Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   Help & Questions (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Defence/Evasion/Resistance (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=8051)

tieum 1st June 2019 05:01 PM

Defence/Evasion/Resistance

Hello, I want to ask about defence, evasion and resistance and how they reduce damage.
I always think that with no crit hit it is counted this way:

Damage = Weapon Damage * [1 + (Stat - Resistance/Evasion or Defence)/10] * (1 + Portal Bonus)

But it is definitely wrong when difference between me and my opponent is big.
For example

My enemy has almost 70k int, what gives him 35k resistance. I have only 18k int, so his resistance should made my hit equal 0, but I hit him for 2,5kk.

If anyone knows how game counts damage in this situation please tell me :help::help::help:

Gully 2nd June 2019 12:17 AM

it depends on your weapon damage that is outside the brackets in the formula

Lanzer 4th June 2019 08:14 AM

every 4 points of defensive stat reduces one point of their primary attribute, so not truly worth to spend gold on secundary attributes after 3 000 000 cost

Lanzer 4th June 2019 08:17 AM

Also the minimum amount of damage u can deal is 1/10 your weapon damage

tieum 4th June 2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzer (Post 56360)
every 4 points of defensive stat reduces one point of their primary attribute, so not truly worth to spend gold on secundary attributes after 3 000 000 cost

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzer (Post 56361)
Also the minimum amount of damage u can deal is 1/10 your weapon damage

Thanks for information, but how do you know that? I never found info like this on any forum.

Leander 4th June 2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzer (Post 56360)

Who says that? If you attack with dexterity and have let's say 3,000 and your opponent has 500 dexterity/evasion, you attack with the remaining dexterity of 2,500.

Kraggori 17th June 2019 05:23 PM

Also, I am pretty sure you cannot reduce your opponents offense to zero even if your stat is twice your opponents. I did some testing a while back with a very low range weapon (range of 3 points) and was able to gain a lot of data. One thing I found was that it seemed that no matter how overwhelming your stats were it appeared as though you cannot reduce your opponents offense below 50%.

tieum 18th June 2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraggori (Post 56490)
Also, I am pretty sure you cannot reduce your opponents offense to zero even if your stat is twice your opponents. I did some testing a while back with a very low range weapon (range of 3 points) and was able to gain a lot of data. One thing I found was that it seemed that no matter how overwhelming your stats were it appeared as though you cannot reduce your opponents offense below 50%.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for :beer: