Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2018, 01:24 AM
Mighty Hero

When a ranking is based on the level of one out of three units, I don't agree with that.

About fortress and underworld, I agree with an end as it is. However, there could exist some type of out-content where we could use fortress' resources and/or underworld units. For example, you use tower companions in shadow world, even though tower has an end, you continue to use its companions. My idea is:

- for the fortress resources, create a new "fortress/underworld" for guilds with buildings. Each building gives a certain amount of % bonus to their members, and they could be upgraded with resources from fortress (each member should donate them, just like you donate gold to apply for raids). Imagine a "fortress" with 5 buildings: one gives % XP, another gives % gold, another % less stats of the shadow raids monsters, or whatever it is. Members must donate resources from their fortresses in order to upgrade the buildings. Just like in personal fortress, each building takes some time to complete and you can't build anything else in that time.

- for the underworld troops, since there is no reason to upgrade goblins and trolls (and we have to upgrade guardian even though we only need it to get a decent spot in the ranking), you could create somekind of "dungeon" where you'd use goblins and trolls. Or, like in shadow world, where you fight with your companions and yourself, you could fight with your goblins, your trolls and yourself.
Old 26th June 2018, 06:23 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Yeah, thats still not a proposal on how to fix the rankings.
Sure, Underworld HoF is not good. But it's still decent given the circumstances.

Your proposal on resources does not sound interesting. All you guys give are examples on how to increase gold and xp which in the end will shorten the life of Shadow World - the last remaining piece of "content".

I already don't have much to click on in this game.
Old 26th June 2018, 10:35 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Um, what are you talking about? You sound like you've found the holy grail but actually I don't understand all that fuss.

First, I don't know how the Steam and HTML5 versions were created. Second, it does not even matter. I said the Steam version was developed to have a Flash-less version of the game, one that does not require a browser. As I never said it was created from scratch it does not matter if an exporter was used or not. And of course we wanted to have our game on Steam to attract new players, makes sense, right?
Same for the HTML5 version - we were looking for a Flash-less alternative, developed HTML5 but things did not work well.

Some time ago we started S&F Remastered...coding the whole game from scratch.
Reason: getting rid of Flash, redesigning the game (more space for new buttons), increasing performance (compared to Flash).
The fuss is about Playa being out of sync with the world, as well as the players, and then when letting everyone down once more, posting a letter that "hey we know what's best and have been doing everything so far, you guys just don't get it". I am also sensitive to the word "developed" since it implies effort, when the only thing done was to port the game using mostly automated tools.

I totally agree that it makes sense to be on Steam - but it had nothing to do with moving away from Flash, as you mentioned in your previous post. It was all about expanding their market (and that's great btw!).

Same with the HTML version -- there was nothing "developed", the code was dumped on a third party library and patched to work properly with it. "Developed" implies so much more -- but it might be just me being triggered by that.

And noone ever said that Remastered is a bad thing -- it's something that is definitely going to bring a new era to the game, but the whole communicating part was plain bad. It was hyped up, when it provides nothing (yet) to players, but everything to the company. It's a necessary step, but the hype built was simply against it, since most people will only see new images (and bugs, which is a fact of life, nothing to do with Playa specifically).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
"and Playa is lying, how can we trust Leander or others Comas anymore?"

Why are we lying? Your post makes no sense. It is S&F Remastered we have been programming from scratch, NOT Steam or HTML5.
I totally agree with you that no lies were involved. Everything said was by the text posted -- however a lot more was implied, hence the letdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Guys, chill out, Leander is just the messenger, relaying information back and forth for us.

Here is my proposal ...

We, the members of the international forum, put forward a proposal of fixes, with Eggman's help, of what we think is a priority for Playa to fix.

We could classify it in order of priority, and Playa could come back with a yes or no to fix it, how hard the fix will be, and an ETA of when the fix could be published.

Then, we could put forward a proposal of new content, much in the same way.

This would be an opportunity for Playa to say "we see you're upset, we want to make amends, and we want the community to be an active part of how we reshape the game".

