Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 20th June 2018, 09:55 AM
Farm Hand

Leander please express yourself to this "the biggest update ever" mentioned by Playa. Tell us your personal feels from all these updates. I'll be really thankful to you.
Old 20th June 2018, 10:53 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Ok, I slept on it, thought this through and here's where I personally stand:

I play now only on one older server, and:
- Fortress done
- Underworld in 2 months done
- Aura 62, in 3 months done
- Twister done, just rough climbing final dungeons
- pets done (I don't care how many levels you add, finding pets and beating habitats was real content)
- I slowly compete with top 5, since they don't use WoF, but it's not something I care about

Now the base cost per day of competing is 13 shrooms for beer and mount plus another 13 for Wheel plus lets say 4 to keep up with pots. That gives us 30 shrooms per day which is roughly 1 euro.

In three months there will be nothing to do in this game and I do not intend to pay 30 euro per month. On the contrary I feel that not paying is the only way to make them understand anything.

If they value more people rerolling everytime a new server starts, thats fine. It's their choice.
Old 20th June 2018, 11:20 AM
Epic Hero

As a player of the game... I am completely disappointed by the lack of anything that is actually even REMOTELY useful for end user day-to-day.

Cross world rankings are nice... but other than stroking egos, do not provide anything towards character development. The whole point of merging worlds would be to bring new life to guilds, whereas the current update only makes carcasses fight!! How does my guild on a mostly dead server benefit from competing with a guild in a some remote, newer, vibrant server? I only stand to lose from that. Even if I win every fight since I'm older, it's only a matter of time till there are no more players, and newer servers catch up.

The whole point would be to allow for new members to join my guild, thus helping out in accomplishing goals TOGETHER (dungeons / portal / etc ). This was **literally** the whole point, and what has been asked a gazillion times.

This "feature" only boosts egos in newer servers (more progress), and provides a new source of depression for those that are already vacant or in the process of being vacated.

As for the rewrite? I fully understand both its implications (see "Techincal stuff" below) and its necessity for the Playa... but it's a far cry from anything users would call a "feature", and a distant howl from anything close to "biggest" feature.
It provides exactly ZERO value to me as a user. Newer graphics are simply a waste of time since a couple of days after release (at best), they'll be just scarcely noticed backgrounds that no-one pays attention to.

However, since you're rebuilding the whole thing from scratch, it should be damn easy to avoid the crappy mess that users complain on a daily basis -- the simplest that come to mind:
- Does it have a chat system that actually works (aka no missed private messages, proper chat history, separate windows or filters for notifications and chat, etc)?
- Does it fix the multitude of issues with different local and server time? Is the server time shown somewhere to avoid future misconceptions?

If you have not fixed AT LEAST those, then this "big update" is basically a failure before it's even beta tested.

Technical stuff:
As a web engineer of 15 years, a leader for a development team of 20 people in a software company:

- I understand the enormity of the task at hand (migrating from a series of bad technological choices made a decade ago to something promising, and rewriting everything from scratch since there is simply no way to port code "as-is").
- I also understand though that this will open the proverbial pandoras box to dozen of (now resolved) bugs, since you're wiping a decade of experience and battle proven code for something that is untested (or roughly tested due to deadlines).

What I would like from this point of view relating to the update is for Playa to adopt something that all serious development companies do:
1) a publicly visible issue tracker
2) a publicly visible user voice system

With (1), we as users who actually care about the game can see (not necessarily create new) tickets that are being worked on (at least for bugs, and announced features), instead of the extremely opaque system that is currently employed. Ticket statuses (seen by developers, being worked on, rejected, being tested) offer an easy boost in morale that someone is working on something instead of "open a ticket, we'll forward it and it's a coin toss if it went to the developer or the trash".

With (2), we can suggest and vote on features, so that Playa actually knows where the majority stands, and popular features can then be promoted to tickets in (1), with rough estimates on implementation (eg "fall update"). That way, if a person suggests server merges and you get a couple thousand upvotes, you might see it as more useful than <insert something noone asked for>.

The above will be a HUGE boost in transparency towards the player base, and make moderator job easier. There are even plugins for vBulletin to integrate those features into the system as pseudo-forums, or simply provide SSO.

That's my 2 cents, apologies for the rant/huge post, but I do feel these "updates" will just continue to urge players to drop the game.
Chani (21st June 2018), Leslie Dunn12 (20th June 2018), Selidah (22nd June 2018)
Old 20th June 2018, 11:58 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

After this "update", I hope the next update will focus on reworking thirst duration,
the last real update was the underworld in October last year,
the assassine/dungeon 14 update basically added nothing.

5 hours everyday is still tedious, and their is no skill involved.
It is just a big waste of time, and the time machine changes nothing,
nobody who gives 100% would save 80 thirst in the time machine,
because you wont get hourglasses, mushrooms or fruits.

Last edited by Eggman95; 20th June 2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 20th June 2018, 12:16 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Thanks for your feedback so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydway View Post
Leander please express yourself to this "the biggest update ever" mentioned by Playa. Tell us your personal feels from all these updates. I'll be really thankful to you.
I am also disappointed and understand a lot of players are angry. However, we need to take the situation as it is, looking forward to S&F Remastered...and Playa need to come up with something really good!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Apollo (20th June 2018), bydway (20th June 2018), dfps (20th June 2018)
Old 20th June 2018, 01:21 PM
Weekend Hero

can playa start some beta server few weeks before sf3 (server will be deleted after release)? because there will be so much bugs without some testing
and read some forum thread, where all the bugs will be written
Old 20th June 2018, 02:23 PM
Veteran Epic King

Does anyone have the variables used to calculate the fights? I assume its the same as regular Hall of Fame.

Also there's definitely a descrepancy ...

s10.sfgame.us shows:

while s1.sfgame.de shows:

Completely different ...

Quilp on s10.sfgame.us

Quilp is GONE on s1.sfgame.de

#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
#1 Arena Manager in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World

Last edited by Strider; 20th June 2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 20th June 2018, 03:08 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

All calculations are done at 6 a.m. CET and are sent to the international rankings at 12 a.m. Of course players on LOCAL servers have enough time change positions. Your screenshot shows that Quilp is #109. He isn't in the other screenshot as Alyxyn replaced him locally...by the way, Veriz is #1 at the moment (s1.us).

There will always be a difference what is displayed locally and internationally BUT I agree the tab "Heroes int." should show the same result as it should be sent to all servers at the same time.
Reported, thanks.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 20th June 2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 20th June 2018, 04:47 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
All calculations are done at 6 a.m. CET and are sent to the international rankings at 12 a.m. Of course players on LOCAL servers have enough time change positions. Your screenshot shows that Quilp is #109. He isn't in the other screenshot as Alyxyn replaced him locally...by the way, Veriz is #1 at the moment (s1.us).

There will always be a difference what is displayed locally and internationally BUT I agree the tab "Heroes int." should show the same result as it should be sent to all servers at the same time.
Reported, thanks.
Can you explain that again?

Order of Operations?

I was on my local server s10.sfgame.us which Quilp is NOT on
Then I was on s1.sfgame.de which Quilp is NOT on

So how does that apply here since neither list was local to s1.sfgame.us?
#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
#1 Arena Manager in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World

Old 20th June 2018, 04:55 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

my guess is that that lists refreshes only once a day and the fights are calculated later.
if you take a look, i think only s1de has a different list than all other server,
because s1de got the update yesterday.

so probably tomorrow everything should be right.