Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 11th January 2019, 07:31 PM
Farm Hand

Originally yes, however, I live in England so I doubt that's something to do with it. Basically, no matter what I do settings wise after refreshing the page games goes back to German.
Old 12th January 2019, 01:37 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Hogwash on the IP and language thing I have always lived in the US and have had it switch to German more then once. So I call bull on that. get your facts straight before giving an answer like that.

The problem is they released the new version before fixing anything. still doesn't load in IE which I mentioned in the forum the first week of BETA as well as the lag which still hasn't changed as you can see from others as well.
Old 12th January 2019, 02:27 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

This new version is terribly. It shows I am logged in on one server then it starts saying logging in. Every page is so painful to load, it is a constant waiting game to swap pages. Just took me 20 minutes click on everything after sleeping for 8 hours and everything is filled. I am ready to just quit the game now. I don't have 45 minutes to play on 2 servers just to do things.
Old 13th January 2019, 09:42 AM
Hatchling

While I can probably get used to the new interface, even though I agree that having to click through the stable (which you use every 14th day) to get to pets (which you use maybe 30-40 times every day) is a horrible decision, there is a much, much more serious issue with the new HTML based client.

I am on a I7 processor, 8 HT cores, and Chrome is using an obscene amount of CPU having the client active, so much that my CPU fan kicks into high-gear, and this is simply not acceptable in any way or form for such a "simple" game.
Old 13th January 2019, 03:41 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyveHest View Post
While I can probably get used to the new interface, even though I agree that having to click through the stable (which you use every 14th day) to get to pets (which you use maybe 30-40 times every day) is a horrible decision, there is a much, much more serious issue with the new HTML based client.

I am on a I7 processor, 8 HT cores, and Chrome is using an obscene amount of CPU having the client active, so much that my CPU fan kicks into high-gear, and this is simply not acceptable in any way or form for such a "simple" game.
I understand (and agree) that is not that practical to click in the stable twice to enter the pets (I'd switch the order, which means, stable inside the pets tab), but Playa already said that this new interface is to make room for new buttons for upcoming content.
Old 13th January 2019, 10:17 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I understand (and agree) that is not that practical to click in the stable twice to enter the pets (I'd switch the order, which means, stable inside the pets tab), but Playa already said that this new interface is to make room for new buttons for upcoming content.
I think there is actually a really easy and elegant way to solve this,
as long as you have an active mount the "stable"-button will say "pets" and
clicking it once will take you to the pets, clicking it again will take you to the stable,
but if you have no mount (because it has run out) the button will say "stable"
and clicking it will take you to the stable.
(This dynamic stable/pets-button will appear if the player is lvl 75+)

This will remove those redundant clicks and also adds a new indicator that will tell you that your mount has run out.

Last edited by Eggman95; 14th January 2019 at 05:17 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eggman95 For This Useful Post:
Acclamator (14th January 2019), Apollo (13th January 2019), beroun (14th January 2019), Chwanito (19th January 2019), Kuba311 (13th January 2019), Leander (14th January 2019)
Old 18th January 2019, 01:19 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Pets should not have been combined with Stables in the first place.
What was even the point of that? To save space for future content? That's ridiculous.

As it has been stated by numerous people the optimization in this version is abysmal. You could argue that this is a version for modern computers.
But if it's for modern computers and we are supposed to save space for future content then why in the hell do we still have two black empty spaces on the sides of the screen?

I said it after the announcement and I will say it once more - developing again the same game in exactly the same form is a complete waste.

The question should not be "how do we save space for more buttons?" but maybe "how do we create new kind of menu?"

Just as an example - they could have created animated portraits that would be used as a menu or maybe some new kind of UI part with just the timers?
And these are just two simple examples.

I would be thrilled if they would think about how to avoid dead content for a change.

In the end we have the new version and as far as I can see we got with it:
- some new art
- a lot bigger requirements
- loading times
- smaller, yet more convoluded menus

It's hard to say Playa did a good job without sarcasm.
Old 18th January 2019, 01:51 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
What was even the point of that? To save space for future content? That's ridiculous.

As it has been stated by numerous people the optimization in this version is abysmal. You could argue that this is a version for modern computers.
But if it's for modern computers and we are supposed to save space for future content then why in the hell do we still have two black empty spaces on the sides of the screen?

I said it after the announcement and I will say it once more - developing again the same game in exactly the same form is a complete waste.

The question should not be "how do we save space for more buttons?" but maybe "how do we create new kind of menu?"

Just as an example - they could have created animated portraits that would be used as a menu or maybe some new kind of UI part with just the timers?
And these are just two simple examples.

I would be thrilled if they would think about how to avoid dead content for a change.

In the end we have the new version and as far as I can see we got with it:
- some new art
- a lot bigger requirements
- loading times
- smaller, yet more convoluded menus

It's hard to say Playa did a good job without sarcasm.

Oh, come on, it has been the best update in three years!!!!!!!
Old 18th January 2019, 06:27 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Yes, to make room for future content. Mounts and pets are all animals so combining them was natural.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 18th January 2019, 08:28 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Yes, to make room for future content. Mounts and pets are all animals so combining them was natural.
Following this logic, why don't we store fruits in the "buy mushrooms" section?

They all are more or less plants
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
beroun (20th January 2019), Fantasy (18th January 2019), TFO (27th January 2019)