Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 6th April 2011, 09:29 PM
Weekend Hero

Well said Knytul! I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Mage Corps. As a matter of fact there are certain Mages out there I would NEVER let join us. And most of them know who they are - those who have relentless pounded on individual mages time after time again just to show they are bigger and better. (When you are several levels higher and a whole bunch of honour above its not hard to do.) There are also some I have personally kicked out for subordination. If my guild is having a problem with you- we talk about it and you may go.

We play an honest game and its pretty straight forward-mages against all others. So here's to Mage Corps and Silver Sharks - guilds who like to be part of a community. We are here to have fun and meet interesting people and to work as a team.

As far as joining one of us honest guilds.. we are watching for past behaviour. And never think that we don't know. Both Silver Sharks and Mage Corps don't suffer fools gladly. And believe it or not we have been known to share info between us. Some of us really believe in this game and its potential.
Old 7th April 2011, 02:43 AM
Adventurer

Jinze, while the story may seem a bit skewed, on their end, what you're hearing are the true feelings of many of the chosen members. In your perspective, you fail to step back and think about what happened. In any kind of merger, the reasons have to be right. I'm a 150+ shroomer, and I've been mailed randomly about joining a bunch of different guilds over time, and who knows, maybe I would enjoy it more somewhere else, but I enjoy things where I am, I like the crowd, and its active. Why take a risk?

In this case, it was clearly the greed of a few players, who acted of their own volition, and against the wills of the others in their own guilds, who cared only about becoming more powerful in a game. That's an immature and generally crappy reason to do anything in an environment where people play for FUN.

So they messed up everything, lost friends, alienated people, and in fact, are a collaborate right now that is weaker than both the original Lotr or the original chosen. They merged and became less than either side at the beginning. That's just depressing, and stupid, and speaks volumes about them.

Look at how many high level people they invited, and of those, how many actually accepted the invitation? The only group of high level people out there who did are the Gorblar crew from Chain Gang. A guy and 9 other accounts he purchases mushrooms for who all bot and share account info. None but gorblar even speak in their own guild chat, because its all about "I wants to be more powerful in online game". That's why the merger failed, and that's why it can't last. When you do things for the wrong reasons, it rarely lasts, and more importantly, all you do is annoy people in the process. And as far as the account sharing goes, I know that to be the case. Atric's bot settings have changed in regards to who he attacks every 10 minutes, and the periods of time during the day that he is online have changed. It's laughable, as is really anyone who associates themselves with that type of activity.
Old 7th April 2011, 08:51 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlination View Post
Well said Knytul! I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Mage Corps. As a matter of fact there are certain Mages out there I would NEVER let join us. And most of them know who they are - those who have relentless pounded on individual mages time after time again just to show they are bigger and better. (When you are several levels higher and a whole bunch of honour above its not hard to do.) There are also some I have personally kicked out for subordination. If my guild is having a problem with you- we talk about it and you may go.

We play an honest game and its pretty straight forward-mages against all others. So here's to Mage Corps and Silver Sharks - guilds who like to be part of a community. We are here to have fun and meet interesting people and to work as a team.

As far as joining one of us honest guilds.. we are watching for past behaviour. And never think that we don't know. Both Silver Sharks and Mage Corps don't suffer fools gladly. And believe it or not we have been known to share info between us. Some of us really believe in this game and its potential.
You 2 are not the only leaders that think that way . There are lot of guilds out there that think alike . Just look at the low rank guilds with low bonusses , but still they have high lvl players and they have been with that guild for a long time and continue to be . So if one guild sadly went down , thats not the end of the game . Who knows maibe one of those low guilds that no1 ever noticed will emerge the first on the ranks .
P.S.
Make love not war .
You start questioning your faith ,
I have a voice that is my savior ,
Hates to love and loves to hate ,
I have the voice that has the knowledge ,
And the power to rule your fate .
Old 7th April 2011, 09:03 AM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodidumdum View Post
Jinze, while the story may seem a bit skewed, on their end, what you're hearing are the true feelings of many of the chosen members. In your perspective, you fail to step back and think about what happened.
I understand your point of view but what I posted was about the way I experienced things from a LotR perspective, right now all we're hearing is about what The Chosen think and I figured it would be good to hear what happened in our guild as well.