This way, we can incorporate prior requests (that have not been shot down by playa, or Eggman has cataloged in the german forums as well as our history of recommendations).
I would like to state that I have nothing against Leander, he (hopefully a "he",) has provided any and all information he could, and has supported the community in the best of his ability for more years than I remember.

I would *love* to have a more interactive relationship with Playa, and the most common method, which does exactly what you describe is either a feedback capturing software (like UserVoice) or even something basic like GitHub (the issue tracker part).

In all of the above, people post an issue/feature request/etc, other people can up/down vote, and the list is sorted by number of votes. Ideally, a developer (or representative) flags topics as "won't do" / "in the queue" / "doing" (that last one for bugs usually) or similar. It really does not matter what the software would be, or if developers actually participate (which I highly doubt but would love).
What matters is that they stop using their trash can as an inbox for feature requests!
Old 26th June 2018, 11:49 AM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Yeah, thats still not a proposal on how to fix the rankings.
Sure, Underworld HoF is not good. But it's still decent given the circumstances.

Your proposal on resources does not sound interesting. All you guys give are examples on how to increase gold and xp which in the end will shorten the life of Shadow World - the last remaining piece of "content".

I already don't have much to click on in this game.
I think the amount of gold earned is decent because of the 10kk/stat gap, but not the XP. I highly believe that now exists people at +500, XP curve should have a change on its mechanics in order to level up faster at 425-450. (maybe put a break at levels 460 or something, like there is at level 393 right now).

First of all, the type of bonuses I mentioned are only examples - of course, we could come up with totally new ideas besides XP and gold.

Second, I don't agree with you about shadow world.

1. There is still a long way till someone complete shadow hogwarts.
2. I hope to see more content after shadow world.

About underworld rank, OK I understand your point and all good by me. To be honest, its not THAT necessary to change it at the moment.

Sorry for my bad English
Old 26th June 2018, 02:30 PM
Epic Raid Leader

I think we all view this game a bit differently. Maybe because we are at different stages in it.

For me the golden years for SF were when Fortress was introduced. It was a seperate system, with it's own progression which translates to: two games in one.

I remember clearly that at the beginning people were thinking only about Fortress. Leveling was only a bonus activity.

The moment Fortress finished half of the game disappeared (for me and many others). People stopped attacking. I only go there for gems and xp.

Other system offer value, but theres not much progression in them. You can still level pets, but the system by itself is dead. If not for stat bonuses you could ignore it completely. Underworld stops the moment you beat 1st ranked player and when you finish value buildings.

It's very simple - when sense of progression is fading, the game becomes boring.

I still think Fortress system should be updated. Just because you can't introduce a 3rd separate system since people on newer servers would have to (most likely) play all 3 at the some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
Selidah (26th June 2018)
Old 26th June 2018, 02:35 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Thanks for your feedback!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 27th June 2018, 09:20 PM
Farm Hand

I'm very happy to hear about S&F 3.0.

Recently I tried to find some other, maybe more modern, hero building game (for an android device) somewhat resembling S&F. The games I managed to find are pretty much either just as old, has way less content or is just discontinued/dead.

To me S&F 3.0 means that Playa intends to keep the monopoly on the market. Although if no formidable competition appears some time soon it will mean less pressure for Playa to fight for their monopoly aka. come up with new features to keep us entertained. It is a tough market to get some visibility at considering this type of game wouldn't attract much attention through streaming platforms.
Old 29th June 2018, 08:10 PM
Mighty Hero

@Leander, what are Playa thoughts about this? Are they willing to dialogue with the community? Do they agree with BMWs opinions?

Can we hear something about this? SFGame 3.0 will bring us many opportunities to add more and more content, now is our time to suggest what can Playa do with this.
Old 29th June 2018, 09:10 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I am the link between devs and community and forward all your feedback. Playa published a letter to the community and said they would change several things in the future.

They are aware of your frustration, wishes, suggestions and other feedback.
Now we have to wait till they come up with something new.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 30th June 2018, 08:29 AM
Greenhorn

Leander, I know it's not to this topic, but are there any news about bug with blacksmith giving less arcane resources (crystals)? It's two months now since the first report of this bug...
Closed Thread