Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 27th September 2015, 11:56 AM
Mushroom Collector

Default gems

Hello,

I would like to understand how the gem mining works. So far, I have searched for gems in levels 1, 2 and 3 of the mine. However, I do not get higher bonuses or more gems as the level increases, only a longer search time - what is the point of upgrading then? It just works against you

I did notice that the stats that are increased vary (I got intelligence on level 1, strength on level 2 and constitution on level 3) - was this a coincidence?

Am I meant to choose which stat I want increased and then just "stay" on that level? That doesn't seem right.

Could anybody explain the logic behind the gem searching and mine upgrades, pliz?

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2015, 01:06 PM

Gilde: UK forum
Talking

I guess gem stats and type are randomly generated and the mine level increases the chance to get better gems.

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.
Old 27th September 2015, 01:18 PM
Hero

And there's still one type of gem probably out there. The grey one...

Could be some super power at higher lvls ?!
Old 27th September 2015, 02:38 PM
Mushroom Collector

Thanks guys,

I got all three "shapes" of gem, and they all gave me +45 of one stat each. So I am still not sure how it is worth it to upgrade the mine, I won't spend more on it for now.
Old 27th September 2015, 08:29 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Well part of it could be that it also goes by your level higher your level the higher stat bonus. Since you said the bonus was +45 each time I am going to assume you are no higher then lvl 100.

I know for me on lvl 1 gem mine stat bonus was way higher then that.
Old 28th September 2015, 02:22 PM
Mighty Hero

when I was level 314 I have searched gems with mine at level 1 obtaining a +96 strengh gem.
Then I have searched again when mine was at level 3 and PG at level 316, and mine give me back a +69 fortune gem.

If what we only obtain raising mine a better % to find more powerful gems, I think it could be a strange decision: at level 1 it takes more or less 1 hour. At level 4 it takes much time more... I could search 4 times at level 1 instead of waiting 4 hours with an higher mine level....

I hope it's only a bug that we found worst gem with high level mine...
Old 29th September 2015, 08:17 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Well part of it could be that it also goes by your level higher your level the higher stat bonus. Since you said the bonus was +45 each time I am going to assume you are no higher then lvl 100.

I know for me on lvl 1 gem mine stat bonus was way higher then that.
I am actually level 174. I know, not as high as many players, but 74% higher than you actually thought based on the stat bonus.

I keep searching for gems, and now I have found gems that increase other attributes, but still +45 only. I am not investing on the mine level again: it was better to find +45 gems with 1 hour search (as Arrow says) than 4h.
Old 1st October 2015, 10:55 AM
Mighty Hero

Now I have level 5 mine. more than 4 hours to search a gem... It tooks really too much time: I have lost my first position in fortress hall of fame due to time lost searching and not building.
If I rise mine level again, it will took 5 hours, then 8 hours, etc. I will lost really too much time that I can't use for build up other structure.

It should work like for soldier or archer or mage: I can't search gems if I'm upgrading mine building.
Maybe they can set more expensive (money, wood and rocks) the search itself.
But it can't stole time to build up my fortress...

If you think that I have lost 4h search to obtain a new fortune gem (fortune gem is not a lucky gem for me 'cause I have already the max useful level in it ) you can understand that it is rally a waste of time!
At high level wher you will took more than 8 hour to search a gem, I think that you can search at maximum 2 gems per day, it would be enough also if it is separate from grow up building.
Old 1st October 2015, 12:10 PM
Mighty Hero

I suppose when you reach the higher level, you have to spend a lot of time accumulating the resources to build new constructions, in which case it can make sense to search 5-8 hours for gems meanwhile... Perhaps, you upgraded your mine too fast compared to other constructions?
Old 1st October 2015, 01:17 PM
Mighty Hero

It doesn't matter: you grow up also your woods and rocks building to have faster your resources, so it's all balanced.
the problem is that when you search for gem in the meanwhile you can't buil anything.
When it will take 24 h it means that for 1 day you can't build.

My mine is more or less at the same level as the other buildings so it can't be that I have grow up it too faster.