Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 19th February 2018, 09:58 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Default Long term planning

I don't know if this topic was brought up on German forums. It has been mentioned here and there, but it deserves it's own thread.

Looking at last few patches it is quite clear that one of the biggest problems this game has is long term planning.
Playa recently stated that they are patching this game to level 600 which, in my opinion, is a failure that they actually needed to test it.
This game has been up for a decade and we can't have plans for just one year or the next 100 levels. They need to come up with plans not for a year or two but five or even 10 years.

For a certain percentage of the playerbase all available side content will end within a year.
And with that all the Halls of Fame (beside the main one) will become useless.
Now what will happen within the next five years? Are we going to get another bunch of 1-2 year spanning content with additional Halls of Fame? Is anyone even thinking about it?

It would make sense to have a general rule that if a given system is supposed to end after certain amount of time then it should NOT have a Hall of Fame.

And I would really like Playa to consider changing Fortress in such a way that it could continue past level 20. Right now Fortress is the easiest part of content to be patched up.

If they feel that fatigue is an issue then, for example, unlock upgrades to Fortress (past level 20) for the whole server after one of it's players reaches level 500 or levels all of his / her pets.

The next update is supposed to come out in March (I think) and revolve around guilds. Timing could be better, but it's probably to late to work on something else.
I hope that by the end of the year we will have something that's not going to end just like that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
Доширакус (19th February 2018), dfps (19th February 2018), Shnitel (20th February 2018)
Old 19th February 2018, 10:58 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

yes long term planning seems to be a novel idea it seems. But really needs to be done is fix all the little bugs in the game like for pet arena the different elements to choose from not showing up(took me almost 10 refreshes before I got them to show up yesterday) also at login screen losing all you account info and having to re-enter all of it. (for ppl who use all slots to have to re-enter all that blows). also the not being able to enter tower and or twister and having to refresh to be able to. these are the ones I can recall I am sure there are plenty of others.
Old 20th February 2018, 12:29 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Very true, I also have problems with all of these. But I play a lot on my phone and at least pet fights don't disappear there.

If I can suggest something... when you restart and the page loses login info, you can simply refresh the page (instead of typing it again). This should bring back your login information.
Old 20th February 2018, 05:48 PM
Veteran Epic King

First person to reach level 500 on each server gets their money back!
Old 20th February 2018, 08:17 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Long-term planning is not always possible or only in certain cases. Playa always works on new content behind closed doors. Neither the community nor community managers and mods know what they will come up with in some weeks or months UNTIL we get the official email and immediately post it in the forums.

It's just not possible to know what the game will be like in 3 months, 6 months or one year.

Moreover, developing a game is a continious process that depends on community feedback. If something would be ready in 3 months with some extra features in 6 months but it turns out the community doesn't like the new content released in 3 months, the update in 6 months would become obsolete.

Of course there is some kind of plan how the game will continue but only to some extent and definitely not for release months or years earlier.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Arturu (21st February 2018), MedusasSnakes (23rd February 2018)
Old 21st February 2018, 12:21 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Very true, I also have problems with all of these. But I play a lot on my phone and at least pet fights don't disappear there.

If I can suggest something... when you restart and the page loses login info, you can simply refresh the page (instead of typing it again). This should bring back your login information.
I have been told at least the login info disappearing is a flash issue and refreshing doesn't fix this. Imo it is a coding issue that flash doesn't quite like. As for the pet arena thing I don't recall the so called reasoning for it happening.

@ leander- do we expect the next update to have more content of the last update no but what ppl want is at some reasonable point an update to tie into past updates. example soul stones with current way underworld is once you max all buildings ( and for those who want best HoF ranking maxing out troops/monster) there is nothing to do with soul stones. at least with fortress we can still make gems.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 21st February 2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 21st February 2018, 11:39 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Long-term planning is not always possible or only in certain cases. Playa always works on new content behind closed doors. Neither the community nor community managers and mods know what they will come up with in some weeks or months UNTIL we get the official email and immediately post it in the forums.

