Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 1st July 2018, 01:58 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Default Timeline dungeon - suggestion

Hello everybody,

today I'm presenting you a new concept that came into my mind. I will try to explain it with many details as possible, so everybody can fully understand this idea and give your honest feedback!

Introduction of the concept

I believe everybody already saw this, but in case you don't, here you have an image of the actual dungeons' map:

As you can see, every dungeon is treated like a new "world", each one connected to the others by some kind of trails or roads. However, since each dungeon is opened following a determined sequence, you'd expect that each dungeon is connected only to the previous and to the next dungeon. For example, dungeon 1 should have only 1 rail, connecting it to dungeon 2 (since there's no dungeon before dungeon 1). However, as you can see, it's connected to dungeon 2 and dungeon 4. So, what does something so useless like this (and not entirely incorrect, since that only dungeon 4 doesn't follow this 'rule', but every other dungeon is connected to the previous and to the next one) have to do with my idea?

I started imagining a map where every single dungeon was connected to the previous one, and to the next one. 'Alright, cool, so is this your fancy idea? Connect the dungeons?" Not really. But this got me thinking: this sequence that connects each dungeon, for some reason, made me to start imagining a 'timeline'.

What is a 'timeline' ?

Imagine the beggining of the Universe, the Big Bang. Now imagine every event after it, following a time sequence, from the beggining till today. Now picture it with the correct sequence (e.g., Big Bang -> formation of stars -> formation of planets -> etc etc) and you have a 'timeline'. But enough of the physics.

The 'timeline' dungeon

Let's face it, dungeons are probably the most-desired type of content from the playerbase. Is the best way to test your stats and compete with other players/servers to be the first to complete it.
But how can we 'connect' the timeline of our existance, as an human being, to this game?
Here I present you the Timeline dungeons (other names are up to discuss )

It consists in 10 themed dungeons, that are included in our timeline. I imagined this 10 events, give me your opinions about it:
  1. Dinosaurs - Jurassic Period (since I don't imagine we fighting proto-planets and stuff like that )
  2. The domain of the mammals (for those who don't know, after the dinosaurs went extinct, mammals like the mammoth ruled the Earth).
  3. The Neanderthal (pre-historical man)
  4. The Romans (a huge influence in the ancient world)
  5. The Crusades (can be changed to middle age man or whatever, period between 1000-1200 a.c)
  6. The Colonials (discovery of other continents by the europeans, we could fight something like sea monsters that man believed in, aztecas soldiers, indian merchants, ghost ships, etc).
  7. The Industrials (period after the colonial age where machines started to appear)
  8. The modern man (imagine this as the man from the 20th century)
  9. The space man (man starts to conquer the space!)
  10. The future man (stuff like robots.)

How is each dungeon open?

The first dungeon (The Dinosaurs) should be opened once the player reachs a certain level. My opinion is, maybe, level 300, so that players at level 325 can start defeating some opponents.
Once the first dungeon is opened, and after some thoughts, I think the best option here is to follow the same concept as in shadow world: once you defeated 5 monsters from a dungeon (by the way, each dungeon has 10 monsters), you can open the next dungeon. How?
  • Key in missions
  • Key in gem's mine
  • Opens automatically
Tell me which one you prefer!

Level's range

As previously said, people at level 325 should be able to start defeating the first opponents. With this being said, and since the highest players are at levels ~510, I can imagine the last dungeon being closed at levels 550~560.

Rewards
  • - XP (as in normal dungeons)
  • - Gold (as in normal dungeons)
  • - Epics (100% in each monster, we're already at mid-high levels, we don't need normal items).

This could be also a way to implement the thirst time reduction, by giving -% for each monster defeated. My opinion on this is, maybe, 0.35~0.4% for each monster, giving us a total of 35~40%.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Content for mid-high levels
  • Can last up to 3 years
  • New way to give more XP, so that people can level up fast
  • New way to receive more epics
  • Can make some bonuses never saw in the game, a reality! (like thirst time reduction)
  • Playa doesn't need to release the 10 dungeons at the same time: they can release this new 'world' in pieces: 3 dungeons in the first time, 2 more a few months later, 4 more and so on...
  • Can also be a way to incorporate goblins and trolls into the game, since that they are 100% useless at the moment: as in shadow world, where you fight with your tower companions, you could fight with your trolls and/or goblins in this dungeons.
  • More satisfying than current high-dungeons (e.g. twister), where you only have 1 dungeon to do instead of 2/3 at a given time.

Cons:
  • This concept is seen by the ocidental man. People in, let's say, chinese servers, probably doesn't know what the crusades, or the colonial age means
  • Even though I said this with totally good reasons, people can be offended by some parts*
  • Doesn't follow the animes/movies-theme implemented by Playa Games so far (I don't know any movies nor tv shows for the colonial age, for example).

* Some people doesn't see certains time periods as the best ones. Mexicans, for example, COULD dislike fighting aztecas soldiers as a sign of 'inferiority' (don't ask me why, but there's people for everything). In the same way, muslims could not enjoy the crusades theme. Even though I suggested this without trying to offend anyone, reality is that people may get offended.

Conclusions

To me, this seems like a reasonable way to get content for high levels. Tell me what do you think about it, what do you think should be changed, etc etc... and let's work this idea!

