Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=306)
-   -   Individual International Hall of Fame #2 - Calling out Playa (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7440)

Strider 18th September 2018 03:48 AM

Individual International Hall of Fame #2 - Calling out Playa

International Hall of Fame at face value brings no worth other than rewarding veterans for sticking with the game for 10 years.

So, in that vein, I'd like to see a 2nd International Hall of Fame which balances the playing field.

Its very simple ...

Take the current International Hall of Fame and divide everything by the age of the character's respective server (in days).

This would bring value (same as it brings now) to the entire playing field, not just those players who joined 10 years ago.

Apollo 18th September 2018 10:08 AM

I understand your point of view, I truly do, but please, for the love of God, enough with the halls of fame!

Acclamator 18th September 2018 10:48 AM

I welcome all statistics we can get without building them on our own and would love to see more in this direction. Something like an API to pull the HoF's or other data to a tablecalc would be my dream.

This particular suggestion tho is a neat idea, but has not much more sense than the current, because it clearly favors new servers as players there have reached 300 in almost no time, while players on the old servers needed 2 years once.

Strider 18th September 2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acclamator (Post 53885)
I welcome all statistics we can get without building them on our own and would love to see more in this direction. Something like an API to pull the HoF's or other data to a tablecalc would be my dream.

This particular suggestion tho is a neat idea, but has not much more sense than the current, because it clearly favors new servers as players there have reached 300 in almost no time, while players on the old servers needed 2 years once.

I'm ok with the experience getting divided based the on XP curve

Arturu 18th September 2018 04:33 PM

Hmm, change to xp curve is one thing.

But how do you take into consideration number of added dungeons, pets, weekend events?
The game has changed considerably and there are more sources of xp and gold.

Strider 18th September 2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arturu (Post 53889)
Hmm, change to xp curve is one thing.

But how do you take into consideration number of added dungeons, pets, weekend events?
The game has changed considerably and there are more sources of xp and gold.

There's no perfect solution, but dividing level by xp curve and stats by age will help even the playing field.

Also, we're talking about the #1 player of each server, so most of them are maximizing their capabilities as much as possible.

It would be a better indicator to drive competition

Apollo 18th September 2018 05:40 PM

The problem is that: is way too hard to be implemented! I already thought about some kind of "weekly ranking" (long time ago) based on everyone's xp gained during that particular week. However, each level has different values for the average xp got in each mission. Playa would need to have in consideration so many variables in order to make this a reality.

Obs - Here i'm talking about everything: quests, dungeons, pets, etc etc, not just quests as you refer.

Strider 18th September 2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 53892)
The problem is that: is way too hard to be implemented!

This is exactly why I'm calling out the devs ... a challenge

Your opinion is appreciated and noted, and now I ask that Leander submit the suggestion.

Leander 18th September 2018 10:17 PM

It's difficult. The game was quite slow some years ago. It took months to level up but now everything's faster with pets, the Twister and other content. Just take a look how fast players reach level 200 on new servers.

Strider 18th September 2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 53894)
It's difficult. The game was quite slow some years ago. It took months to level up but now everything's faster with pets, the Twister and other content. Just take a look how fast players reach level 200 on new servers.

Its also difficult to make it to the top of the International Hall of Fame if you haven't been playing the game for 10 years.

So ... I suggest getting rid of it entirely since there's no benefit or reward and no way to balance the playing field.