Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 22nd February 2017, 02:16 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum
Default The Blacksmith - Feedback Thread

The Blacksmith - Feedback Thread

What do you like? What don't you like? What suggestions do you have?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 22nd February 2017, 02:28 PM
Epic Hero

Positive (+) and Negative (-) thoughts

++++ Sockets in half-useless epics!
- New resource types
+ They don't take up inventory space!
- No way to know which items generate more resources if you max out dismantling for the day (I didn't note, and now that I've dismantled my quota I don't know which items to keep or discard for tomorrow's batch)
+ Can dismantle items after going through the toilet
+ Can improve items
- Does not improve weapon damage/armor, only attributes
- Don't know how big an improvement you will get before applying it
+ Can get back gems from items!
- Removing gems destroys the item

All in all:
Positive: 8
Negative: 5

Count me very satisfied Plus most negatives can be used as feedback for the next update! Namely:
- list the item dismantling value along with sell value
- show how much of an improvement an item will get before clicking/paying for it

Last edited by hexblot; 22nd February 2017 at 02:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hexblot For This Useful Post:
Kirur (22nd February 2017)
Old 22nd February 2017, 02:30 PM
Farm Hand

how do u get the resources needed to perform actions?
Old 22nd February 2017, 02:33 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve007 View Post
how do u get the resources needed to perform actions?
As per the manual you drag items to the dismantle action ( lower left box in the blacksmith ) and you get resources to use the other actions.
Old 22nd February 2017, 02:59 PM
Epic Hero

Edit: Some math is bad , because i discovered that there is one items that doesn´t give 30, but 100 diamonds(arcane resources )
Fine idea, except for one thing - it´s basicly only for mushroomers - it is to encourage people to spend mushrooms during epic weekend. I will explain.

You can dismantle only 5 items a day.

Not sure for other levels, but for me me at level 360 +-, i get ...

30 diamonds from dismantling Normal item. = you can get 150 diamonds a day ( also, diamonds are the most important thing for basicly everything)
1500 diamonds from dismantling Epic item. = you can get 7500 diamonds a day

One epic is basicly worth 50 normal items = 10 days of dismantling normal items.

There are two problems aside from obvious avantage for people who use mushrooms:

1) Very rich people will refresh shops even when it´s not epic weekend to get epic items so that they could upgrade their gear 10x times as quickly as possible = they will gain Huge advantage to the point they will be way more stronger than normal people who tend to spend mushrooms on epic weekends and so on - - - - Since they can progress 50x times more faster than normal people. - - - - - even though this option might seem quite appealing to playa, they shouldn´t forget that normal mushroomers will be angry because they will be unable to compete with those rich few - and some people will most likely quit.

2)Same like first problem, but between normal people who spent mushrooms and free to play players - i suppose many people during epic weekend will fill all their inventory with epic items to gain as many diamonds as possible.

If they have 15 slots, and weekend lasts two days, they can essentially dismantle 25 epics - which gives them advantage of 250 days of progress over people who won ´t fill their inventory with epics or people who won´t buy any epics on epic weekend.

Now epic weekend happens every month - we have 12 months a year.. If someone were to do this what i just said and buy all epics to fill his inventory - he will gain advantage of 3000 days a year over normal people.

With buying beers and better mount, mushroomers got like 300-400% more thirst than players who play for free ( sort of).

But with blacksmith, mushroomers from 2nd problem will gain over 800-900% advantage which is a bit too much ( as for mushroomer who will fill his inventory with epics,in a year, he will have advantage of about 3000 days= advantage of 7-8 years).

One way to solve this issue would be to reduce diamonds from you get from epic items by half - or to add diamonds gained from normal items by double.

Last edited by Borb; 23rd February 2017 at 03:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Borb For This Useful Post:
Shnitel (22nd February 2017)
Old 22nd February 2017, 03:08 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
Fine idea, except for one thing - it´s basicly only for mushroomers - it is to encourage people to spend mushrooms during epic weekend. I will explain.

You can dismantle only 5 items a day.

Not sure for other levels, but for me me at level 360 +-, i get ...

30 diamonds from dismantling Normal item. = you can get 150 diamonds a day ( also, diamonds are the most important thing for basicly everything)
1500 diamonds from dismantling Epic item. = you can get 7500 diamonds a day
[...]
The whole game is geared towards people spending shrooms. It's the way it is -- and as for the huge advantage, I don't think we can say that until we see how much of an improvement "Item improvement" really does.

Aside from very high levels ( 350+ ), noone is going to upgrade their items much, since they're going to change them relatively quickly. And in the higher end gap, even non-shroomers will get to the shroomers with a delay, since items don't change as much.

This is not a bonus to advancement - from what I've seen, Blacksmith will give a max 30% improvement on attributes (not damage, XP, gold or similar) at a hefty cost per item.

Non shroomers have the exact same gap when it comes to levelling, though a wider gap (certainly not 800-900% though!) when it comes to PvP and dungeons... or am I missing something?
Old 22nd February 2017, 03:46 PM
Epic Hero

800-900% progress only in blacksmith.

Also one other problem for playa might be that people might actually not spend as many mushrooms on epic weekends - it might backfire because instead of looking every couple of months for new epic items, they will just upgrade current items - and thus they will actually spent less mushrooms on epic weekends because even random epics will do for dismantling items, and they won´t have to look for specific items with sockets.
Old 22nd February 2017, 04:21 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
800-900% progress only in blacksmith.
There is no such thing as "progress" per se though -- only stockpiling resources for whenever you need them.

Yes, upgrading all your items to lvl10 now will be faster for shroomers, but assuming you were starting now, it really doesn't make much of a difference.

And in your level, once you reach lvl10 improvement, the shroomers won't be ahead at all.
Old 22nd February 2017, 04:30 PM
Hero

How much diamonds will we really need to improve items to max? Maybe it will not be that much. I dont see players gathering diamonds for moths and months just to get 30% bonus on 1 item. On those months we lvl up and the items will be old.
Personally im not going to use the blacksmith so soon. Ill be gathering resources slowly from low item gold value items. And as i get new epics ill lvl up.
I get 750 value epics, if blacksmith gives 30% i get 225 extra with means 450 stat for offensive and life(the 225 from luck no one cares anymore). If i have to spend much time selling items to get resources for the upgrades ill rather use the gold of those items for permanent base stat.

I mostly get 2.5M gold value items...if i need i months to have upgrades then ill waste Milions in gold on "temporary" stats. Will i prefer to get 30% bonus on the short run and lose tons of million or will i prefer on the long run the permanent base stats?

The same problem happened with the gem mine in the fortress. Some players notice that was better to keep lvl 1 mine and every 15 minutes get gold and better stats on the long run, rather than upgrading the mine just for more temporary stats and a instant boost.

This will all depend on the costs to power up.

Anyway... everything they give us as updates i appreciate them all
This one is a little one but keep them coming.
Old 22nd February 2017, 06:29 PM
Epic Hero

I have some sugestions regarding the blacksmith. As Leander stated in the game manual, dismantling an item gives you Metal and Arcane resources.

- ability to exchange fortress resources for Metal (example: 100 x Wood for 1 x Metal, 75 x Stone for 1 x Metal)
- ability to dismantle gems from mine for Arcane resources
- quest reward could be extended to Metal and Arcane resources, not only gold and items

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.

Last edited by Valkyra; 22nd February 2017 at 06:36 PM. Reason: changed resource names
The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyra For This Useful Post:
Kirur (22nd February 2017)