In any case this obviously didn't turn out well resulting in high level players that didn't bot leaving and high level players that did bot sitting around in guilds with their 9 other characters feeling spiffy, we'll get over this I'm sure.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:04 AM
Greenhorn

The way I see is that Gorblar wants to make a super guild with his other 9 (in the future maybe 49) bots shrooming like crazy and not giving a **** about rules and why should he? I mean he is giving money away like they are newspapers. Of course the Admins wont do anything about it...in time they will own a mercedes or two just from him alone. This game is getting shittier and shittier with people having 32432432 bots shrooming them like some body builder on steroids.
Old 7th April 2011, 01:22 PM
Greenhorn

It's a shame Gorblar and his officers left Chain Gang simply to be a part of the top guild, to try and create what you guys refer to as a "Super Guild". The competition was feirce from Chain Gang. Ourselves (Syndicate), Urlonia and Silver Sharks, along with several other guidls between 2-10, were having some good battles, never really isolating a position and stayign there. For me, the merge between LOTR and Chosen, and the disruption it caused themselves was ideal (and humourous).

Every great nation faces a downfall. The end of LOTR and Chosen, or at least a disruption for both guilds, has now pathed a route for many other guilds to face off, and create new challengers.... Give it two weeks, I'm looking forward to the outcome and where people sit in the table... it won't be long before Earthrise brings The Others uup into the Top 5... If this game is still about in 2 years, i doubt i will be, along with many members i know, and our guilds too will fall, and others will take our places, it's a never ending cycle. it's actually quite interesting, and it's made the norm (the tables been pretty fixed for last 7-8 months) turn into something rather exciting, while we all look on to see what's going to happen.

For me, the bot is irrelavent... A human can do what the bot does, and it doesn't really allow you to exceed a humans capability, so for me, it's not all that bad..... but the multiple accounts is something the admins should seriously be looking into!
Old 8th April 2011, 01:11 AM
Adventurer

There's nothing at all morally wrong with using a bot from time to time to get some adventure done. But a person like Gorblar paying for mushrooms for 9 other people and chain botting their characters I find somewhat pathetic.

Stealing accounts from other players - not cool
Hijacking a guild - not cool

The end result is weaker than the two pieces that were supposedly putting it together. I'd sooner quit than associate myself with pigvomit like that. And jinze, please don't take offense, you are more the victims of this than anyone else here. From my end, they can never actually be active, and 50 a month to bot, and be the most uber set of people who don't actually even play the game that they want. Doesn't bother me one lick, because I actually have fun playing and chatting with people.

Pst, hey let's invite this clown who spends 250 a month for 10 accounts on this game to chainbot.
Sure sure, he can totally help us win dungeons!
Old 8th April 2011, 09:50 AM
Mighty Hero

Wait wait, did i miss something? When did this thread turn into what happened about The Chosen and Lord of the Rings....to being about Gorblar?
Old 8th April 2011, 10:43 AM
Greenhorn

i agree xodi

also knytul, gorblar is involved in the whole LOTR and Chosen issue cause he left chain gang to go to one of them with all of his alt characters.... the subject of the thread was "wow whats happened to the server" not just about those two top guilds
Old 8th April 2011, 02:35 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knytul View Post
Wait wait, did i miss something? When did this thread turn into what happened about The Chosen and Lord of the Rings....to being about Gorblar?
Because it was a question about the server, and technically, there are 4 heavily affected guilds. Lord of the Rings lost most of its high level membership to people quitting or leaving for the chosen. The chosen lost most of its base, leaving the combined guild at a whopping 24 people. 2 guilds of 50 turned into 1 guild o 24. The rest of their people are defects from other top 10 guilds, like chain gang, who donated the Gorblar and his 9 paid for mushies bots to the cause. That also affects the server. Then you have the leader of Insurrection, Baphomet, leaving that guild in a quagmire, MadMan and Kinia leaving Stars Gwardia, weakening them severely, and the God Father ditching RDV as their strongest member.

Plus you have a lot of very strong players now in TheOthers from LotR and old chosen. And since the title of the thread is what happened to the server, that's 6 or 7 guilds who have been directly affected by this, and only one of them positively. The new chosen is complete crap, both in terms of the quality as well as the quantity of its people, not to mention the type of personality it takes to go along with a guild hijacking like that, compared to what it was before the merger. The new lotr is much weaker than they used to be. Insurrection, Stars Gwardia and Chain "Gorblar buys us mushrooms and bots us" Gang, all lost their strongest players, and only theOthers seems to have emerged from this stronger than they were before.