Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Does SF need rework thirst duration?
YES 43 78.18%
NO 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th May 2018, 04:14 PM
Epic Raid Leader

I understand you might not like this idea, especially conpared to other propositions.

I have to admit I don't get how would this be an advantage to anyone.
Could you please explain?
Old 25th May 2018, 04:27 PM
Mighty King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
I understand you might not like this idea, especially conpared to other propositions.

GeorgeKen has spent 7 years playing this game or ~800,000 hours to get where he's at.

You're proposing to halve the daily time dedication for new players right off the bat

So now someone could spend 7 years or ~400,000 hours to reach his equivalency. This means 400,000 hours of city guard earned for free.

That's why I'm saying I like Eggman's idea, you need to earn your way to reduced time

Time Travel Shadow Dungeon = Every Boss defeated = 1% reduction
50 Bosses = 50% reduction

Boss 1 ~ level 350
Boss 25 ~ level 450
Boss 50 ~ level 550
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Apollo (25th May 2018), Leander (25th May 2018)
Old 25th May 2018, 04:49 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:

I also think it should be a reward for playing so long,
so at least lvl 350 should be a requirement maybe a complete portal too.

Today it is possible to reach lvl 300 in less than three months,
the first player needed over 2 years to reach lvl 300.

With quest time reduction you don't have a competitive advantage, so it should be a gimmick for high lvl player, which played the game for years with normal quest duration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman95 For This Useful Post:
Leander (25th May 2018)
Old 25th May 2018, 06:20 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Agree 100% with BMW and Eggman. I recently started to play a browser game where high accounts are the ones that get more content, unlike Shakes & Fidget. Time reduction could be the start of it: implement more and more content as a 'reward' for the commitment and dedication of veterans.

But can we get something else besides another shadow-themed dungeon?
Old 26th May 2018, 03:15 AM
Epic Raid Leader

I have the opposite point of view.

Older servers are dying out. If you want to get new people to play there you need to give them an incentive to do so.
How are you going to do that, if he / she will need twice more time then you to finish his / her thirst?

And the other side - new server. Would you actually want to start on a new server where you would (once again) have to play thousands of hours to get a decent reduction?
Old 26th May 2018, 03:56 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
I have the opposite point of view.

Older servers are dying out. If you want to get new people to play there you need to give them an incentive to do so.
How are you going to do that, if he / she will need twice more time then you to finish his / her thirst?

And the other side - new server. Would you actually want to start on a new server where you would (once again) have to play thousands of hours to get a decent reduction?

A new player wouldn't know about questtimereduction, and so the majority of them would pick one of the newest servers, like they already do.
Also there are so many old server, what are the odds that a new player would pick yours.

Also i doubt that questtimereduction would have any measurable effect of increased activity caused by new players.

If you are a high level player (400+) you dont really care about new players on old servers, because they won't affect you in any significant way.
this is also the reason why the new assassine class is such a let down for older players.

I think of quest time reduction as a way to make long-term players stick to the game and also as a reward because they stuck to the game.

The only way to revive old server is either to merge servers (which was stated not to be possible) or to add an option to migrate to another server.

Last edited by Eggman95; 26th May 2018 at 01:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman95 For This Useful Post:
BMWGuinness (26th May 2018), Chwanito (26th May 2018)
Old 26th May 2018, 11:23 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman95 View Post
If you are a high level player (400+) you dont really care about new players on old servers, because they won't affect you in any significant way.
this is also the reason why the new assassine class is such a let down for older players.
So you play on an older server and have a 400+ char.
You get a decent reduction. Do you really care if player 300+ gets 5-10% less?
Is that such a slap in the face for you that he gets the same? I would argue that he better gets the same bonus or else he might feel like quiting.

I still don't see how your solution will help newly created servers. Just because we don't plan on playing on a new server doesn't mean this issue shouldn't be considered.
Old 26th May 2018, 12:34 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Arturu, you're thinking short-term only. Who cares about new people joining old servers if, once they get level 350, all of them will quit because of the monotony? At the moment I really don't see why we should keep upgrading our character above 400: what's beyond that wall? Days after days spending 5 hours on the computer doing the same thing every day? Nothing new to do there? New accounts already have so much to do, they don't get bored with the monotony because there's no monotony, unlike high accounts.

