Thread: The Well
View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 02:11 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
The overall idea is really good.
You've put some thought into it.

However, I am at the point in the game where none of these options seem good to me. I wouldn't have use to any of this.

But I will say, people would like to store items worth 10 million. There should be an option for them.
Can you specify why you wouldn't have use for any of this?
Are you talking about storage upgrades or storage as a whole?

I really don't think that even for you the storage would be useless if we think about tower and followers. Even if you finished tower you still have dark dungeons where followers are needed.
Let's do a simple math :
You have 20 slots available.
You want to have a "ready"gem for your potential better item you will get, some people need 3 if they change inventory more often. You need 1 slot for this new item.
You need also an additional 3 gems for followers and 3 slots for their new items.
2+6=8 - if you are very economical with your storage
4+6=10 - let's say it's value for an average player
You will also need at least 1 slot for pupil feed and 1 slot for wood or stone, I'm not counting dungeon key slot...
So, yes 20 slots can be enough for you if you use your free slots in a economic way: 10 or 12 slots needed. I'm not counting elixirs!
But what if you want more freedom? You will need more than 20 slots. I will explain why:

a) You don't know which better item you will get - depending on its stats you would like to pick a certain gem, for example, you play scout:
Drops gloves with stats :
+200 dexterity
+200 endurance
+200 constitution
You have 4 options - to choose gem adding to endurance, dexterity, luck or black gem to add all stats. If you have all 4 of them ready you could calculate which will be the best for your character and make use of it and when another second better item will arrive you may want to change gem for your previous item too if second adds to stat you already have.
b) You are forced to play using one set of items for fighting all the enemies
If you would have more free space you could have more than 1 set of items and depending on the enemy you could change your gear in order to counter that monster.
The same with your followers you could change their gear to better counter a certain monster.
This will definitely add more strategy for this game.
c) pupils - if we talk about pupils you have 3 food limit per pupil and sometimes you don't want to feed weak pupils or random pupils just to make free slots in your inventory. So, those people who want to feed their strongest pupil will require more than 3 slots for pupil feeds.
d) wood/stone - probably this will be a very rare situation but after all some players would like not to use immediately their wood/stone item but make use of it some other time. There just could have too much resources or they want to keep it and add when they will upgrade a certain building, to protect their resources better from enemies.
e) you could mine more gems by avoiding the situation in which you decide not to mine a gem because you don't have free slots for them.
f) you could collect more elixirs for future use
g) you want to keep items for the witch or blacksmith
h) you'll get enough space if there will be updates and added something new which will require more free slots in your bag

Last edited by żyd; 11th September 2018 at 02:23 PM.