It's just not possible to know what the game will be like in 3 months, 6 months or one year.

Moreover, developing a game is a continious process that depends on community feedback. If something would be ready in 3 months with some extra features in 6 months but it turns out the community doesn't like the new content released in 3 months, the update in 6 months would become obsolete.

Of course there is some kind of plan how the game will continue but only to some extent and definitely not for release months or years earlier.
I do not think we are talking about mods (who naturally cannot know) doing any sort of long term planning, but we would like that Playa (who should know their own future plans some time in advance), consider for every new feature they release what its role/impact will be to the player daily routine a year or more after it being release.

Thus:
- in the Pet feature, what would happen once all pets are maxxed out to related drops (fruits etc)/HoF/WoF? Here the HoF remains relevant, but drops are deprecated.
- in the Underworld, what would happen once all buildings are maxxed out to related drops (souls)/HoF/WoF? Here, both the HoF/WoF/resource become obsolete in a relatively short time span (I guess to players will have everything maxxed before Easter)

All in all, please plan ahead for future releases so that new features:
i. are fun and apply to most (keep on with the good work on that!)
ii. take some time to complete (so and so)
iii. once completed, continue to provide some mechanic to be relevant (ie resource spender such as gem mine, enchantments for crystals)
Old 21st February 2018, 02:03 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post

I do agree with everything you said here. Of course it's impossible to plan out everything for years to come. I am just affraid of mentality "we're patching the game to level 600". Let me try to explain this a bit more.

If we look at the game right now, there are a lot of systems in it.
From the most complex we have Fortress, Underworld, Pets. Then there's Toilet, Portals, Dungeons, Tower, Shadow World, Twister, Witch and Blacksmith.

Most of these start out at early to early-mid levels. And almost all of them end at mid to high levels. Actually the only system to retain it's full potential is the Blacksmith.

Now the problem is that I write this from our perspective. For us, right now, levels 400-500 are the high levels. But it's going to look completely different in a couple of years.

So we keep stacking content that ends on what in the future will be mid levels.
It's obvious that Playa wants to implement content that most of the population can engage in, so it has to start out pretty early.
The problem is all of this side content has an expiration date and in the future will create a massive hole of "nothing to do".

And so we get back to my main thought.
We now have five Halls of Fame. I am affraid that Playa will look at our situation and decide to introduce some new dungeons with monsters we can beat on the way to level 600, and a new complex system with a new Hall of Fame, that's going to last another two years.

Someone has to understand that in 2028 when we will be leveling to (possibly) level 900 we can't have ten Halls of Fame, from which most will be meaningless and a bunch of content from which most of it ends by level 600.

The conclusion is simple - we need content that is going to last till the end (our deaths IRL that is).

Last edited by Arturu; 21st February 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 22nd February 2018, 09:11 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Planning till 2028 is a bit too much. I don't know what the next update will be about nor if it will be small or with new content but usually, there are two big updates every year.

Raising the max level to 600 does not mean much. We shouldn't bother about getting too many features, hall of fames and other mechanics. They had to increase the limit because reaching 500 would have meant "game over". An account that cannot be improved anymore isn't fun. Level 600 just means the game will continue. They could also have raised it to level 530 or 700...the number isn't important in my opinion. It just shows that every player can continue leveling up for some time. It's normal that a level is increased if the highest levels are getting close to the max.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:07 AM
Mushroom Collector

Come on Leander. Just upgrading a level doesn't mean, this game gets more interesting than it is ...

If i would always raise the distance you need for your next doctor to reach, you wouldn't be happy either, if you've nearly nothing to do to while reaching him.

Thats the situation right now. Level 500 has only osteros in the shadow world left ... and guild raids, which are impossible right now ...

If the guild content, which shall come in march isn't the burner, the next server will die ... the fusion of servers flopped, no new infos for that ....

Just releasing new servers and keeping the mushroom flow alive seems their only option right now. Not very promising ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasi For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (23rd February 2018), Lumidee (24th February 2018)