EDIT: since November 2017, 10 new players joined my server, (opened since 2010), where they started doing 320 thirst since day 1. At the beginning they were active but when they reached level 320-330, every single one of them stopped. Coincidence?

Last edited by Apollo; 26th May 2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 26th May 2018, 12:42 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Sorry for writting, but do you really want to make time-shorter only for longer players? I understand your reasons - you play this game really long, spend a lot of time and money on it. Much more than new players. It may frustrate.
But rembember, that - unfortunatelly - that new servers make the most money. I think people would stay longer, if they didn't have to spend so much time on it! Making it only for high levels don't make people will stay at old servers one. People starts leaving at ~200, ~300. And they will start new characters on newer serwer. Make it for them (rather over 300) - not for the best. The best one should have someting else, something better.

You want to make this for long play? So let's do it as a reward for time you spend on game, not level.

1st year playing - ?
2nd year playing - ??
3th year playing - ???
(or something like this - it's just an idea)

The thing is, what reward should be like. I don't think it's necessary to shorter (faster) missions time. 2.5, 5 , 7.5 and 10 minuts are good one. You can do something else during them.

Maybe automatically skipping should be better?
For example - for playing longer than 1 year you could automatically "skip" to 10 minuts.
Longer than 2 - 20 minuts.
Longer than 3 - 30 minuts etc.

This game is not only for top. And the shorter is really, really important and for me (player who returned to game and started from beggining - necessery..
I know you may be a bit angry, jeleus and frustrate.. You didn't have any nice, update recently. but please - be a bit reasonable.

It's just an idea.
Old 26th May 2018, 12:59 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by promucha View Post
Sorry for writting, but do you really want to make time-shorter only for longer players? I understand your reasons - you play this game really long, spend a lot of time and money on it. Much more than new players. It may frustrate.
But rembember, that - unfortunatelly - that new servers make the most money. I think people would stay longer, if they didn't have to spend so much time on it! Making it only for high levels don't make people will stay at old servers one. People starts leaving at ~200, ~300. And they will start new characters on newer serwer. Make it for them (rather over 300) - not for the best. The best one should have someting else, something better.

You want to make this for long play? So let's do it as a reward for time you spend on game, not level.

1st year playing - ?
2nd year playing - ??
3th year playing - ???
(or something like this - it's just an idea)

The thing is, what reward should be like. I don't think it's necessary to shorter (faster) missions time. 2.5, 5 , 7.5 and 10 minuts are good one. You can do something else during them.

Maybe automatically skipping should be better?
For example - for playing longer than 1 year you could automatically "skip" to 10 minuts.
Longer than 2 - 20 minuts.
Longer than 3 - 30 minuts etc.

This game is not only for top. And the shorter is really, really important and for me (player who returned to game and started from beggining - necessery..
I know you may be a bit angry, jeleus and frustrate.. You didn't have any nice, update recently. but please - be a bit reasonable.

It's just an idea.
How can you ask us, high level players, to be reasonable?
I'm level 360+ (which is not that high) and I take 5 days to level up, playing 320 thirst. Besides doing solo portal, thirst and the 5 pets fights, I have nothing else to do. If it's already boring for me, imagine people above 400 and 450, that level up once each two weeks.

The thing that you don't understand is that your early game will take 2-3 months. Don't get me wrong, but your opinion is only because of your currently level - you don't know how hard it gets in high levels, or maybe you do know but just don't care. The first 300 levels take 3 months where you have portal, 13 dungeons, shadow dungeons, tower, pets dungeons, twister and a lot more to do. I have portal, currently stuck in dungeon 14, 15 and twister, and 5 pets fights a day. And I'm only level 360. I can ask some level 480 players to come here and give their own opinion.

People start leaving at +275, +300 because there's where it starts to get motonous. What they don't know is that it's NOTHING compared to what they will face soon in the game, at 330s