Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2018, 01:23 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum
Default Guild Update Part 2 & S&F Remastered Part 1

Official discussion thread.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 16th July 2018 at 03:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Apollo (19th June 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 01:48 PM
Mighty Hero

Guild update - international ranking: seems a really good solution to replace the servers fusion! Wouldn't thought about this, well played Playa Games! One question though: does only the top1 hero/guild of each COUNTRY fight for the 'international crown', or every top1 hero/guild of each SERVER?

Shakes & Fidget remastered: Nothing to say here, looks like a new and fresh version of the game, can't give my opinion about the graphics because I haven't seen any (besides the link provided of the tavern ). When will this be released?

Don't want to be ungrafetul, but will we have new content besides this awesome-new mechanics? (dungeons, monsters, items, wtv )

Don't delete my posts Leander

EDIT: I recognize that recoding from 0 an entire game is an hard task, and I congratulate Playa for it. But imagine this: what if, instead of taking 1 year and 3 months to design new graphics for the game, they could use that amount of time to create new classes, new dungeons, new portals, whatever it could be...? I think the graphics will be amazing but that's not a priority.

Last edited by Apollo; 19th June 2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 19th June 2018, 04:10 PM
Veteran Epic King

ok so a remaster of existing content and a PVP Hall of Fame for only the #1s

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people lol

so PVP "regardless of Age of Server"

Does this mean s10.sfgame.us #1 could beat s1.sfgame.de #1 even though s1 has been around 4+ years longer and their stats are double?
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
Old 19th June 2018, 04:12 PM
Epic Raid Leader

I felt this is gonna be bad.

We get another remake of game code - in alpha phase (translation: roughly unplayable).

And a new ranking system that plays by itself.

For me if there's nothing new I can do, it's not an update.
Old 19th June 2018, 04:19 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
does only the top1 hero/guild of each COUNTRY fight for the 'international crown', or every top1 hero/guild of each SERVER?

Shakes & Fidget remastered: When will this be released?

I recognize that recoding from 0 an entire game is an hard task, and I congratulate Playa for it. But imagine this: what if, instead of taking 1 year and 3 months to design new graphics for the game, they could use that amount of time to create new classes, new dungeons, new portals, whatever it could be...? I think the graphics will be amazing but that's not a priority.
1) For every of the 238 servers.
2) Later this year.
3) We know but don't forget there will be another update in fall.

Old 19th June 2018, 04:25 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Does this mean s10.sfgame.us #1 could beat s1.sfgame.de #1 even though s1 has been around 4+ years longer and their stats are double?
Yes. It's just about local hall of fames first (who's gonna compete) and level and attributes of the hero or the whole guild later (international rankings).

We know it would have been much better with more guilds and heroes per server but as they are 238 servers worldwide, it would have been too performance-heavy with all the calculations required every day.

Old 19th June 2018, 04:31 PM
Farm Hand

I might've misunderstood something... what exactly does this "update" do for me if I'm not top 1 on server or guild? Even better, what would it do even if I was? It's a ranking*, it does exactly nothing.

Just maybe, instead of adding pointless rankings every second day you'd consider linking the update to the previously introduced (and pointless as well, mind you) dungeons?

Honestly, I'd prefer if it was just the whole "redesign" and not a time waster. Highly not impressed especially that people in my guild said they will leave if this update doesn't change anything. Well, it doesn't.

Last edited by Leslie Dunn12; 19th June 2018 at 04:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leslie Dunn12 For This Useful Post:
Badhbhchadh (19th July 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 04:31 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Yes. It's just about local hall of fames first (who's gonna compete) and level and attributes of the hero or the whole guild later (international rankings).

We know it would have been much better with more guilds and heroes per server but as they are 238 servers worldwide, it would have been too performance-heavy with all the calculations required every day.
Will there be rewards for winning battles?

also ... who would win?

8.5 years old

or

4.5 years old
1st to Gem Mine Level 100

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 19th June 2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 19th June 2018, 04:43 PM
Greenhorn

I am very disappointed. Literally nothing new for me as a player. I don't care about graphics (who the hell cares about 4K in browser clicking game). I don't really care about rankings (which won't even be relevant since I know there are dozens of stronger guilds and hundreds of stronger players in older servers who won't compete in this new system). New guild dungeons still pointless, nothing new to do...looks like another 3 months (at least) of waiting for new content.

(I wouldn't be that disappointed if you didn't promote this "nothing" as biggest update in 3 years)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gerond For This Useful Post:
Badhbhchadh (19th July 2018), Leslie Dunn12 (19th June 2018), Plastikmann (21st June 2018), QeniX (19th June 2018), rvm1975 (20th June 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 04:48 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dunn12 View Post
I might've misunderstood something... what exactly does this "update" do for me if I'm not top 1 on server or guild? Even better, what would it do even if I was? It's a ranking*, it does exactly nothing.
I understand that you're disappointed. If you aren't in the top guild/the top hero on your server you don't get anything new. We wanted to add so much more guilds and heroes but it was not possible technically. The update isn't the birthday surprise but S&F Remastered is. The international guild rankings would have been part of the Easter update with the new guild raids but we had to delay it.

High-res graphics don't seem to be that important at first glance but with Adobe Flash already being on the verge of extinction we had to do something about it. Getting rid of a dying Flash base was urgent...and don't forget issues with Flash updates, popup blockers, Flash crashes etc. With S&F Remastered we're on the safe side technically.

Normal game updates will be released later on (the first one this fall).

Last edited by Leander; 19th June 2018 at 04:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Badhbhchadh (19th July 2018)
Closed Thread