Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 30th June 2010, 10:27 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Lightbulb War Rewards

I have a suggestion on a problem, which got strong support on guild chat and everyone else I talked with. I'm talking about wars, and how pointless they are in the current system. Essentially, they are just money sinks, honor points come and go but the money disappears anyway. Unless a guild has every upgrade maxed out, wars slow down their progress, and as such, they are avoided. This is no good.

We need something that will make it worth it to do wars and spend all that money. Here are some ideas we made up to do so. They may have their flaws, we know, but we hope one of them will get balanced and implemented, so wars can happen all the time.

-If the attacking side wins, they'd get back the money spent to start the war. If they lose, the winner defending side gets the money in their treasury. (Guilds are generally attacked because they were thought to be defeatable, so I feel this fair. Maybe even more money could be won somehow for the defenders, based on the fortress levels?)

-The winning side could "loot" the losing side's fortress. This would only mean that each player taking part in the battle with full HP on the winning side would have 50% to get nothing, (maybe a little money could be ok), 25% to get a high quality item (much like in dungeons) and 25% to get a mushroom. The losing side would not actually lose anything other than the honor points.

-Simple, the winning side would get exp based on the levels of the attackers. The losing side could get some, too.

These are the ideas I can see happening, and I really hope one of these (or yours) will happen to make wars worth to do.
Old 1st July 2010, 03:49 AM
Farm Hand

As it is, winning guilds receive honor and each member gets some exp.

Winning (or loosing) honor is a way to rank guilds. Obviously, the higher rank you are, the stronger your guild is. Rank is a recruiting (and retention) tool, plain and simple. Some players will naturally be drawn to higher ranked guilds.

If you have a strong guild with members that really don't care one lick about rank, then no need to spend money on wars. For the guilds I am in (on various servers) if we didn't engage in wars and fight for ranking, we would absolutely lose some members (and some would never have joined a guild with rank "0").

Old 1st July 2010, 12:28 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

I know all of this. I think you missed the point.

What I'm talking about are more interesting rewards in addition to this honor system, so wars would be more common and more fun.

Right now wars just slow down the progress of the guild greatly for very little material reward.
It's not the ones who war a lot with the right people who end up being number one, they are the 50 person guilds with the highest level players. People are having wars in their own league, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, but they lose money anyway. In the end they will only go up in the ranks when the actual guild members are stronger, because being relatively weak and being worth a lot of honor points gets you beaten back down into your place quickly, this is how it works for the arena, and this is how it works for the guild wars, this is a fact. With rewards to make up for it, it'd be worth doing wars in the lower ranks too.

I'm talking about rewards that would help getting the winning side stronger and progress in the ranks faster, getting the system mentioned above work better. This way a guild that wins a lot of wars would actually be strong instead of being one that wasted lots of money (making the guild and the members who donated weaker).
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:18 AM
Greenhorn

It sounds to me like you want a bank. The guild (and players) can bank a certain percentage of money donated or earned during the course of the day. Lost guild or arena battles only cost from your unbanked cash. The guild can buy bank upgrades in order to bank a greater percentage of gold each day, and people in guilds can automatically bank more of their own cash according to the guild's bank level. Paying costs must obviously allow you to pay from cash first, topping up with money from the bank if necessary.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:56 AM
Greenhorn

Sarnath time.

In a similar vein to the OP, one thing that kinda annoys me about guild battles is that you gain nothing when you defeat an attack, and defeating an attack is usually unlikely so often all members of the guild don't even care to defend. Guild attacks are basically just a way for the players to spend gold for XP - does anyone actually care about guild honour? I really think that defeating a guild attack should be worth xp and honour to the individual defenders (rather than just honour to the guild), perhaps even a mushroom or two to the guild.