Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 22nd October 2015, 11:59 AM
Greenhorn

Default IMPORTANT IPv6

Dear community,
Since I didn't find a technical section in the forum, I'll post here.

So, yesterday, the internet provider Cablecom decided to force all the routers of their clients to switch to IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6).
All (or most) users in Switzerland and Baden-Württemberg (Germany) are affected.
The result is, S&F won't load up, or it will really slowly.
If it does load up, the zones: Arena, Magic Shop, Mail, Guild and Hall of Fame won't work or at least need 3 minutes to load, the guild screen then has a black background; all other zones load fast as intended.

If you experience such behavior, I hope the this will help you to solve the problem. Just call your provider and let them know to revert your router back to IPv4.

Now to the question, can an official maybe tell me where/how I can contact Playa about this, as I want to ask, if/when they intend to switch to IPv6 as well, since it's a matter of time until all the web changes from IPv4 to IPv6 and I am sure more providers will update their routers to IPv6 and more users will experience this issue.

Cheers!
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:01 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Is your Flash player up to date? Also make sure to refresh your browser and test the game again a couple of times to find out if it is related to your Internet connection and router.

It could also be that it was due to a server problem.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 24th October 2015, 01:03 AM
Greenhorn

Hi Leander, thanks for your reply (also for the private message).
The problem was, that my provider Cablecom did update all their routers to be IPv6, they even admit that its somewhat a bad move from the company, as some websites who use flash (ex. Shakes and Fidget) still use IPv4 and thus making the sites not be able to display their content correctly.

To cut a long story short, there was nothing wrong on my end or on Playa's end, just the providers did a dumb move. I made this thread so if some people suddenly experience the same symptoms I described, they should know what the cause might be.
Old 26th October 2015, 03:06 PM

Here is a possible fix for IPv6 for Mozilla Firefox http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#IPv6.
I'm not 100% sure if it will work because i cant simulate IPv6.
But i will tell you what will work... try to find a free or payed VPN service or a proxy. This way you can obtain a IPv4 address.

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyra For This Useful Post:
Leander (26th October 2015)
Old 26th October 2015, 07:36 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshirofan View Post
Hi Leander, thanks for your reply (also for the private message).
The problem was, that my provider Cablecom did update all their routers to be IPv6, they even admit that its somewhat a bad move from the company, as some websites who use flash (ex. Shakes and Fidget) still use IPv4 and thus making the sites not be able to display their content correctly.

To cut a long story short, there was nothing wrong on my end or on Playa's end, just the providers did a dumb move. I made this thread so if some people suddenly experience the same symptoms I described, they should know what the cause might be.
I see, good to hear it finally works. Thanks.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 30th October 2015, 12:07 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
Here is a possible fix for IPv6 for Mozilla Firefox http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#IPv6.
I'm not 100% sure if it will work because i cant simulate IPv6.
But i will tell you what will work... try to find a free or payed VPN service or a proxy. This way you can obtain a IPv4 address.
Hi Valkyra,
This looks interesting!
Since the providers did revert my router back to IPv4, I can't really test it, but of course if this problem should occur again or other people get it someday, they certainly can try out and see if this solution would work for them.

Cheers!