Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Mirror Realm (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=8364)

Strider 3rd November 2019 05:14 PM

The Mirror Realm
 
So, this has been discussed on the discord server, but I wanted to bring it here for us to expand upon.

Once you collect all of your mirror shards, you are allowed to go through the mirror into The Mirror Realm.

The Mirror Realm allows you to have you and your companions do many of the features you can already do in the regular world (the amount of options here are great).

The biggest ones we discussed were the ability to store more gear ... both in the Mirror Bag and on the Mirror Toon and Companions.

In the mirror realm, you can go to the shops and purchase gear for all classes.

The possibilities are endless.

Anyone have ideas to add as part of The Mirror Realm?

Valkyra 21st November 2019 07:25 PM

Love the idea of a mirror realm. The thing that passed through my mind was to fight the "ėvil you" or the "evil other players" there since it's a mirror :D.

Leander 23rd December 2019 02:17 AM

Wouldn't a mirror world be considered a lazy copy and paste idea? Some players don't like shadow world because of the copied gameplay. Having an entire world copied would be even worse, wouldn't it? Would your character start at level 1 in the mirror world or keep his/her level and fight more difficult enemies?

And why can't someone just start a completely new account? What would be the difference between mirror world and a new account?

Strider 23rd December 2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 58303)
Wouldn't a mirror world be considered a lazy copy and paste idea? Some players don't like shadow world because of the copied gameplay. Having an entire world copied would be even worse, wouldn't it? Would your character start at level 1 in the mirror world or keep his/her level and fight more difficult enemies?

And why can't someone just start a completely new account? What would be the difference between mirror world and a new account?

You mean as opposed to new and original content? I personally loved the Shadow realm.

Fortress is a copy of other games
Underworld is a copy of other games
Arena Manager is a copy of other games

Mirror World is a copy of Shakes and Fidget
It would allow a ton of new content with little effort
It would also reduce the insane effort needed to optimize tower companions if the mirror realm shops sold items for all classes

I believe if the mirror realm brought more content with relative ease, most people would be fine with it.

Apollo 23rd December 2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 58303)
Wouldn't a mirror world be considered a lazy copy and paste idea? Some players don't like shadow world because of the copied gameplay. Having an entire world copied would be even worse, wouldn't it? Would your character start at level 1 in the mirror world or keep his/her level and fight more difficult enemies?

And why can't someone just start a completely new account? What would be the difference between mirror world and a new account?

The thing is that, in my opinion, mirror world has tons of possibilities to add new content, and not only recreate what already exists. New content would require little to no effort, which would give devs more time to work on actually new content for the game.

Mirror world would not have to be only revolved around dungeons - we already have that. Imagine the whole picture: a new 'shadow' fortress/underworld with boosted bonuses (+100% from academy, +50% from gems, +50% from gold pit, something like that!), new shadow pets (again, with boosted bonuses! You have +40% bonus on each element once you get all pets to level 200, so imagine something like +60% bonuses now, or maybe even 80% who knows!), new shops with a darker theme that would sell improved items (you could add a new mechanic in order to improve those items stats, like the toilet is doing right now), stuff like that you see? There's nothing new on there (maybe you could fight the new pets with the pets you already have, just like you do in shadow dungeons with your companions), so this could only focus on getting your character better and stronger (due to the better bonuses) in order to fight new, harder content!

Leander 23rd December 2019 07:55 PM

But what is new content? Going through the same dungeons again isn't new content. What is the difference between mirror world and starting a new account?

Apollo 23rd December 2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 58311)
But what is new content? Going through the same dungeons again isn't new content. What is the difference between mirror world and starting a new account?

Mirror world (in my opinion, it may differ to BMWs opinion) isn't about dungeons but everything else. And this is not supposed to be a new big content update, is just a "tool" to improve the character even more.

Imagine this way: shadow dungeons are harder and give better rewards than light dungeon. We could do something similar in here. Fortress, underworld, pets, you name it. Harder, but better bonuses too. This revolves around a new way to improve our character.

Leander 24th December 2019 01:01 AM

Do you start collecting pets from scratch? And a new fortress, a new underworld? What is your reward - XP and gold? A lot of players are not happy if something just gives you those again and again.

I'd love some sort of island. You gather wood and other resources to build a ship, set sails and explore an island. There you go up against monsters, gain island gold, gain resources to build your village...a game in the game...maybe this is not that different from BMWGuiness' idea...but a new world (island) with new resources and a fresh start still feels more unique than an exact copy of the current S&F world.

I'll definitely forward your ideas, but I am afraid a lot of players would dislike this copy and regard it as something cheap.

Apollo 24th December 2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 58316)
Do you start collecting pets from scratch? And a new fortress, a new underworld? What is your reward - XP and gold? A lot of players are not happy if something just gives you those again and again.

I'd love some sort of island. You gather wood and other resources to build a ship, set sails and explore an island. There you go up against monsters, gain island gold, gain resources to build your village...a game in the game...maybe this is not that different from BMWGuiness' idea...but a new world (island) with new resources and a fresh start still feels more unique than an exact copy of the current S&F world.

I'll definitely forward your ideas, but I am afraid a lot of players would dislike this copy and regard it as something cheap.

Yes your idea is really great, but what are the odds for Playa to add something like that? ::/:

Enza 24th December 2019 06:10 PM


Actually, it's a very very good idea !
In the mirror world you can start shadow character at level 1
You have all the bonuses (xp, gold, aura gem mine, Hall of knight, ...) directly at level 1... but you can be in a shadow guild (not necessarily with the same players) and level up the xp bonus and gold bonus. You can level up your shadow aura (from 1 to 66 and it's added to your light aura), so the stuff will be amazing at level 1, light aura 66
So that shadow character receive twice bonuses from guild, tower, scrapbook, ... You can fight the dungeons which are more difficult but give 2x normal experience.
A shadow character cannot fight against a light character. It's like a new starting server in that existing server :)
I think that is very interesting in the old servers : it gives a chance to people who created their character lately.


EDIT : All this would be available when the first player of the server reach level 400

We can use this idea to merge the server (the idea is to use that mirror world to make possible the server fusion):
*A player must create an account before connecting. Once the account created, he can add his character to the account.
*Only one shadow character per nation/account (so 1 character in french server only)
*When creating the shadow character, the player must choose an character from which the data (light aura, xp and gold bonus from light guild,...) would be transfered. Do it with your best character !
*You can/must choose another class for your shadow character !
*Shadow character companions : choose 1 strenght char, 1 intelligence char and 1 dex char.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'