Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/index.php)
-   Bugs & Complaints (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/forumdisplay.php?f=305)
-   -   [Bug] Hidden Fortress Defenders (http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7215)

Joseph Lithius 27th May 2018 06:31 AM

[Bug] Hidden Fortress Defenders
 
This is a really annoying bug (?), that I'm experiencing.

Every once-in-a-while, when I attack another player's fortress, it won't display their defending forces (Archers and Mages). My "council" (the little smiley-face, in the lower-right corner) tells me that I can win the attack, too, but when I actually initiate the attack, I get steamrolled by an unlisted throng of mages or archers – sometimes, both. I would be fine with wasting troops on attacks that my council tells me I can't win… but, I really do not like getting wiped-out by defenders that I don't even know exist!

If this isn't a bug, "hidden defenders" really needs to be documented, somewhere. And, if it is a bug, I'm surprised it hasn't been reported.

Valkyra 27th May 2018 07:44 AM

Please send a support ticket from the game and include your account name, server you are playing, your platform (browser, Steam, Android app, iOS app) and a screenshot if possible.

Joseph Lithius 28th May 2018 06:19 AM

Okay. Done. I guess this topic can be closed, now…

Arturu 28th May 2018 10:56 AM

You can't take too seriously these suggestions.
Sometimes they are more accurate, sometimes less.
Plus theres also RNG involved in fights themselves.

Especially deadly are situations where opponent has almost no elves, but has mages. There's no way you or the algoryth can tell if he lost 1 mage in the fight before or 14 mages.

You need to either play it safe or risk not winning. Your predictions are the key here.

Leander 28th May 2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Lithius (Post 52801)
This is a really annoying bug (?), that I'm experiencing.

Every once-in-a-while, when I attack another player's fortress, it won't display their defending forces (Archers and Mages). My "council" (the little smiley-face, in the lower-right corner) tells me that I can win the attack, too, but when I actually initiate the attack, I get steamrolled by an unlisted throng of mages or archers – sometimes, both. I would be fine with wasting troops on attacks that my council tells me I can't win… but, I really do not like getting wiped-out by defenders that I don't even know exist!

If this isn't a bug, "hidden defenders" really needs to be documented, somewhere. And, if it is a bug, I'm surprised it hasn't been reported.

Archers are always visible while mages are always hidden. The counselor predicts the outcome of a fight but without mages as he does not know how many will take part in the fight.

Joseph Lithius 29th May 2018 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 52812)
Archers are always visible while mages are always hidden. The counselor predicts the outcome of a fight but without mages as he does not know how many will take part in the fight.

Are you sure, about that, chief?

Like, are you suuuper-sure?

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, but…

Selidah 29th May 2018 06:48 AM

Hey man, what's wrong with you? The screens you posted are all fine and show nothing special. In first two cases archers are perfectly visible with their number while mages have their number hidden.

The "council" takes number of mages as half of archers, so that if they are none, mages are not counted (as 0/2 is still 0). This is why there is, despite the fact mages are shown to be present here, your "council" unsure a bit on third screen.

Hope this will help you to solve this so-called issue.

Leander 29th May 2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Lithius (Post 52821)
Are you sure, about that, chief?

Like, are you suuuper-sure?

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, but…

The first two opponents have a certain number of archers and a hidden number of mages. The last opponent does not have archers but a hidden number of mages. The meter in red, yellow and green only calculates how many soldiers you need for all known and revealed enemies...WITHOUT mages!

As there is a secret number of mages in the third screenshot it is NOT possible to use a green amount of soldiers as "green" only means how many soldiers you need for the opponent WITHOUT his/her mages!

Bortas 29th May 2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 52831)
The first two opponents have a certain number of archers and a hidden number of mages. The last opponent does not have archers but a hidden number of mages. The meter in red, yellow and green only calculates how many soldiers you need for all known and revealed enemies...WITHOUT mages!

As there is a secret number of mages in the third screenshot it is NOT possible to use a green amount of soldiers as "green" only means how many soldiers you need for the opponent WITHOUT his/her mages!

Well, I wouldnt be so sure with this. From my experience, guide is "presuming", that enemy has half number of mages than archers. Let me explain, when i attack an enemy with full defense (30 archers, 15 mages), guide is almost always right with reccomended amount of soldiers (when i send +2 in yellow part of slider, 99% win). During attack to enemy without archers and with mages, using hint means almost always defeat, cause game thinks, there are no mages (even when we see that there if at least one mage) and reccomends strenght only to beat the wall. And in opposition, for player with archers and without mages, game still counts with mages and reccomends unnecessarily high amount of soldiers.

I dont know, if it is truth, everything is based just on my experience but almost all my fortress attacks in past years was succesfull thanks to this "tactics".

Joseph Lithius 30th May 2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leander (Post 52831)
The first two opponents have a certain number of archers and a hidden number of mages. The last opponent does not have archers but a hidden number of mages. The meter in red, yellow and green only calculates how many soldiers you need for all known and revealed enemies...WITHOUT mages!

Okay, we're clearly not understanding each other, here. And, I actually do mean that.
See, after reviewing those screenshots, I noticed that you're right; the number of archers is always displayed while the number of mages is always hidden. And, that's fine. It's functional and it seems fair enough. So, I apologize, for my misunderstanding. However… that isn't what I'm talking about, as far as the "bug" goes. So, I will try and explain this as simply as I can:

Sometimes, both "defender" boxes are empty,
but when I actually fight, the enemy has defending units.

This doesn't happen all-the-time and, in fact, hasn't happened for the last couple of days. But, it does happen. And, it is annoying. Either way, hopefully, this will clear up any confusion about what I'm actually reporting.

Also.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bortas (Post 52836)
[…] when i attack an enemy with full defense (30 archers, 15 mages), guide is almost always right with reccomended amount of soldiers (when i send +2 in yellow part of slider, 99% win). During attack to enemy without archers and with mages, using hint means almost always defeat, cause game thinks, there are no mages (even when we see that there if at least one mage) and reccomends strenght only to beat the wall. And in opposition, for player with archers and without mages, game still counts with mages and reccomends unnecessarily high amount of soldiers.

This is very helpful. It sounds about right, too, as I've attacked a fortress that didn't have archers – just mages – with the "recommended" soldiers, and gotten my butt whupped. Thank you.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'