Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 12th April 2019, 03:59 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Default Is it me or are berserkers beyond overpowered?

Hello,

I'm new to the game so I might not understand the mechanics correctly. I'm just wondering if berserkers are working as intended where they can string their hits together over and over again? If you check the leaderboards on w32 its all berserkers being leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else.

I thought berserker skill would work like this:
Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
Round 2: Opponent attacks
Round 3: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
Round 4: Opponent attacks

But it seams its more like:
Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again (repeat until fail the roll)

Which leads the the berserkar attacking even 4 times a round. If there is no limit to it, then a berserker can literally oneshot any enemy no mather the level difference as long as they can get lucky enough with their rolls.

If this is true, then what point is there to play any class besides berserker on a new server? Sure mages do 100% damage to them but doesnt really mather when they can just string hits together and kill you anyway even if they are lower level and less geared.

As I said, I have no experience with the game besides w32 so I might be missing some mechanic or things changing later in the game.
Old 12th April 2019, 04:25 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flun View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the game so I might not understand the mechanics correctly. I'm just wondering if berserkers are working as intended where they can string their hits together over and over again? If you check the leaderboards on w32 its all berserkers being leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else.

I thought berserker skill would work like this:
Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
Round 2: Opponent attacks
Round 3: Attack + 50% chance to attack again.
Round 4: Opponent attacks

But it seams its more like:
Round 1: Attack + 50% chance to attack again (repeat until fail the roll)

Which leads the the berserkar attacking even 4 times a round. If there is no limit to it, then a berserker can literally oneshot any enemy no mather the level difference as long as they can get lucky enough with their rolls.

If this is true, then what point is there to play any class besides berserker on a new server? Sure mages do 100% damage to them but doesnt really mather when they can just string hits together and kill you anyway even if they are lower level and less geared.

As I said, I have no experience with the game besides w32 so I might be missing some mechanic or things changing later in the game.
A guild mate got attacked by a berserker which chained 13 attacks in a row on him. They are a bit overpowered yes, but they are mostly a P2W class. If you don't use mushrooms they are not a big deal, no better than other classes. I suspect they made them so that they can make more money on new servers.
Old 12th April 2019, 04:35 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumidee View Post
A guild mate got attacked by a berserker which chained 13 attacks in a row on him. They are a bit overpowered yes, but they are mostly a P2W class. If you don't use mushrooms they are not a big deal, no better than other classes. I suspect they made them so that they can make more money on new servers.
Might be due to my lack of knowledge of the game, but even as a mage I try to avoid them even if they are lower level then me due to them just swinging so much that the extra damage I do to them is inferior to their extra swings. It might change at higher levels with more crit and stuff. Just feels like whoever coded them made a mistake in the amount of attacks they get.

A class that has the potential to dish out infinite damage (as long as you win the coinflip) should go back to the drawing board.
Old 12th April 2019, 04:58 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flun View Post
Might be due to my lack of knowledge of the game, but even as a mage I try to avoid them even if they are lower level then me due to them just swinging so much that the extra damage I do to them is inferior to their extra swings. It might change at higher levels with more crit and stuff. Just feels like whoever coded them made a mistake in the amount of attacks they get.

A class that has the potential to dish out infinite damage (as long as you win the coinflip) should go back to the drawing board.
Every subsequent attack should be 5% lower chance I think, that way it's not possible to chain as many attacks as is now.
Old 12th April 2019, 07:07 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Well guys, it's the same for hunters.

They can chain infinite attacks since they dont fight against mages
The Following User Says Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
kečup (13th April 2019)
Old 12th April 2019, 08:17 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumidee View Post
Every subsequent attack should be 5% lower chance I think, that way it's not possible to chain as many attacks as is now.
I would say even lower, maybe even 10%. That would leave the maximum of possible attacks at:

1st @ 100%
2nd @ 50%
3rd @ 40%
4th @ 30%
5th @ 20%
6th @ 10%

Thats still a possible of 6 attacks in one round which is still massive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gully View Post
Not really the same, in PvP you at least get to TRY and attack. Technically against a PvE mob its the same with infinite dodges. Could easily be changed by modifying dodge and make it scale negatively if you fight something with higher levels so if you are facing something higher then you, then you would lose some dodge chance. How much? No idea.
Old 12th April 2019, 08:27 PM
Greenhorn

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gully View Post

It's the worst for hunters/scouts...
At least mages have an advantage over them & warriors can have great HP...

The number of attacks that can be repeated should be reduced, not the chance.
If you reduce the chance it wouldn't change it that much...
Look at the crit. hit chance when you have more luck or less luck @ lower levels, it still depends on chance & sometimes enemies with a smaller crit. chance than you could land more crits, even with a smaller level....
Old 12th April 2019, 10:14 PM
Mighty Hero

Having a 50% chance to keep dodging or 50% to keep attacking, I don't see the difference
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
kečup (13th April 2019)
Old 13th April 2019, 07:08 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Having a 50% chance to keep dodging or 50% to keep attacking, I don't see the difference
I will explain it then. Take a mage for example:

Hunter tries to dodge, hunter fails and get blasted to the face
Berserker attacks 7 times in a row, mage get instakilled without attacking once.

Also there is a difference in the feeling of the player (for me at least). If you face a berserker and he just attacks until you are dead without you even attacking..or if you actually get to attack and felt you lost due to unlucky dodges instead of not swinging at all.
Old 13th April 2019, 09:00 AM
Mighty Hero

That's whey berserkers receive double damage from mages.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
Filfla (13th April 2019)