Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 4th August 2016, 12:27 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum
Default A suggestion for world servers

now that there are so many world servers now how about any new ones that come out have a different time zone the what current ones have so that if enough world servers come out there would be at least 1 server for each time zone. that would be 24 time zones so next 23 could cover the rest of the times zones
Old 4th August 2016, 10:04 AM
Mushroom Collector

So that we Germans have to look at the time, how its done in thailand or elsewhere?

Why not .... but to get this into real discussion, you have to make this suggestion in the german forum .... i would appreciate it .... not only the rights for us but for everyone ....

one critic:
if you make it one server per timezone, what will happen per server? Right, only the players in the timezone will prefer this one ... a hh which takes place at 4 in the morning? no one would like to go to such a server from my opinion ....
Old 4th August 2016, 04:57 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasi View Post
So that we Germans have to look at the time, how its done in thailand or elsewhere?

Why not .... but to get this into real discussion, you have to make this suggestion in the german forum .... i would appreciate it .... not only the rights for us but for everyone ....
This game is not played only by Germans mate, I am sorry to ruin it for you. Also, this is a suggestion for international servers, so I don't see why it should be moved to the german forums. You have your servers for german people in .de, I'd suggest you to play there.
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 4th August 2016 at 04:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (4th August 2016)
Old 4th August 2016, 05:15 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:

one critic:
if you make it one server per timezone, what will happen per server? Right, only the players in the timezone will prefer this one ... a hh which takes place at 4 in the morning? no one would like to go to such a server from my opinion ....
Why should it be posted in the German forum? All suggestions are forwarded to Playa alike...regardless of the forum.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (4th August 2016)
Old 4th August 2016, 09:56 PM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:

one critic:
Not sure what you mean by "So that we Germans have to look at the time, how its done in Thailand or elsewhere" But if you mean you would actually have to look at the server time to see what time it is on that server so be it everyone else in the world has to who isn't on the current time zone of the world servers.

Why would I make the suggestion on the German forums for 1 I am not from Germany nor speak the language nor do I play on the German forums. You may or may not have notice what my forum title is; it is not baby or any of the normal titles but it says forum moderator so it might be shocking but this is the perfect place for me to suggest this. Also other then the German forums this is the only other forum that has a server section for the world servers. tbh it all should be just here for the world server but that my opinion.

As for ppl in the same time zone of a server preferring that server of course. Wouldn't you? Do you play on the US server or Japanese server(s) or Canada server I am gonna guess you don't and why not you I am gonna guess because of the time difference. But I bet ppl would play a server that is only an hour or 2 difference as well.

I suggest this for a couple reasons first off I think Playa would get more ppl to play on the world servers if there was one for every time zone or at least one for every other time zone. secondly just about every online game I have seen tries to have servers for either every time zone or times zones that would be convenient for a region of players.
Old 5th August 2016, 09:07 AM
Mushroom Collector

Please dont get upset because i suggest moving it to the german forum. I haven't known that this suggestions were also forwarded to playa .... because some suggestions i saw were done by the germans 1 or 2 years before .....

And please do NOT treat me like my title says .... i'm also playing from march 2010 and have enough experience on my own .... and please keep that sarkasm for yourself .... no i dont play on the international servers except w8.

I just wanted to hint out, if you have a region for each new server or a timezone, what would be the expected people countries?
Right: those, which lie in this region .... that means if you have int w15 with the timezone for japan, why would somebody from brazil or hungary join there?
That would result the same, as if a new world on japan opens .....

Or am I that wrong? That also means there are no mixed international worlds anymore.

Last edited by Wasi; 5th August 2016 at 12:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wasi For This Useful Post:
Kirur (5th August 2016)
Old 5th August 2016, 10:20 PM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:
Please dont get upset because i suggest moving it to the german forum. I haven't known that this suggestions were also forwarded to playa .... because some suggestions i saw were done by the germans 1 or 2 years before .....

And please do NOT treat me like my title says .... i'm also playing from march 2010 and have enough experience on my own .... and please keep that sarkasm for yourself .... no i dont play on the international servers except w8.

I just wanted to hint out, if you have a region for each new server or a timezone, what would be the expected people countries?
Right: those, which lie in this region .... that means if you have int w15 with the timezone for japan, why would somebody from brazil or hungary join there?
That would result the same, as if a new world on japan opens .....

Or am I that wrong? That also means there are no mixed international worlds anymore.
Who is getting upset that u suggested I post the suggestion on the german forums not I just stating facts, But I would think after the episode on the German forums with a US player posting on the German forums that you would have known that even suggesting me to post there was a bad idea.

well u ask why would someone from brazil or hungary play on a Japanese server most wouldn't but if you have a world server that is set for say the Japanese time zone there would be players from china phillapines south korea just to name a few countries same with say a US time zone you would get ppl from all of the north and south America countries on it. Remember even though I am saying time zone not country servers most ppl wouldn't play on a brazil server who don't speak their language but if you say a world server that is set for say central time you open it up for everyone who would like to play the game with that server time.

I will say the all German time stamp for all world servers can be tough on a lot of players. I live on the east coast of the US and that is I think 5-6 hours ahead of me so I have to try and get thirst done either b4 bed or when I wake up b4 work. not an easy thing when server reset would be 7-8 pm my time I have to be to work by 6 am. if not a shroomer it would b tight but doable to shroom forget it not happening. I did it for almost 2 years on s2 UK wasn't fun trying to get my thirst done and most days was lucky to get 200 thirst done. west coast US players may or may not have it a little easier as it would be 3-4 pm their time but still not an easy task if u shroom.
Old 9th August 2016, 01:36 PM
Epic Hero

Personally I think that one world server per timezone might be a bit much, however having some at a good time difference would be nice (eg some at GMT+6, or GMT+12 (!) who are the people who actually really feel the issue with the time zones).

Of course it's more than expected that EU people won't be plenty on those servers, but even there, I'd like to have an account since I work night shifts sometimes and it's fun to have people around (for a change)!
Old 9th August 2016, 10:02 PM
Golden Shroomer

yeah even every 4 hours is good But I am not saying to open all those servers at the same time. What I am saying is each time they plan on opening one change what the time zone is for that server.