Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 22nd June 2018, 07:21 PM
Veteran Epic King

International Hall of Fame has not updated since yesterday
#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
#1 Arena Manager in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World

Old 22nd June 2018, 07:40 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Thanks for your report! We are already investigating this issue.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 23rd June 2018, 04:04 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Correct me if I am wrong so the new feature is an automated thing that we as players and guilds do nothing and ranking is all done behind the scenes. so a wasted of time developing and or releasing at this time if they plan on expanding it and to top it off it is already bugged.

Then we hear that that they are redoing the game yet again from all I heard on HTML it never worked properly. heck they never got the bugs out of the non HTML remaster worked out. I am scared to see the train wreck Version 3.0 is gonna look like. I hope they beta test the crap out of it before releasing because I see ppl quitting in droves if it comes out like the last one did especially if soon after this last update.
Old 23rd June 2018, 07:23 AM
Hatchling

on sont passer les bière gratuite comme chaque année ?
Old 23rd June 2018, 07:24 AM
Hatchling

ou sont passée les bière gratuite comme chaque année ?
Old 23rd June 2018, 02:03 PM
Veteran Epic King

I looks like the International Hall of Fame Fights are a day or two behind ... as I'm consistently 400-500 stat points above the "fight" I just viewed.
#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
#1 Arena Manager in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World

Old 23rd June 2018, 03:05 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoforce View Post
That is because Quilp is EXTREMELY scummy

Highly disapointing “update” especially after the statements made about it by the devs in the recent past. This is the first time that I am seriously considering to quit, as a direct result of an “update”.
I just like popping in and out. Actually haven't made much of an effort to stay #1 in HoF for quite some time. This new hero stuff doesn't give me any reason to try harder.
Old 23rd June 2018, 03:24 PM
Hatchling

Actually, dumping Flash gives me some hope for the future of this game. Hard to believe that Playa has relied on a technology that for all intents was dead four or five years ago. I would suggest they dump this new hero stuff if this is the way it is going to work.
Old 24th June 2018, 11:43 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
No, it's not a "you don't understand". We released the Steam version because of Flash and also developed the HTML5 version that went live two years ago. Therefore, it is definitely not a "haven't done almost anything until a few months ago".
Leander, you either do not know what you are talking about, or are purposely trying to mislead people in this matter.

Steam version
Just the Flash version, wrapped in Adobe Air to allow it to run outside a browser.

Want proof? Just install the game via Steam, then right click on it, and got to Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local files. The game is a total of 151Mb, 127 of which are the 'sfgame_steam.swf' file.

That's a total of ZERO effort, it should take any half-competent developer a single day to port.

If you wanted an actual Steam release, where is the integration with Steam achievements? Or ANY Steam-specific feature?

HTML Version
Again, the Flash version exported via OpenFL to HTML.

Want proof? Just switch to HTML version (still beta), right click on any background and click "Inspect" (Chrome assumed) ignore the wall of text, you should have a line highlited that starts with "<canvas" -- the container right above it has the id="openfl-content" property.

If you visit the OpenFL website, one of the best-tuted features is that you can import an existing Flash project. I am sure it took time to fiddle with all the things that broke during the import, so not exactly ZERO effort, but pretty darn close.

Otherwise, where are the HTML-specific features? The easiest would be the native support for notifications, as per mobile.

Grand total
Assuming that the Flash version is well written (I obviously cannot know that), both versions can have an alpha version within a week. Heck, the Air version, being an Adobe product, should be within the day. The OpenFL I assume took some fiddling to make it work, because any project with the history of this one behind it, has a log of baggage and skeletons in their closet that had to be cleaned up.

But ALL of your statements are FALSE:
- No, it's not a "you don't understand". Yes it is, and so was your reply. I still beg to differ.
- We released the Steam version because of Flash and also developed the HTML5 version that went live two years ago.
The Steam version was to expand on market and discoverability, and required near zero effort. It definitely had nothing to do with the Flash situation, since it is a Flash product.
The HTML version was an attempt to find an easy way out, and has failed miserably (it still is a simple export from the Flash codebase, with tweaks to make it work properly as such, not an actual product). It's still in beta after ... two years is it? Because Playa does not want to spend more time developing this (rightly so) since it's a dead end. But "developed the HTML version" is a no-no, PORTED via a LIBARY might fly.
- Therefore, it is definitely not a "haven't done almost anything until a few months ago". This might hold some water actually, if you set "almost" to a low enough level. Something has been done, however either for other reasons, or with focus on automatic tools that won't change anything significantly.
dfps (24th June 2018), Gully (24th June 2018), rvm1975 (24th June 2018)
Old 24th June 2018, 02:40 PM
Mighty Hero

If what hexblot is saying is true, and Playa is lying, how can we trust Leander or others Comas anymore?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
bydway (24th June 2018)