Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 8th May 2016, 01:55 PM
Farm Hand

Default Inaccurate Pet Information

I’ve been working from the original spreadsheet and PDF which was put on this forum for my pet information. This now seems to be wrong for some pets. The first ones I’ve had problems with are Ewilgryn and Mameloth. I tried Ewilgrynn 4 times at the listed time and location of Skull Island, Day, Friday and didn’t get it. Maybe it has a small percentage chance of dropping?

I looked at the clunky website you give for the list now:
http://shakes-and-fidget.mmofanmag.c...h-pets?lang=en
and the entry for Mameloth has changed to Nevermoor, Day, Sunday. It was originally Nevermoor, Night, Sunday. I’ve tried and failed at this 3 times so far.

Nevermoor, Night, Sunday - Failed 7 times over 2 servers.
Nevermoor, Day, Sunday - Failed 3 times on 1 server(so far)

I know 4m7.de is a third party site but so is mmofanmag.com and they seem to have bought the information. 4m7 have also helped me out a lot with accurate information, especially scrapbook. On their site http://en.4m7.de/sammelalbum/pets_habitat.php it lists Mameloth as: Mameloth, Nevermoor, Autumn. This is more believable as I haven’t had much luck finding it in spring so far. If it really is an autumn pet, how did they get this information? They can’t have collected evidence from players as it isn’t autumn yet! Are Playa selling the list to third parties?

I haven’t had time to look at them all, but for some pets, there are THREE versions of the info: the original spreadsheet; the mmofanmag page; the 4m7.de page. Here’s another example for Earth pet Rheynooth. Originaly it was Maerwynn, Monday, Day. Now it is Maerwynn, Monday, Night. 4m7.de has Maerwynn, Sunday, Night. Which one is it?

If they have a small percentage of dropping an egg even when you get the location and time correct, then that’s fair enough but why call these pets “common”?

You didn’t have to give us this information at all, you could have let us work it out by trial and error. However you did give us the list and if it turns out to be incaccurate, it would have been a bigger help to us if you just didn’t bother giving it out at all.

Another problem is that a player seems to have collected a pet for having a level 20 mine, without exploring all the pets up to this point. He has the 19th Earth pet, Tricerawood:

http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=8103&page=2

This is not how I imagined it would work as I thought the ones with no location would automatically be collected, once you’d explored it and met the condition. If this is not the case, I should have the pets that requires the tower finished, top 100 guilds, 20 aura, etc. but I didn’t get any of those without having the pet explored first.

Edit: I forgot Muscodon!
Muscodon is supposed to be found here:
Muscodon, Tusk Mountain, Day, Summer
Lots of people, including myself found it through the Day in Tusk Mountain in Spring. I think this one has been fixed now as I can’t get the egg now on the servers where I hadn’t explored it soon enough. We don’t have that long to wait until summer for this one, but it still puts some players at an advantage or disadvantage through no fault of their own. An announcement every time you move the goalposts would be nice!

Edit 2:
I’ve found some complaints on the german forums. Here’s one about the Water 10 Pet, Ewilgryn:
http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74212

Here’s one about Earth 11, Rheynooh:
http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74232

Last edited by Karocet; 8th May 2016 at 09:54 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post:
Alvin85 (8th May 2016), elek1977 (8th May 2016), KOMA90 (8th May 2016), PrOx (8th May 2016)
Old 9th May 2016, 01:49 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Confirmed, just received the official email.

Here's the correct list:

Mameloth: Nevermoor, night, Sunday
Rheynooh: Maerwynn, day, Monday
Rockastonn: Busted Lands, night, Tuesday

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 9th May 2016, 11:27 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post

Here's the correct list:

Really? That looks like the out of date list to me. Here's what I'm working with now:

Mameloth, Nevermoor, Day, Autumn
Rheynooh, Maerwynn, Night, Sunday
Rockastonn, Busted Lands, Day, Monday

Do you know if anyone has managed to collect Ewilgrynn yet?

Also your official pet collecting guide still mentions the bright or dark city screen which is just wrong.
http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=5386
It will only apply if you're on the same timezone as the server. Server time is all that matters and the city screen goes bright and dark in sync with your local time.
Old 10th May 2016, 12:05 AM
Mushroom Collector

Reynooth was found by a few players in germany on Monday during the day, so this information should be accurate.
Old 10th May 2016, 12:15 AM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayaz View Post
Reynooth was found by a few players in germany on Monday during the day, so this information should be accurate.
Thanks for that info. I haven't explored Reynooh yet. Do you know of anyone collecting Mameloth yet? I tried and failed lots of times on Sunday Night.
Old 11th May 2016, 09:00 AM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post

Here's the correct list:

I have the same problem with Mameloth: last Sunday I have not found either by day or by night.
We are sure than this Sunday Mameloth will be in night in Nevermoor?

If it's not or Playa will already fix this (?!) or it will be found in autumn like the other site said.
Is it possibile to have a right answer about it before Sunday?
Old 11th May 2016, 07:04 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
I have the same problem with Mameloth: last Sunday I have not found either by day or by night.
We are sure than this Sunday Mameloth will be in night in Nevermoor?

If it's not or Playa will already fix this (?!) or it will be found in autumn like the other site said.
Is it possibile to have a right answer about it before Sunday?
I'm going to try again on Sunday, its worth a try. I did try a few times last Sunday. This could be a very rare pet. If it is, then that's fine by me. If we've still got the wrong info, then that's bad.
Old 11th May 2016, 09:33 PM
Hero

Gilde: UK forum

I haven't even unlocked Mameloth yet but it sounds like he's difficult to get, oh well
Old 13th May 2016, 07:38 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karocet View Post
Do you know if anyone has managed to collect Ewilgrynn yet?
I've managed to collect Ewilgrynn myself today on every server that I play with it explored. This info seems to be fine. Either I was unlucky last week or they've changed it. It dropped first time, every time today.
Old 15th May 2016, 08:26 AM
Mighty Hero

Also this night I haven't found Mameloth in Nevermoor.
I've tried also during the day in the same area but nothing has changed.
It seems that Mameloth info is already wrong.
Please report it to Playa.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arrow For This Useful Post:
Karocet (15th May 2016)