Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 16th April 2013, 08:27 AM
Mighty Raid Leader

Natuurlijk kan dat. Of anders wil Sergej misschien alles wel vertalen.

Leander: I appreciate your efforts to welcome the Dutch people. But I think that some serious effort is required in the coming period. The Dutch community have not been informed by the community manager, so it comes as a (nasty) surprise. Apart from that, the community has long been disappointed by the level of Playa Games's customer focus. The unannounced transition to a forum in a language that a significant part of the playing community does not yet sufficiently master, is one more sad example of this.

A transition to an international server isn't necessarily bad. But Playa games should think of a way in which Dutch (and for that matter, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, ...) speaking players can ask their questions (and get answers!) in their native language.

Last edited by Lillikurd; 16th April 2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 16th April 2013, 08:39 AM
Weekend Hero

Why?? There are many dutch children playing this game. Can they read and write english? NO THEY CAN NOT!!! There are also adults playing this game and many of them also can not read or write english. So if there important messages they can't read them. I wonder if this is the meaning of all this.
For me writing this message did take double the time writing it, because my school years are laying far behind me And why was this not told to us that this was going to happen? You knew this a long time so why did we nog get this information?
DUTCH: Waarom? Er zijn veel Nederlandse kinderen die dit spel spelen. Kunnen ze engels lezen en schrijven? NEE, DAT KUNNEN ZE NIET!!! Er zijn ook volwassenen die dit spel spelen en velen van hen kunnen ook niet lezen of schrijven in het Engels. Dus als er belangrijke berichten kunnen zij dit niet meer lezen. Ik vraag me af wat de betekenis is van dit alles. Voor mij was het schrijven van dit bericht dubbel de tijd, omdat mijn schooltijd ver achter mij ligt En waarom werd dit ons niet verteld dat dit zou gaan gebeuren? Jullie wisten dit al een lange tijd dus waarom hebben we deze informatie niet eerder gekregen?
Old 16th April 2013, 08:47 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

juist
@ willow: bedankt voor de vertaling
Old 16th April 2013, 09:05 AM
Adventurer

slaat nergens op dit...
Zo, ik heb gesproken
Old 16th April 2013, 11:22 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

nu in het engels Denots anders begrijp ik je niet
Old 16th April 2013, 01:45 PM
Adventurer

This hits nothing
Old 16th April 2013, 01:52 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I don't speak Dutch. Playa decided to merge some smaller communities and start a more active combined International Forum.

Dutch is still allowed in the guild section of your NL servers and in the chat box but all other forum threads should be in English so everbody is able to understand you. This was the UK forum initially...then Sweden and Denmark were added, now the Netherlands and Japan.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 16th April 2013, 01:55 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillikurd View Post
Natuurlijk kan dat. Of anders wil Sergej misschien alles wel vertalen.

Leander: I appreciate your efforts to welcome the Dutch people. But I think that some serious effort is required in the coming period. The Dutch community have not been informed by the community manager, so it comes as a (nasty) surprise. Apart from that, the community has long been disappointed by the level of Playa Games's customer focus. The unannounced transition to a forum in a language that a significant part of the playing community does not yet sufficiently master, is one more sad example of this.

A transition to an international server isn't necessarily bad. But Playa games should think of a way in which Dutch (and for that matter, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, ...) speaking players can ask their questions (and get answers!) in their native language.
It wasn't announced? It should have been! The NL forums of our other games were merged yesterday, too...and the local CoMa had to announce the upcoming merger some weeks in advance.

Old 16th April 2013, 03:25 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Hello Leander,

Thanks for your activeness in all this! Lillikurd and I were staff-members before this merge, but we both quit after yet another disappointment from Playa (which was a week ago, to which our CoMa hasn't responded yet). Our CoMa is/was Sergej who occasionally replies to posts but apparently doesn't communicate very well either.

It does make me wonder what other things Sergej neglected to inform us about.

To bring you up to speed on the Dutch front:

- The Easter mushroom event was announced to be three days, but ended after two days. Several players indicated that they missed out on the offer because of this. Lillikurd and I notified Sergej of this with some ideas on how to solve the problem, but no actions were taken as far as we know.

- On Dutch server 2, the no. 1 guild is more than 3000 fame above the no. 2 guild and therefore cannot do guildattacks anymore. They are missing out on xp this way. My question to Sergej was if this is intended by Playa. No reply yet.

- Staff issue 1, see pm.

- Staff issue 2, see pm.

- Support-tickets get little to no response.

- Playa allows for families to play SF together from one IP, but sadly this is abused on the dutch servers where there are many double-accounts.

That's what I remember right now.

I've lurked around on the us forums (Cregan there as well), and I know that you're more than capable of leading these forums. I hope the other dutchies will not make your job too difficult. We are quite a vocal people when things aren't running as they should

Seeing as I'm not going to be working under Sergej anymore I'm willing to extend my work as Staff again. I'll send an email to the right person about this.

Regards,
Cregan
The Following User Says Thank You to Cregan For This Useful Post:
Sergej (16th April 2013)
Old 16th April 2013, 08:33 PM
Community Manager

I see. I can't say much on your forum situation and experienced problems and I wasn't involved but the current situation is that this is the International Forum now with different communities. I understand and accept that some users are angry and don't like what took place yesterday but I can't change it.

What I can do is to make this forum a nice place to visit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Cregan (16th April 2013), Moranu (16th April 2013)