Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   Bugs & Complaints (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   HD graphics, slow browser version, black screen, loading mushroom (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=8700)

Gully 12th May 2020 10:50 AM

HD graphics, slow browser version, black screen, loading mushroom

Hello, since yesterday afternoon i have some troubles playing shakes.

I play on a macbook air and I use chrome.
Suddenly the game set the HD graphic and i can't remove it. This makes the game slow and laggy at the point that is almost impossible to play.

What i tried:
- tickling on/off the HD graphic button in the option
- using the command /sd 0 and /sd 1
- changing browser (safari and firefox)
- clearing che cache
- using Ccleaner
- control+f5

I have the same problem on every server i play. Once i turn off the HD graphic and restart the page it starts to load with the "bigger" logo of the sd graphic but half way it switches back to the "smaller" shakes logo of the hd graphic

Do you guys have any advice?

Leander 12th May 2020 04:47 PM

I'll ask the team and let you know. It might be a bug.

Please test this workaround by adding a ?sd at the end of your URL. Example: https://w22.sfgame.net/index.php?sd
Replace w22.sfgame.net with your server.

Gully 12th May 2020 05:17 PM

Thank you Leander, just tried on int servers and national ones as well but it doesn't work.

Well, it kinda work till half way in the loading of the page, than it switches back to the hd graphics, exactly as before

Leander 12th May 2020 05:23 PM

Did you try the workaround with ?sd?

Gully 12th May 2020 06:22 PM

Yes, i copied your link and substituted w22 with w40 and again "s2 and .it" instead of "w22 and .net"

Leander 12th May 2020 08:28 PM

But it still does not work? It switches to HD?

Gully 12th May 2020 09:11 PM

Yes, correct

slasker 12th May 2020 10:59 PM

I have the same problem. Same thing on Chrome, Opera and Firefox. Game switches to HD and eats up my resources. Even in the login page it takes up 40% GPU

Leander 13th May 2020 01:26 PM

Is hardware acceleration enabled?

slasker 13th May 2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 59275)
Is hardware acceleration enabled?

Yes - HW acceleration is enabled. As reported by Gully, the game, when loaded/refreshed it starts up with the progress bar. When it reaches app 50% it becomes smaller and swaps to HD despite this is turned off... I also tried with adding ?sd to the url, but that did not help either.

slasker 13th May 2020 05:15 PM

without hw acceleration, the landing page - not even logged in - eats up app 67% of my cpu - and for obvious reasons, 0% GPU.
With hw acceleration, still the landing page - not even logged in, eats up 15% cpu and 30% GPU.

The numbers are more or less the same for each of the 3 browsers mentioned earlier for me.

Gully 13th May 2020 05:33 PM

Since i'm a moderator on the Italian forum i can say this problem is hitting a lot of players, this bug has been reported many times in the past few days.

Some players have problems logging also from smartphone.

Leander, are there any news from the devs side?

Leander 13th May 2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gully (Post 59280)
Since i'm a moderator on the Italian forum i can say this problem is hitting a lot of players, this bug has been reported many times in the past few days.

Some players have problems logging also from smartphone.

Leander, are there any news from the devs side?

We are looking into it. Might be Unity-related as a new Unity version was available.

slasker 13th May 2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 59281)
We are looking into it. Might be Unity-related as a new Unity version was available.

So you can reproduce it in lab?

Leander 13th May 2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slasker (Post 59279)
without hw acceleration, the landing page - not even logged in - eats up app 67% of my cpu - and for obvious reasons, 0% GPU.
With hw acceleration, still the landing page - not even logged in, eats up 15% cpu and 30% GPU.

The numbers are more or less the same for each of the 3 browsers mentioned earlier for me.

Are you on a Macbook too or do you use a Windows computer? Please also try private mode to see if your current user settings might slow the game down.

slasker 13th May 2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 59283)
Are you on a Macbook too or do you use a Windows computer? Please also try private mode to see if your current user settings might slow the game down.

I am on windows 10 enterprise.
Tried in incognito mode as well. Here it ends up where I have to create a new character or load mine. If I have to create a new character it takes up even more resources... 46% GPU.

Leander 13th May 2020 06:58 PM

Are you Slasker in the Discord channel? I sent you a message there.

Do you only report a RAM problem or are you stuck in the HD version too? Can you switch between HD and SD or do you also have OT's problem that you always end up with HD although you would like to play the SD version?

Gully 13th May 2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 59283)
Please also try private mode to see if your current user settings might slow the game down.

I tried right now, for what it can matter, nothing changed.
As slasker pointed out only more resources drained during the chart creation process

Also, i tested the "click every button in the game to download every pack" but it didn't affected the slowness. Needless to say that this can not be the solution every time i log into the game several times per day ^^

Leander 13th May 2020 09:05 PM

Thanks. We are looking into it.

Gully 17th May 2020 10:20 PM

Hey Leander, any news?

Leander 18th May 2020 04:10 PM

No, sorry. As the new Unity version is tricky it is difficult to reproduce. We only have reports of other players, but don't have the problem internally.

bl4ckwoolf 18th May 2020 04:50 PM

i have the same problem, for a few weaks that i notice the game being more slow than normaly is.
i have done everything, since clear caches, try firefox over chrome. even when i formated my pc shakes keeps being slow. hd graphics is off.

Leander 18th May 2020 05:10 PM

Everyone who is still having problems, please send your details (again).

1) Your platform
2) Your device/computer, OS, hardware specs
3) Describe your problem
4) What have you done to fix it, what have you tried etc.?

Gully 18th May 2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 59314)
Everyone who is still having problems, please send your details (again).