Update 1.1: added 2 more pros.
Update 1.2: added 1 more pro.

Last edited by Apollo; 16th July 2018 at 05:04 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
dfps (8th July 2018), Filfla (7th July 2018), kečup (1st July 2018), Leander (2nd July 2018), Leslie Dunn12 (2nd July 2018), Poloan (4th July 2018), promucha (19th July 2018), QeniX (1st July 2018), Selidah (14th July 2018), Shnitel (2nd July 2018), tieum (1st July 2018)
Old 1st July 2018, 05:57 PM
Epic Raid Leader

We need some progression on main game. So this idea, as a seperate dungeon screen is very good. There could be added another twister there with high level mobs.

That would be a very good addition to extend the game to level 700.

I hope Playa will look into this.
Old 2nd July 2018, 08:09 PM
Community Manager

Interesting idea, forwarded!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 3rd July 2018, 04:39 PM
Hero

Like it a lot but think it should open earlier so not only top players can enjoy it.
250, maybe even earlier. if only there was some way to scale difficulty based on current player lv.
Lets get more advanced on keys. Finding key in mission is fun, but its so short. How about each key consists of few pieces, like mirror. Maybe 3-4 pieces, so it takes some time to open next dungeon. Again its something so high lvs don't just zip through new dungeons. Maybe another requirement beside key, like achieved certain % in scrapbook.

For rewards, id suggest exp and crystals. We have gold sources already.

Con is that its a lot of work artwise but a lot of work is poor argument. So if team has time to do this, go for it! Definitely fun.

Again if time permits, would love to see new art for epic items that are related to each "event" so for dinosaur that could be loincloth,club,animal skull (for hat),necklace of bones etc

How I imagine entering into this Timeline:
A sort of museum building, in which you have wing/sections that need to be unlocked. Each section is the new "event".
A Timeline Museum?

Last edited by Tilithia; 3rd July 2018 at 04:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tilithia For This Useful Post:
Filfla (7th July 2018)
Old 3rd July 2018, 07:32 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

I'd appreciate that the community could help us defining and making this idea better, so Playa can (maybe? hehe) use it in the future!

@Tilthia, dungeon 15 is already opened at level 250 (if I'm not mistaken). My idea was level 300 since this content is directed after dungeon 15.

I like that idea about collecting pieces of each key to unlock the dungeon, really interesting! The crystal reward is also a good point, it'd allow high-end players to upgrade each item 20x (since 10 is hard enough )

I don't think new epics is a priority right now, what we really need is content, but if Playa is into it, I won't say no to it! Bring them

The museum idea is also really good, or maybe somekind of "time travel machine" that got broken and sent you to the past!

EDIT:
@Leander, did Playa already manifested their opinion about this? We'd love to see what's wrong/not do-able so we can work that!

Last edited by Apollo; 3rd July 2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 3rd July 2018, 08:54 PM
Greenhorn

Nice idea there some movie that could work in a more fantasy time line
-Jurassic Parking
-Conan the develomper
-the knight of the circle toilet
-Prince of Persian window
-Asteroid & Oberon
-BraveHat
-Dance with rabbit
-RamboTango
-Dependance life
-Star trekking
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:19 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
Like it a lot but think it should open earlier so not only top players can enjoy it.
250, maybe even earlier.
300 or 325 is perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
How about each key consists of few pieces, like mirror. Maybe 3-4 pieces, so it takes some time to open next dungeon. Again its something so high lvs don't just zip through new dungeons. Maybe another requirement beside key, like achieved certain % in scrapbook.
that is really good idea
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:47 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Yes, we can use the characters from some movies (although I don't know how the copyright works)!

My suggestions:

The Dinosaurs - Jurassic Park (or Dinosaurs from Disney)
The Mammals - Ice Age (the animated movies) (centered in the ANIMALS)
The Neanderthal - 10 000 b.c. (centered in the pre-historic man ONLY)
The Romans - Asterix & Obelix, The Eagle, etc
The Crusades - Robin Hood
The Colonials - i don't know any movie but we could use images like aztecas soldiers, european soldiers with rifles and cannons, ship captains, pirates, etc.
The Industrials - Don't know any movie either, my suggestions here are men with more recent clothes, men working in workshops and/or factories, we could use black a lot to represent the coal's colour.
The modern man - Maybe men from science in here, imagine like men holding test tubes because of chemistry, men with black boards full of calculus behind them for physics and mathematic, men with microscopes for genetics, stuff like that.
The space man - focus in astronauts, physicians, engineers, etc.
The future man - Star trek, star wars, space 1999, etc etc

I can compile all our ideas into a list for each era tomorrow
Old 7th July 2018, 12:40 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

The Industrials - Don't know any movie either, my suggestions here are men with more recent clothes, men working in workshops and/or factories, we could use black a lot to represent the coal's colour.
There you can add images with old school gangsters, like the one from the Peaky Blinders series, if you know it.
Old 16th July 2018, 05:05 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

@Leander, did Playa say anything about this idea? Just curious

* Not expecting a "yes, we're going to implement right away!" or "no, it sucks.". All I wanna know is if is interesting, is there is anything that should be reworked, etc etc.