 55607)
What are the bonuses for defeating Hydra heads?

An XP bonus on Daily Missions as explained in the manual. ;)

We thought about feeding the pet with fruit or even with metal or arcane resources, maybe even souls but it would have become too complex balance-wise. I agree more innovation would be nice but current mechanics shouldn't be broken or become unbalanced either.

Leander 28th February 2019 04:40 PM

The update will be live on all servers in about 30 minutes.

Escanor 28th February 2019 05:20 PM

Hi everyone
I've just tried this new feat and i have some questions.

Our Guild Pet Started at level 255 and with its first attack dealt 2% damage, now i would like to know if there's a way to see our Guild Pet stats and Hydra stats, so to better choose which pet class to use.

How many hit points Hydra will heal daily? 10%?

BMWGuinness 28th February 2019 05:40 PM

Can you please explain the purpose of spending gold and mushrooms to upgrade the level of the guild pet?

This looks like each player needs to upgrade.

I upgraded mine to 600 and another play reported theirs did not upgrade to 600

Apollo 28th February 2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 55625)
Can you please explain the purpose of spending gold and mushrooms to upgrade the level of the guild pet?

This looks like each player needs to upgrade.

I upgraded mine to 600 and another play reported theirs did not upgrade to 600

Is the cost always the same until level 600, or it goes up?

Leander 28th February 2019 06:13 PM

The guild leader should attack once to see the total of attributes and pick the guild pet accordingly. If the highest attribute is dexterity for example, he/she should pick a scout pet.

The maximum level is the...maximum level possible. Pet level is your contribution...you can upgrade your added pet skill up to the maximum (+1 as it seems)...just like the new guild mechanic with guild skill and personal skill introduced in December!

In my guild on s3.de, the maximum is 384 (the levels of the first 25 guild members are added up and divded by 25 = maximum guild level). Normally, your personal contribution to the guild pet starts at 0. You would have to upgrade your guild pet contribution with gold and mushrooms...from 0 to 10, 80, 200...up to the maximum (384 in this example). HOWEVER, all these upgrades are already active as we did not want you to spend mushrooms and gold. An update such as "Hey, here's the guild pet, now spend your mushrooms" would have been annoying! Therefore, current guild got upgrades up to the maximum FOR FREE, similar to the guild update in December. Newly founded guilds on current or future serveres need to upgrade the guild pet though!

The maximum level is used for fight calculations against the Hydra. Upgrading your personal contribution to 600 does NOT make sense as the pet will still only fight with the current maximum level based on the first 25 guild members (384 in this example!). There's even a popup saying "already maxed out".

Pomurnik 28th February 2019 06:42 PM

Its something wrong with shown time for next guild attack/raid. It shows these actions will be available at 2.28. 18:10 but its 18:41 and it is still unavailable. I think it needs 1 additional hour.

Edit: Yes, at 19.10 attack was available.

Btw. another strange bug:

When our guild is not attacking any other then it shows that we done 81 guild dungeons but when we attack other guild we can see different number (80 in this case).

http://imgurl.pl/img/sfbug_5c782555b5675.jpg

Edit2: Still there is an issue when sometimes you can see wrong members of your guild. When you press guild tab on left side (not in hall of fame) it sometimes shows members of guild attacked by your own guild.

rvm1975 28th February 2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Defeated -> becomes stronger and you get a higher bonus
Not defeated -> becomes less strong and your bonus is decreased
@Leander

Please explain when hydra become "Not defeated".

For example few our guildies did the attacks and we got

https://i.imgur.com/C4AGF8E.jpg

Where we can see current the bonus ?
Where we can see Hydra is "Defeated" or "Nor defeated"
How bonus works exactly ? for all missions for one ?

Leander 28th February 2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvm1975 (Post 55629)
@Leander

Please explain when hydra become "Not defeated".

For example few our guildies did the attacks and we got

https://i.imgur.com/C4AGF8E.jpg

Where we can see current the bonus ?
Where we can see Hydra is "Defeated" or "Nor defeated"
How bonus works exactly ? for all missions for one ?

Normally, you get a certain amount of XP for the daily mission based on your leve. After defeating the One-headed Hydra (and the Two-Headed Hydra is the current opponent) you get +25% more XP....if you defeat the Two-Headed Hydra, you get another +25% bonus and the Three-Headed Hydra is next.

You only face the same Hydra for ONE day. Let's say you face the Six-Headed Hydra...you got a bonus for deafting the One-, Two-, Three-, Four- and Five-headed Hydra. If you do not defeat the Six-headed Hydra today, it turns into the Five-headed Hydra tomorrow...and the bonus will be reduced...as you only defeated the One- up to Four-headed Hydra. :) Sounds complex but it's simple.

PS The bonus on the Daily Mission isn't displayed at the moment but I have suggested a change!

Leslie Dunn12 28th February 2019 08:49 PM

So, what about weekends? You don't get posters on those. When will you change it?

Arturu 28th February 2019 09:45 PM

We need a separate bar for gem mining, while you upgrade the building, but people on German forum probably already asked for that.

As for the Guild pet, our guild master chose the pet. Everything is set. Now it's just like the portal, but you have to click five times (instead of one).

slasker 1st March 2019 12:52 PM

From the manual I have:
"If the Hydra is defeated, it loses one head and all Members gain a bonus on Daily Missions"

How is this to be interpreted?
So the later you do your missions during a day, the higher the bonus? Hopefully, this is not the case.

Leander 1st March 2019 01:04 PM

Theoretically yes but only because good guilds are able to defeat multiple heads of the Hydra as long as it has only few. After some days you are lucky If your guilds defeat one head on that day. You don't race through Hydra Heads. 😊

BMWGuinness 1st March 2019 02:48 PM

Leander where can I go to see which guild members still have attacks left against the hydra?

rvm1975 1st March 2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 55636)
Theoretically yes but only because good guilds are able to defeat multiple heads of the Hydra as long as it has only few. After some days you are lucky If your guilds defeat one head on that day. You don't race through Hydra Heads. 😊

So bonus is only 25% at day of kill?