1) Your platform
3) Describe your problem

1) Browser, Chrome updated to the last version

2) MacBook Air, 2019
processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB

3) Suddenly the game set the HD graphic and i can't remove it. This makes the game slow and laggy at the point that is almost impossible to play.
I have the same problem on every server i play. Once i turn off the HD graphic and restart the page it starts to load with the "bigger" logo of the sd graphic but half way it switches back to the "smaller" shakes logo of the hd graphics.

4) What i tried:
- changing browser (safari and firefox)
- clearing che cache
- using Ccleaner
- control+f5
- adding a ?sd at the end of your URL
- private/incognito mode
-turned off every extension I have installed

bl4ckwoolf 18th May 2020 06:55 PM

1) Browser, Chrome updated to the last version and firefox last version

2) Acer 315-21G-904P
processor: AMD A9 3.6GHz
graphics: AMD radeon 520 2GB of vram
8gb of ram

3) Suddenly the game became slow and laggy at the point that is almost impossible to me doing something else when i have shakes open.
I have the same problem on every server i play for a few weeks.

4) What i tried:
- changing browser (from chrome to firefox)
- clearing che cache
- using Ccleaner
- control+f5
- adding a ?sd at the end of your URL
- private/incognito mode
-turned off every extension I have installed
- formated my pc

slasker 18th May 2020 08:02 PM

1) Your platform
Browser
- Chrome (Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit))
- Opera (68.0.3618.104)
- Firefox (76.0.1 (64-bit))
- Edge (44.18362.449.0)

Lenovo T590
i5-8365 1.6Ghz, 4 cores
16GB RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 620, 1GB
Windows 10 Enterprise

3) Describe your problem
Takes up a lot of resources... Just the login screen easily takes 40% GPU doing nothing. I have to minimize the browser if I want to do anything else and not having S&F wasting my resources.

Tried all the browsers mentioned above. Turned hw accelleration on/off. Toggled HD graphics on/off. Appended ?sd to the URL. Tried different sfgame-servers. Refreshed. Incognito mode. Reinstalled graphics driver.

I remember it as the same thing as when remastered was launched on my previous laptop. I sticked to flash as long as possible as it was more smooth and less resource consuming. It helped with the SD version. Not sure how I can see 100% whether it is actually loading HD or SD - I cannot tell the difference between the two - loading one or the other...
I see the same issue Gully describes above: after loading to 50% the progress bar switches to a smaller one.

Leander 20th May 2020 01:43 PM

Disabling HD graphics does not improve your performance? Maybe the correct graphics are not loaded.

Please disable HD graphics/use the SD URL and check what your graphics look like.

https://abload.de/img/sdhdk5jpt.jpg

Gully 20th May 2020 02:14 PM

We have HD graphics, even if disabled.

A little note, there are easier ways to know what kind of graphics do you have, gems are completely different and also the skin of your tower helpers

Leander 20th May 2020 02:44 PM

I have this problem as well. Sometimes you need to refresh the browser after disabling HD graphics...once or a couple of times still the box is no longer ticked.

We are working on a fix.

Leander 20th May 2020 03:48 PM

We have made some tweaks and hope that they improve the overall performance.

Please add ?beta to your browser URL, for example https://s3.sfgame.de/?beta and test if this solves your problem. Then post your feedback.

PS If the game does not load after switching between HD and SD, refresh your browser to apply the change.

Gully 20th May 2020 04:06 PM

Unfortunately nothing changed.

The loading is way slower, arrived to 50% loading it stopped for 20/30 seconds and then switched back to the small logo and HD graphics.

Nevertheless i tickled on and off the HD graphic option and used the chat commands, but with no result.

Dunno if this beta works for someone, but not for me :(

Leander 20th May 2020 04:16 PM

What happens when you disable HD graphics and click OK? At the moment, a giant mushrooms is displayed, but just refresh your browser and the game should load in SD.

Gully 20th May 2020 04:40 PM

Unless, it is not loading with SD graphics ::/:

bl4ckwoolf 20th May 2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 59323)
What happens when you disable HD graphics and click OK? At the moment, a giant mushrooms is displayed, but just refresh your browser and the game should load in SD.

for me the giant mushroom loads, and then just stays in there the browser,
i have to refresh the page. but doesnt to seem to change annything
i tried to refresh the page and close the browser

Leander 20th May 2020 05:02 PM

Yes, the mushroom stays and you have to refresh your browser...but are you able to switch to SD or are you still stuck in HD?

We are working on another fix.

slasker 20th May 2020 05:06 PM

I dont see changes either. Experience the same as already reported. GPU usage is still around 40% even on pages that are almost 100% static as the email where only the timers on the buttons to the left update.

Leander 20th May 2020 05:23 PM

We have deployed a new workaround:

Add ?version=old to your URL, for example https://s3.sfgame.de/?version=old

This reverts the game to the previous game version before the Unity update.
The game options should display v3.47.

slasker 20th May 2020 05:45 PM

With this one, the progress bar dont change (becomes smaller) halfway through - so I see a difference.
The GPU/CPU consumption is still the same (i.e. very high)

Gully 20th May 2020 06:48 PM

Now i can use old graphics and it seems to go smoothly!

Leander 20th May 2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slasker (Post 59329)
With this one, the progress bar dont change (becomes smaller) halfway through - so I see a difference.
The GPU/CPU consumption is still the same (i.e. very high)

The strange thing is that it uses only about 500 MB in private mode or on s1.sfgame.jp or any other server I normally don't play on.

Private mode, any server, 1 account in account management: around 500 MB
Normal mode, server with 1 account in account management: around 500 MB
Normal mode, main server with 20 accounts in account management: around 900 MB

Seems, Chrome loads a lot of additional data.

Open your browser in private mode/incognito mode, then add /?version=old to your URL. It should use about 500 MB.